Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We’re currently supposed to leave Friday to drive to Florida to sail on Celebrity Edge.  Sigh.  I sure miss the days when one could happily look forward to a cruise.  I think we’re still going to sail, even after reading all the current awful news of positive cases on land and sea.   

I’m happy to see others on this thread continuing with their cruise schedules.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

For 22 days onboard you might want to  become friends with some of the crew members onboard and when they off load in Coco Cay you can blend in and spend your quarantine on the island.

We don't go to coco cay but if they give me a private beach to quarantine on that works 😃

We are going to (or hopefully going to) St Kitts, Barbados, St Maarten, PR (I'm sure that will be changed - no word yet), St. Lucia, Antigua and I think one more - been awhile since I looked at the itinerary.     leg 2 is basically a repeat of Leg 1 (hopefully).    

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Beach photos needed please. 

I went into private mode, the acceptable behaviour policy was an interesting read. Almost what I expected to read. 

Last week, will get new ones on Saturday 

20211228_105251.thumb.jpg.ac5bfeecb6d817ebeb64e6a5f64d1814.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I didn't get to see her TV interview or the hallway photos.

I just hope I never find out what the hallway of the quarantine section looks like!

I can't find them on intranets. Actually kind of odd that not much information out other than CruiseLawNews and Twitter

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We don't go to coco cay but if they give me a private beach to quarantine on that works 😃

We are going to (or hopefully going to) St Kitts, Barbados, St Maarten, PR (I'm sure that will be changed - no word yet), St. Lucia, Antigua and I think one more - been awhile since I looked at the itinerary.     leg 2 is basically a repeat of Leg 1 (hopefully).    

Our trip next week is St Kitts, St Thomas,  and Last Day Coco Cay

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Every ship that Royal send out of Florida has a chance right now of stopping at Coco Cay, no ship is a safe bet of not going there at one time or another on your cruise.

Not sure if I should be concerned or not!   We got a dining table change that we did not request.  

Someone did post that they transferred 26 positive crew members to  Vision this morning at CocoCay, before they let Odyssey come dock. I did see a crew member with a list, and a stack of passports and vac cards. 

Will see if we have a new waitstaff.   I hope not. Most of the crew have been wearing KN95 masks or double masks. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Every ship that Royal send out of Florida has a chance right now of stopping at Coco Cay, no ship is a safe bet of not going there at one time or another on your cruise.

I will be sailing on Anthem out of Cape Liberty, NJ leaving Jan 9th with 2nd leg starting Jan 20th.   Fingers and toes crossed.     We are about a 2 hr drive to port - happy we don't have to fly anywhere. 

So far (knock on wood) Anthem has been sailing with a few cases popping up of crew and passengers nothing like the problems some of the other ships are experiencing.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

For 22 days onboard you might want to  become friends with some of the crew members onboard and when they off load in Coco Cay you can blend in and spend your quarantine on the island.

LOL!

DH has a shirt and a hat that gets him mistaken for staff. People have asked directions, tried to give him dirty towels to carry, asked for water, drinks, when he will make their room and what not! I always get a really good laugh out of it! At times when getting off the ship, he has been asked to step into the crew line by security staff. It is hilarious!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks really pretty but I am glad that we didn't get anything here.    Looks like it is staying south/southeast of my area.   

None here either.Many people on CC know me for my no snow dance that I would do on cruise ships leaving from the east coast in winter months.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

None here either.Many people on CC know me for my no snow dance that I would do on cruise ships leaving from the east coast in winter months.

Sound familiar Lenny!😁I thought it was a chant. Please devise one for covid too.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I will be sailing on Anthem out of Cape Liberty, NJ leaving Jan 9th with 2nd leg starting Jan 20th.   Fingers and toes crossed.     We are about a 2 hr drive to port - happy we don't have to fly anywhere. 

So far (knock on wood) Anthem has been sailing with a few cases popping up of crew and passengers nothing like the problems some of the other ships are experiencing.  

A friend of mine and his wife were on the December 12 Anthem cruise out of Cape Liberty.He said there was only one person on the ship who got Covid and on the last sea day.He and his wife and another couple who were on the cruise with them enjoyed the cruise .

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

A friend of mine and his wife were on the December 12 Anthem cruise out of Cape Liberty.He said there was only one person on the ship who got Covid and on the last sea day.He and his wife and another couple who were on the cruise with them enjoyed the cruise .

That is Great to hear some positive information.   Thank you.

I hear the current New Years Eve 9 night sailing has less than 2400 people onboard (someone thought around 2000 passengers) and I suspect our sailing will have less since we are not a holiday sailing and I expect hardly any kids since they should be back to school this week.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Sound familiar Lenny!😁I thought it was a chant. Please devise one for covid too.

The chant is prior to the cruise for the people on the roll call thread whereas the dance is on the ship at Sailaway.I just posted to Debbie about one of my friends who was on the Anthem last month . He said that everyone adhered to the Covid safety regulations.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

She heard doors opening up and peeked out the door.  She shared that on the thead as I recall.

Here's a theory. The staff told passengers to place their trash outside at a set time. 

That's a better explanation than your example😉🤣

John is  24 hours acceptable for leaving trash outside the quarantine cabins? this is from another passenger's on how things unfolded.

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

That is Great to hear some positive information.   Thank you.

I hear the current New Years Eve 9 night sailing has less than 2400 people onboard (someone thought around 2000 passengers) and I suspect our sailing will have less since we are not a holiday sailing and I expect hardly any kids since they should be back to school this week.

My friend said they were at about 60% capacity and that tables in the Windjammer and other dining venues were pushed apart .

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Can you do the no snow dance this weekend when we leave?

I just realized that you and Arzeena will be on the same cruise .Have you ever met her on a previous cruise?

Toby and I were on several cruises with her and her husband.They are very nice people.

• Like 1