Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

51 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

AP news bulletin lists 8 NCL ships cancelled cruises, some as late as April sailing dates.

There is a list someone posted.    I think 5 out of the 8 are sailings for Alaska, Hawaii and the Med that they pushed back and the other 3 are being delayed anywhere from 5 to 10 days to give time for their crew to get healthy.    They don't have "ghost ships" like royal and carnival are doing for crew to quarantine.    

There are 1,532 C&A members on our sailing, out of the 2,950 remaining after leaving 10 behind in Nassau.  Family of 8 and 2 in an ambulance. 

Gold = 801

Platinum = 255

Emerald = 117

Diamond = 195

D+ = 126

Pins = 37

As of today (Wednesday 1/5) we have a passenger positive Covid rate of 0.5%, or about 15 passengers.  

The ship has been going full speed ahead.  Instead of getting to St. Martin at 2 pm tomorrow, captain expects to get us there by 10:30am. 

And did someone say something about posting food pictures at night?

Beef short rib that was oh, so tender. 

D9472DFD-A581-43D2-A57E-D852A385740E.thumb.jpeg.e19d48d2128128cdf99998edc87af1de.jpeg

Off to Music Hall for a while, then to the comedy club.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Btw, I like your home gym.  Eric has been looking at buying a rowing machine.  He was rower during high school and college days at Penn and was highly involved until a few years ago when he had health issues.

My niece who has Covid is a graduate of Penn😀

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have a bunch of movie posters in the finished basement area that was our boys hang out while growing up.  I used to have a life size stand up for the movie Oceans 11.  Loved seeing Brad Pitt and George Clooney everytime I went down to do laundry.🤩

My friends who had the Poster store on LBI had many movie posters .They gave me several as gifts over the years and I bought some.We have several framed .

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We found a duck on Anthem December 2019.  I was so excited and people were staring at me like I was crazy(well, they probably were right)!

When we left the last port on the December 2019 cruise there was a bird on the ship.It looked like a sparrow and it stayed on board for a while.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

so cool.  Such a nice thing for the child.  One of our cruises I celebrated my birthday and our favorite waiter brought me a whole birthday cake.  A big one!  We were only three at dinner but a two year old was next to us and kept eyeing the cake.  We gave them most of the cake and you would think it was the greatest thing ever😁

We did a family cruise for my 70th.birthday .My son in law Eric arranged for a cake to be brought to our table at dinner.It was a rather large cake and quite tasty.The only thing wrong was that the greeting on the cake was Happy Birthday Eric which is what the Waiters sang to me.

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

We did a family cruise for my 70th.birthday .My son in law Eric arranged for a cake to be brought to our table at dinner.It was a rather large cake and quite tasty.The only thing wrong was that the greeting on the cake was Happy Birthday Eric which is what the Waiters sang to me.

They got part of it right. You both have an "E" in your name.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My friends who had the Poster store on LBI had many movie posters .They gave me several as gifts over the years and I bought some.We have several framed .

What a treasure trove your friend’s store would have been (I assume it no longer exists?).  Have always loved movie posters.  When I was in my teens I had movie posters on my walls from Casablanca & To Have and Have Not & others of that era.

8 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

What a treasure trove your friend’s store would have been (I assume it no longer exists?).  Have always loved movie posters.  When I was in my teens I had movie posters on my walls from Casablanca & To Have and Have Not & others of that era.

The store closed about 30 years ago.
Many years ago a NYC newspaper had a contest .They asked if Casablanca was to be recast who would we choose for the Bogart and Bergman roles.I came in Second place with my choices of Howard Stern and Meryl Streep.My prize was a Gold edition of the movie . I never opened it and I still have it.I also have the story about the contest in the newspaper.

• Like 3