Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Wow, I'm in awe, anything over 10,000 steps I'm happy with 

How do you get so many steps in, do you walk for hours around the decks, use the gym ?

Haven’t been in the gym. We start out our morning with a 5 mile walk around the outdoor track.  The rest is around the ship during the day, or on land during port days.  

I like the track on deck 5 on Oasis class, because it goes all the way around, and is protected from the wind. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

How was my day today you ask ?

I was in a doctors office ,lost my balance and started to fall.

24 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

Glad you didn't hit your head.  Hope your day was better after that.

12 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank goodness you were able to break your fall, Lenny!  Be careful!

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Oh Lenny😳

+ 4 ,  so sorry. Glad you're OK.

• Like 3

When someone receives obc because of a price drop does it show up in the cruise planner or in an updated invoice? Several cruises dropped in price after final payment so I called. He said the updated invoice wouldn’t show it and I checked the cruise planner and that also doesn’t show it. How do I have proof that there will be obc?

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I understand where he is coming from. I spent the last five years doing various knee injections and waffling about getting replacement done. For me the bottom line was being able to really enjoy myself on a cruise because of all the walking. I am going with the robotic self assist method in that it is less invasive and most patients report faster recovery time. My good friend and coworker just had it done with the doc I will be using and he is able to walk without using a cane and reports no knee pain in the joint except for stiffness and soreness around the incision. He had his surgery in late November. I'll report here how it goes for me but I would encourage your husband to go ahead and do it. Plan a cruise 3-6 months after knee replacement and I think you will be good.

I want to thank everyone for their helpful suggestions .  To the stairclimber and 5 mile walker , I’m admire your stamina .  To George C , my husband has limitations in what he can take because of his heart . Will check it out .   Dani , always appreciate your insight.   

Greg ,  I am looking forward to hearing about your surgery.  Wishing for you a quick recovery .  Robotic surgery is the way to go .  I had my appendix removed at 11:00 PM and walked out at 11:00 AM the next day thanks to the Da Vinci robot.  

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was in a doctors office,lost my balance and started to fall.I reached out to the receptionists desk.Had I not been able to break my fall I would have gone head first into the table.My doctor ran out of his office and helped me get into the exam room.I am fine but everyone working there was very scared.

Please be careful, Lenny. We don’t want you hurt!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

When someone receives obc because of a price drop does it show up in the cruise planner or in an updated invoice? Several cruises dropped in price after final payment so I called. He said the updated invoice wouldn’t show it and I checked the cruise planner and that also doesn’t show it. How do I have proof that there will be obc?

I'm not expert, but common sense says it should appear on your invoice.

One advice I keep reading on the general boards is that every time there is a change in the total payment, you stay in line with RC/X until the new, updated invoice is in your email and you've checked the "facts".

Moreover, "we" know that if "we" don't get the answer we're hoping for, call again and get another representative...

23 minutes ago, NHProud said:

thanks to the Da Vinci robot.  

Another vote for the Da Vinci robot. "He" literally saved my DH's life, along with the excellent surgeon.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Nearly every one that I have done shows up instantly on both the invoice nd the cruise planner.  Dome where the cruise had been special fared the OBC had to be manually added and took a bit of time. 

If it appears on your invoice it will be on your cruise planner. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was in a doctors office,lost my balance and started to fall.I reached out to the receptionists desk.Had I not been able to break my fall I would have gone head first into the table.My doctor ran out of his office and helped me get into the exam room.I am fine but everyone working there was very scared.

Sorry to hear you lost your Balance but fortunately narrowly missed a serious injury today in the doctors surgery Lenny.

Graham.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I was told that if it is before the final payment (the new FP 30 days ) there will be a credit on the card. Got that within a week or two. If after FP,  then an OBC.

• Like 1