Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

45 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We need to be careful with sexual assault charges.  If he's guilty...well I'm probably not allowed to say here what I think should be done to him.  Sharp instruments would be involved.  It's way too easy these days though to simply accuse someone in the hopes of getting some sort of financial settlement to make the charges go away.  Just the accusation of sexual assault, founded or not, can ruin a man's reputation.  Innocent until proven guilty.

I know, but I was pretty amazed to think he is some sort of cool at all.  I mean he seems pretty harmless to me, but I thought that of Bill Cosby, and I actually thought he was cool when I was growing up.  I can’t tell you how many times I listened to his comedy albums when I was a kid.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

Wasn’t Snoop just charged with sexual assault and battery?  Don’t remember any similar Ray Charles stories. 

That I did not know.  Be interesting to see if this is going to open a flood gate of allegations ala Bill Crosby.

Not saying Ray did anything wrong but he lived in a different era where stories never surfaced. In today's day and age, I'm certain most of the Rat Pack and half of MLB players from the 50's & 60's would be in jail or facing similar legal issues.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We need to be careful with sexual assault charges.  If he's guilty...well I'm probably not allowed to say here what I think should be done to him.  Sharp instruments would be involved.  It's way too easy these days though to simply accuse someone in the hopes of getting some sort of financial settlement to make the charges go away.  Just the accusation of sexual assault, founded or not, can ruin a man's reputation.  Innocent until proven guilty.

Agreed with all you wrote.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

They weren’t actual cars from the tiny bit I noticed them.  Movie set dance platforms that didn’t move, blink or do anything.  

There were 3 full sized low riders, like in some of the videos back in the days. If they were “props” like Grease on Harmony, these ones were full scale. When I look at the front wheel gap in this photo below the hydros are in full extension, if they have hydros.

That all being said, I’d be pissed if I leased/rented my car to the Super Bowl to be danced upon. I suspect the NFL bought three cheap cars and turned them into full sized props to be discarded today.  The only thing they did was strengthened hoods for the dance routine.

They may have been driven into the stadium under their own power, but I highly doubt they are driving the Pacific Coastal Highway today.   They also weren’t classic 66 Impalas either, just large convertibles. 

Just my thoughts. 

267DB093-4DE9-4941-AD22-EED83832AB82.thumb.jpeg.25d164d08590b0c1e13a7377d1d6fc99.jpeg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm just not a fan of that music.

So many of the half time shows were entertaining; Beyonce, Destiny's Child, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry among others.  And let's not forget JLo and Shakira's adult half time performance 😉

This was the 1st total hip hop half time show.  I hope it's the last.

I guess we do not like the same music.I have no interest in any of the above.😀

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Not a fan of West Coast hip-hop? I'm assuming it was West Coast since the game is in LA. i don't know the difference between West Coast & East Coast hip hop. I'll have to phone my nephews & nieces. 😉

It was ok, nothing special. I've seen better. I will say I think Snoop Dogg is the coolest dude this side of Ray Charles.

I was watching on DVR-delay. That way, I can fast forward thru the boring parts. I can watch a 3 hour game in 15 minutes.

I fast forwarded thru those as well. I'll wait until the reviews are in tomorrow & watch them on YouTube.  It's not like the old days when people would watch the Super Bowl just for the commercials.

Many years ago I worked for a company that owned the 20 story office building that I worked in.A record label occupied the 20th.floor,I worked on the 17th.I met the employees of the company in the lone elevator every day and became friendly with them.One day I was invited to their Christmas party.They told me that people who recorded on their label would be there as well as other Artists.I met many people that night such as Coolio,Snoop Dog and Lauren Hill.I had interesting conversations with them.However,that did not change my mind about Hip Hop and Rap .

I might suggest that you Google Snoop Dog.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

It was. Surely not one of the best I've ever seen. Rams got robbed on the Bengals' one play that led to a score. The receiver definitely grabbed the Rams' player's helmet, but it wasn't called. However,  the Bengals got robbed on the one holding call that led to one of (what..three?) consecutive 1st and goals towards the end. I didn't see any holding, nor did the commentators. 

Just...not a real good game. 

This was only the second Super Bowl that I watched from beginning to end.I am and never was into pro football.One of my son in laws was in a pool and he arranged for me to be included.I paid $40 and won $150.00.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

There were 3 full sized low riders, like in some of the videos back in the days. If they were “props” like Grease on Harmony, these ones were full scale. When I look at the front wheel gap in this photo below the hydros are in full extension, if they have hydros.

That all being said, I’d be pissed if I leased/rented my car to the Super Bowl to be danced upon. I suspect the NFL bought three cheap cars and turned them into full sized props to be discarded today.  The only thing they did was strengthened hoods for the dance routine.

They may have been driven into the stadium under their own power, but I highly doubt they are driving the Pacific Coastal Highway today.   They also weren’t classic 66 Impalas either, just large convertibles. 

Just my thoughts. 

267DB093-4DE9-4941-AD22-EED83832AB82.thumb.jpeg.25d164d08590b0c1e13a7377d1d6fc99.jpeg

My guilty honest reaction to it was I dozed off in the middle of it, so I don’t think I ever saw that shot.  The only shots of the cars I saw that I remembered were shot from a higher angle.  Definitely didn’t see field level shots.  I did wake up for the 3rd quarter and finished the game, Krystal missed everything after the start of the halftime show!  Yes, I am old and boring.  Rodrhi watched the the Rams playing until a commercial then he lost interest and slept on the sofa beside me until the game was over.  😆

Edited by xpcdoojk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

My kids loved the half time show and I've seen a lot of younger people saying it was the best half time show ever.  Wouldn't even make my top 10, but's that's because I only recognized one song (Eminem's) and couldn't understand half the music.  I did appreciate the staging and production value though.  There were probably many in the stadium like me, but the hip-hop culture perfectly fits with many of the players also (both black and white players).  Social media has videos of the Bengals kicker, Evan McPherson, staying on the sidelines at halftime to watch the show.

Snoop is either a genius or he had a publicist who is a genius.  He has been able to cross over to mainstream areas like Corona ads and partnerships with Martha Stewart that are highly successful.  Everyone seems to love him.  Definitely has that cool factor.

A genius,he is not.He has excellent representation.I posted earlier about being at a party with him and others who think they can sing.One guy who really amazed me was Coolio.He was very articulate and through the course of conversation I found out that he is a college graduate.

He does not want his fans to see him as such.I was very blunt.I told him not to be ashamed to show his intelligence.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I paid $40 and won $150.00.

Great!  You picked the right team. What I don't think is fair in the case of this year and last, is that the game is held in a participating team's home stadium. I realize these venues are chosen probably years in advance, but still....home field advantage. 

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Many people commit murder and get away with it because they have great legal representation and or know people who can do things for them that cannot be done for people like us.

The last time I posted this it was removed and so was I.

A friend of mine was murdered many years ago.There were 2 eye witnesses to the crime .Those responsible never spent a day in prison because of their connections.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

I know, but I was pretty amazed to think he is some sort of cool at all.  I mean he seems pretty harmless to me, but I thought that of Bill Cosby, and I actually thought he was cool when I was growing up.  I can’t tell you how many times I listened to his comedy albums when I was a kid.  

I contributed to the making of a Basketball Documentary.The film maker was able to get Bill Cosby to be part of it .That was in 2011.It was a film about a Hall of Fame pro basketball player.At the time getting Cosby seemed a great addition.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Great!  You picked the right team. What I don't think is fair in the case of this year and last, is that the game is held in a participating team's home stadium. I realize these venues are chosen probably years in advance, but still....home field advantage. 

I think that the games should be in a totally neutral site.Perhaps a city that has no pro teams.

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I think that the games should be in a totally neutral site.Perhaps a city that has no pro teams.

Chances are, if a city doesn’t have a pro team, then they probably do not have a large enough stadium to host the event.  I’m sure there are probably a few stadiums out there that may (college level perhaps) I just don’t know since I have never followed any sports.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I dozed off in the middle of it,

😂 After I read this I thought I remembered falling asleep. I asked Sharon and she informed me I slept though most of the first half!  She said she woke me up right before the first half was over.  I am glad she woke me up in time to watch the kids dance.  I did think the first minute of the second half was good.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Chances are, if a city doesn’t have a pro team, then they probably do not have a large enough stadium to host the event.  I’m sure there are probably a few stadiums out there that may (college level perhaps) I just don’t know since I have never followed any sports.  

Just have it in Detroit every year.  No chance of the Lions being in the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just my thoughts. 

I just assumed those were props with very few mechanical parts, with just enough power to get the car to wheel itself onto the field. For all we know, it could be a golf cart engine under the hood, sitting on a Toyota chassis. 

Or "stunt car"  that were cobbled together from spare parts from a junk yard or re-manufactured parts.  It's probably an urban myth but I remember reading that there were more 1969 Dodge Charges destroyed in "Dukes of Hazzards" stunts then actually existed.   Some of the cars used in the stunts weren't actual Chargers but others fakes to look like it.

EDIT: Thanks to my good friend Google, I found out that 300 Dodge Chargers, aka General Lee, were destroyed during the filming of the show. When supplies ran low, they started to use other model years & modifying the car to look like a 1969. When those ran low, they started to use AMC Ambassadors for the stunts. A car so obscure that A) I had know idea what they looked like or even existed and B) pretty quickly, supplies of those ran low as well, so towards the end of the show, producers were forced to use miniature, radio-controlled cars for stunts!

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2