Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I figure since I am using my phone as a camera more and more I would take advantage of the new low price and get it for our b2b leaving next Sunday.

I was intrigued by the samsung Z (?) Phone that folds.   That was selling for $700 but is heavy and I was leary of that concept

You will love the camera.  There are several options so you might want to play around with it before you go.  One feature you will like is the movable button.  They have a second button you can move anywhere on the screen to make it easier to shoot.  There are a few functions of the main button too like sliding it to take multiple pics.  Also if you hold it down it down it will switch to video mode.  It would be nice to watch a couple YouTube videos.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Sea DogGreg, how is your pain management coming along?  Better, I hope!

Finally got off the pain meds. Last Wednesday was the last time I took Tramadol. Problem is now is sleeping at night with soreness and restless leg syndrome which from reading is common. I’m taking Tylenol to help with the discomfort but still having a tough time. I tried some Tylenol PM but it made feel to drugged out. Today will be the first time I will drive myself to therapy without Linda. Making progress but I’m at that stiffness, soreness and numbness stage still in the knee.

• Like 15

I was awake early this morning, because I forgot to take the flight, originally scheduled for this morning, off my calendar.  

5C154D51-00F7-407A-87CD-7BFAD9F734D2.thumb.jpeg.67bcda8dfea74491855bba46d2a36568.jpeg

We are still snacking on Royal Caribbean cookies. 

E2914C57-3E1E-4C92-AE4D-A547BD83AD0B.thumb.jpeg.8f8ff5bb9b6d8708a9763dbb13fb10d3.jpeg

Today at the beach, it is windy and cloudy. 

885BE885-6CB9-4550-848E-2B7F7EB50928.thumb.jpeg.b60464ac3cbc6747bd97664dd151bd13.jpeg

BABB9F96-DD4F-47AF-A7C9-B9B2D326CE90.thumb.jpeg.00e9c6bb307a4d993dbcb2c1b063386c.jpeg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm pretty happy with the low light pictures that my S8 takes, as long as I don't use any zoom in, so I'm pretty sure that any of the S21-22 line cameras will suit me fine. I have actually read that when you use low light mode it tends to lighten up the picture too much. I'm looking forward to olaying around with it.

With the S8 your zoom was probably digital. Digital zoom usually adds noise in low light.  What you will like with the S22 is one of the lenses will be a 3x optical zoom which will handle noise much better.  Also you will have an option to set it on pro mode.  This allows you to see on screen adjustments made to the EV settings etc.  This is much better than low light mode or night mode.  I liked the pro setting when taking pics at the shows.  I believe you will really appreciate the S22.  The video is good too.  To take full advantage of the settings it wouldn’t hurt to watch a couple YouTubes on the camera settings.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

With the S8 your zoom was probably digital. Digital zoom usually adds noise in low light.  What you will like with the S22 is one of the lenses will be a 3x optical zoom which will handle noise much better.  Also you will have an option to set it on pro mode.  This allows you to see on screen adjustments made to the EV settings etc.  This is much better than low light mode or night mode.  I liked the pro setting when taking pics at the shows.  I believe you will really appreciate the S22.  The video is good too.  To take full advantage of the settings it wouldn’t hurt to watch a couple YouTubes on the camera settings.  

I have already found a couple of youtube videos on the subject. Just waiting for an undistracted time to watch them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You will love the camera.  There are several options so you might want to play around with it before you go.  One feature you will like is the movable button.  They have a second button you can move anywhere on the screen to make it easier to shoot.  There are a few functions of the main button too like sliding it to take multiple pics.  Also if you hold it down it down it will switch to video mode.  It would be nice to watch a couple YouTube videos.

I don't usually use the button. I hope the new phone recognizes voice commands to shoot the picture like my S8 does.

15 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@lenquixote66 I am a fan of Gillian Andersen so wish I could watch The Fall.  I watched 2 episodes and decided it was too dark for me. I have only heard good  things about it though.

It is excellent .I never previously heard of the lead actor before.Now I plan to watch every film he has ever been in ,including his lead role in Belfast.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NHProud said:

Beautiful photos and family !  You look gorgeous

Make that four .

15 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy early birthday.  Beautiful family!  I think your sweet grandkids look like you! I especially love the glow on all your faces.

9 hours ago, sgmn said:

Happy Birthday for later this month Deb, beautiful photos,  grandchildren are wonderful.  Looks like a great evening 

@Momof3gurlzDeb,

Make that five, and joining in with all the other wishes and congratulations 💐

Virtual posy from DH and me, pics taken this morning in a neighboring stroll

_DSC4969.jpg2.thumb.jpg.b0cd401ea94a9d83b3d37875fdca55fd.jpg

_DSC4972.jpg2.jpg2.thumb.jpg.e008a9f7b6b7f68123cc1ec3ff0496f4.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't usually use the button. I hope the new phone recognizes voice commands to shoot the picture like my S8 does.

The S21 has the voice commands.  I would assume the S22 does too.  I really like that option.  What was funny is onetime I was trying to use the voice command but did not have that option turned on.  I probably looked mad as I am holding the phone up and kept repeating,  shoot…..shoot…. Shoot.  😂 

There is also an option to take selfies by showing your palm.  I have not tried it yet.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

_DSC4969.jpg2.thumb.jpg.b0cd401ea94a9d83b3d37875fdca55fd.jpg

_DSC4972.jpg2.jpg2.thumb.jpg.e008a9f7b6b7f68123cc1ec3ff0496f4.jpg

So pretty! Those flowers look very similar to the state flower of where I live in Texas. We call them bluebonnets. Texans look forward to the bluebonnets emerging in the spring, and we often have pictures taken when they are in bloom. 

C25_4614 2crop.jpg

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 15

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you.   We are excited to see Chris and Donna's reaction as soon as they walk onboard.

Out IT dept was in contact with Royals IT dept.  IT installed a different VPN on laptop that should hopefully work.

If not, our back up is to relax and enjoy our cruise.😃

Great attitude, Debbie!  

Chris and Donna will be blown away!!!  Enjoy!🛳️

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Finally got off the pain meds. Today will be the first time I will drive myself to therapy without Linda. Making progress but I’m at that stiffness, soreness and numbness stage still in the knee.

Sounds like you are right where you ought to be right now, Greg!  Progress is good!!!😉

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

BABB9F96-DD4F-47AF-A7C9-B9B2D326CE90.thumb.jpeg.00e9c6bb307a4d993dbcb2c1b063386c.jpeg

This picture is gorgeous!!!  What is the name of the beach?

Enjoy your time this week!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Finally got off the pain meds. Last Wednesday was the last time I took Tramadol. Problem is now is sleeping at night with soreness and restless leg syndrome which from reading is common. I’m taking Tylenol to help with the discomfort but still having a tough time. I tried some Tylenol PM but it made feel to drugged out. Today will be the first time I will drive myself to therapy without Linda. Making progress but I’m at that stiffness, soreness and numbness stage still in the knee.

I have had the traditional curse of restless legs for over 5 years.

The last two years, well, it got to be really bothersome with lack of sleep

So, I let my Dr, know and he started me on low dose "REQUIP". 

Well I take two pills a day.

One at 6pm. and one at bedtime.

If I forget to take the 6pm pill it seems the bedtime one does not work as well.

I might have a breakthru event of restless legs un-related to anything specific like 1-2 x per month, but this regimen works well for me.

It has a lot of leeway for changing the dosing requirements, and just a happy camper it works for me.

Best of luck.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Great attitude, Debbie!  

Chris and Donna will be blown away!!!  Enjoy!🛳️

Sounds like you are right where you ought to be right now, Greg!  Progress is good!!!😉

This picture is gorgeous!!!  What is the name of the beach?

Enjoy your time this week!

That is Dania Beach.  It is north of Hollywood, and a little south of the airport.  

We walked from our hotel, near 95 and Sterling Road. Once we got to the beach, we walked it and the boardwalk south to Hollywood.  The upper end of the boardwalk and beach was not busy. 

02CA24E0-E2E1-4ECE-98AE-EFE3EF71A167.thumb.jpeg.02e13f2e718368e7b577b90e1833642e.jpeg

9EB10827-3BB4-4774-9541-44DB5DE8B81B.thumb.jpeg.83adfadbd2ffa6664a69d7d827d56a57.jpeg

We eventually made it to Margaritaville, and the flow rider was in operation.  $30 for 30 minutes if anyone is interested. 

2523141F-B25E-492B-B77B-D619BE05E879.thumb.jpeg.341a262a9d19d4b62dca9dfdcbe1c8f7.jpeg

I think they downsized the Cuban sandwich and raised the price.  I remember them being much bigger. 

AA4002BB-9A2F-43A2-A583-28A97E64DBB0.thumb.jpeg.143f0629dc8fca418fe12440a013074f.jpeg

Of course, by the time we walked back toward or hotel, we had to stop at Jaxson’s for some ice cream that we missed yesterday.  My white chocolate macadamia nut was packed full of nuts.  Very good. 

3D326A63-4F78-4EF1-936A-A86EEA859750.thumb.jpeg.3babe66ba6364f13fbce76b9051efe30.jpeg

By the time we finished our loop, it came in as an even 16 mile walk. 

121025D3-1544-4FD4-BA12-ED186B03C25E.thumb.jpeg.29b91305c5d1713be2a996f1cf450501.jpeg

Time to relax in the hot tub and pool now. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 15

45 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I have had the traditional curse of restless legs for over 5 years.

The last two years, well, it got to be really bothersome with lack of sleep

So, I let my Dr, know and he started me on low dose "REQUIP". 

Well I take two pills a day.

One at 6pm. and one at bedtime.

If I forget to take the 6pm pill it seems the bedtime one does not work as well.

I might have a breakthru event of restless legs un-related to anything specific like 1-2 x per month, but this regimen works well for me.

It has a lot of leeway for changing the dosing requirements, and just a happy camper it works for me.

Best of luck.

Thanks I will look into that. My research is showing that it is common for people who had knee replacement surgery to have RLS due to the nerves being cut in the leg. Weird thing is that I have experienced this occasionally even before my surgery. I will look into a variety of treatments. So hard to sleep right now and even sitting on the coach it is bothering me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Curious if you will be watching the the below deck franchise series “Below Deck Down Under” which should debut next week on Peacock App? I’m interested in seeing Australia in all her glory.

Didnt know it existed.  Will look out for it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks I will look into that. My research is showing that it is common for people who had knee replacement surgery to have RLS due to the nerves being cut in the leg. Weird thing is that I have experienced this occasionally even before my surgery. I will look into a variety of treatments. So hard to sleep right now and even sitting on the coach it is bothering me.

I use a homeopathic remedy  a pharmacist recommended years ago. 
The maker is Hyland’s, and most pharmacies have it. 
The name on the bottle is “Restless Legs”!!! It works got me. 

After falling because of leg cramps a couple of times, I started taking Hyland’s “Leg Cramps” when I feel the muscles start to tighten. 
I’m not a supplement or natural remedy fan, but I am a believer in these two. 
I showed them to my primary doctor a couple of years ago and  he said he takes the Leg Cramps one himself. 
I thought I had something brand new at the time!

I’m glad you’re done with the super pain meds. The time really will come when you can forget the pain. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thank you for these tips.    I have not played with the camera or the settings yet but will definitely check out this week.   I just ordered a new case and screen protector.

• Like 1