Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

55 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you.  I will look up now and bookmark it to try.🤩

I always prefer warm sandwiches.

I've made a lot of her recipes. All gave been excellent.

To bake:

Lightly butter outside of bread slices. Bake in a jelly roll pan at 350 for 20 minutes; flip and bake another 15. No need to grease pan as the butter sides will prevent sticking.

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
Clarification

40 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Update on cat food.  I went to pet supplies plus and they had limited supply of their own brand but no fancy feast.  So I bought some and they said if my cats dont like I can return unopened cans, next I tried Targggete (aka Target) no luck then I went to Walmart, a store I usually avoid, and found some of their favorites and bought a bunch of them.  Had to leave some for other kitties.

If the cats like the pet store brand and what I got at walmart I should have enough for 2 weeks.  

Vet doesn't want me giving them hard food but I grabbed a small bag just in case.  

Cat food is hard to get, Our cats eat mostly Friskies which my Wife orders from  Chewy.com, but lately they are out of stock.

She sent me out looking for cat food couple weeks ago. Walmart has next to nothing. Did have some luck at Tractor Supply, Rural King and at Pet Smart.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

I never had the nerve to dive in. The water looked.......very murky. I did have some success crabbing. Another reason I never dived in.  Not sure what was in there. lol

Exactly why his Mom always yelled, wasnt water I would want to swim in either.  Plus she didnt like boat traffic and not knowing when someone may come or go.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I'm not sure if I'm seeing it right but it almost looked like each house was right on it's own beach? Must be terrible though when a storm blows in there and the tide rises. Maybe all the houses are built up on pilings.

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes it does look like they have their own beach area.  I wonder how hot it gets and if they have any ocean breeze.  Hard to tell if built on pilings.

I do see a small staircase to the beach in front of each home. Doesn't see pilings pilings but a small seawall so the houses are raised up from the beach. Hard to tell how high.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Cat food is hard to get, Our cats eat mostly Friskies which my Wife orders from  Chewy.com, but lately they are out of stock.

She sent me out looking for cat food couple weeks ago. Walmart has next to nothing. Did have some luck at Tractor Supply, Rural King and at Pet Smart.

Seems like it is hit and miss.  I usually do chewy auto ship to come every 5 or 6 weeks.  Then grab a couple cans at food store.    Guess I'll check out some other places this week as people at stores are saying it is only going to get worse.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I do see a small staircase to the beach in front of each home. Doesn't see pilings pilings but a small seawall so the houses are raised up from the beach. Hard to tell thow high.

That is the back of the houses isn't it or do the houses face the street in between the houses? Weird set up?

Edited by Jimbo

8 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Can you add some broth to make it softer?

That might work.

Eva isnt allowed hard food because she has a history of UTIs

Sparky gets upset stomach and occassion runs if he eats too much hard food.  

I havent tried mixing with broth but will try if we get desperate and have to eat it.

Edited by Sunshine3601

28 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's  exactly what I was trying to say but wasnt sure how to type with french accent🤪

I'm getting tired of supply chain issues, is it ever going to end.  We go thru cycles it seems.  

I see French target is not unique😀. Took 9 months to get our two sofas last year.  That was epic.  At least our supermarkets are fully stocked again after a few weeks of no meat/chicken 

• Like 2

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

That might work.

Eva isnt allowed hard food because she has a history of UTIs

Sparky gets upset stomach and occassion runs if he eats too much hard food.  

I havent tried missing with broth but will try if we get desperate and have to eat it.

tmi

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I see French target is not unique😀. Took 9 months to get our two sofas last year.  That was epic.  At least our supermarkets are fully stocked again after a few weeks of no meat/chicken 

Life is tough..........took us 7 months to get our Hot Tub. !😂

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That is the back of the houses isn't it or do the houses face the street in between the houses? Weird set up?

You are correct, it's the back of the house. I'm not really paying attention to what I'm writing as I have one eye on the game.  Watching on tape-delay so no spoilers, please. Coming up on half-time show.

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

You are correct, it's the back of the house. I'm not really paying attention to what I'm writing as I have one eye on the game.  Watching on tape-delay so no spoilers, please. Coming up on half-time show.

watching too, all I will say is there are 3 minutes and 35 seconds to go. 🙂

Half Time show sucked !!

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Half time? There are about 2 minutes left in the game.

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I just checked a different website and it looks like the front of the houses face the water.  

I dont see any pilings so maybe the water is calm there.

Here is a link for a rental, if you click website you will get up close photos of inside and outside of the home.

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-sprint-us-revc&source=android-browser&q=homes+near+The+Palm+in+Dubai#trex=m_t:lcl_akp,rc_f:rln,rc_ludocids:4975945634536541588,ru_gwp:0%2C7,ru_lqi:Chxob21lcyBuZWFyIFRoZSBQYWxtIGluIER1YmFpkgEFdmlsbGGqAQ0QASoJIgVob21lcygA,trex_id:dSK0Pe

This home rents for about $10,000 a week in USD.  Saw another one for sale for $2.2 mil.   Similiar to some homes on our coast line.  Some have swimming pools.  Most of them are right on top of their neighbor, prime real estate.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I watched part of half time and am not a hip-hop fan.  I had no idea Eminem was still popular.  Goes to show how much I know

I never watch the half time shows because to me hip hop is not music and many of the performers belong somewhere other than on a stage.If you do not know what I am referring to just Google them.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just checked a different website and it looks like the front of the houses face the water.  

I dont see any pilings so maybe the water is calm there.

Here is a link for a rental, if you click website you will get up close photos of inside and outside of the home.

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-sprint-us-revc&source=android-browser&q=homes+near+The+Palm+in+Dubai#trex=m_t:lcl_akp,rc_f:rln,rc_ludocids:4975945634536541588,ru_gwp:0%2C7,ru_lqi:Chxob21lcyBuZWFyIFRoZSBQYWxtIGluIER1YmFpkgEFdmlsbGGqAQ0QASoJIgVob21lcygA,trex_id:dSK0Pe

This home rents for about $10,000 a week in USD.  Saw another one for sale for $2.2 mil.   Similiar to some homes on our coast line.  Some have swimming pools.  Most of them are right on top of their neighbor, prime real estate.

I still can't tell which is the front or the back..... I'm not sure I'm looking at the right listing.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

This was the first Super Bowl I watched since 2007 .I was on a cruise when Philadelphia won a few years ago and watched a portion of the game.

The only reason why I watched tonight is because one of the Coaches on the team I rooted for played for Canarsie HS in Brooklyn and I went to watch him and the team many times.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

watching too, all I will say is there are 3 minutes and 35 seconds to go. 🙂

Half Time show sucked !!

Not a fan of West Coast hip-hop? I'm assuming it was West Coast since the game is in LA. i don't know the difference between West Coast & East Coast hip hop. I'll have to phone my nephews & nieces. 😉

It was ok, nothing special. I've seen better. I will say I think Snoop Dogg is the coolest dude this side of Ray Charles.

48 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Half time? There are about 2 minutes left in the game.

I was watching on DVR-delay. That way, I can fast forward thru the boring parts. I can watch a 3 hour game in 15 minutes.

46 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm not very impressed we with the commercials either.

I fast forwarded thru those as well. I'll wait until the reviews are in tomorrow & watch them on YouTube.  It's not like the old days when people would watch the Super Bowl just for the commercials.

35 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We thought it was the worst half time show ever

Totally agree....I hate any sort of rap or whatever type of "music" you'd call that.  The 2nd half of the game wasn't a whole lot better either .. Zzzzzzzz    

B O R I N G!!!  With 1.30 left and two timeouts, Brady could have easily pulled that out - no reason the Bengals shouldn't have taken the team down the field at least to field goal range. Burrow sacked, what, 8 times? And basically their last play of  the game was also a sack. Pretty pathetic 2nd half for the most part. Neither team looked like super bowl caliber tonight. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

I liked the commercial with Arnold playing Zeus, but there were not a lot of really funny ones. I didn't like the half time show at all. And I thought the game was kind of boring, and that the Bengals actually had more interesting plays. :classic_smile:

• Like 6