Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Need to study your deck plans a little closer. 😉

Surprised your agent didn't mention that to you.

It was a take it or leave super deal. Only a handful of OS's, so I never thought to see if I could switch it

• Like 3

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Well, the curse of being next door to a 2 bedroom family suite has proven accurate once again.

Laura was woken from a peaceful slumber on her balcony by a group of screaming toddlers on their balcony next door. I believe she's plotting her revenge for tonight

Surprised I didn't notice it.

I had that cabin in January and until I read you post did not know that it was next to the 2 bedroom family suite.  That said I had kids next to me and also running around in the cabin above me as well.  My May OS is on deck 11

Edited by molly361
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Busy getting ready for our cruise on Anthem this Sunday. E-med tests due to arrive tonight and we have backup appointments at Walgreens Friday afternoon.  We’re all checked in with passport & vax info uploaded to the app, along with Set Sail passes in the app.  We’ll also have printed copies of everything.  
I do need some advice regarding internet, phone and the app while on the ship.  We’ve never purchased any type of ship internet, just always relied on an international day plan for our phones, to use as needed.  We both have fairly new iPhones with service thru AT&T.  This trip, on Andy’s phone we would like to have internet, email access and texting to/from the kids.  Is Voom what we need?  For my phone, I’d like to just be able to use the camera.  So my phone should be put in airplane mode?  If I do this, will I be able to use the Royal app on the ship? Or do we need to purchase Voom for both devices?

Sorry for all the dumb questions but when it comes to this stuff, I am dumb LOL.  

No such thing as dumb questions.

#1. Both your phones should be placed in airplane mode, then Wi-Fi turned on

#2. You do not need the internet to use the app onboard, nor to use your camera.

#3. For internet, email, and texting, you would need VOOM. By the way, you can both share one voom, but only one can be logged in at a time.  That is what we usually do.

#4. Depending on what you want to do will determine what plan you want (surf or surf and stream). Surf is the lower speed, so if you are sending or uploading video, or streaming video, that may not work with just Surf.  Sending texts or iMessages and reading email work okay with Surf.  Loading some web pages may be painfully slow with Surf.

#5. On some ships, we have found that iMessage works with only the free Wi-Fi that is used by the Royal app.  That has been hit or miss for us.

• Like 2

Lots of people from across the pond onboard our sailing. I do believe from the clapping and hollering when asked "Are there any people from such n such a place" that we have been outnumbered by Canadians and the British. 

Ship is quite empty. Was told 900 on this sailing. Another person said 1200. Definitely no lines, no elevator waits. Masks are optional, we are wearing them inside when surrounded by people and in theater. I am not ready to abandon them totally. 

• Like 6

Not a great day on the Odyssey today. Captain announced we will be getting into Aruba tonight instead to tomorrow morning. There’s a person that needs more medical help than the ship can give them. 😢 Hope they report a good out come, but I know they usually don’t announce that kind of info. 🤞🏻 Trying to catch up, but I’m on page 2120. 🙀  We saw the Book last October and I didn’t think much of it. Mike was going to see it again so I decided to tag along. Hope I don’t regret it. Maybe I’ll have a different perspective of it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

@Ocean Boy Mike will be on the cruise on the 22nd. 🍹

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 8

What timing. The Captain just announced that the authorities said people can get off the ship tonight instead of waiting until tomorrow. Originally they said no. Not sure we will get off. He also said Carnival has a ship in the berth and will be leaving about time we get in. Hopefully the ship will be gone and we won’t have to wait.

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Not a great day on the Odyssey today. Captain announced we will be getting into Aruba tonight instead to tomorrow morning. There’s a person that needs more medical help than the ship can give them. 😢 Hope they report a good out come, but I know they usually don’t announce that kind of info. 🤞🏻 Trying to catch up, but I’m on page 2120. 🙀  We saw the Book last October and I didn’t think much of it. Mike was going to see it again so I decided to tag along. Hope I don’t regret it. Maybe I’ll have a different perspective of it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

@Ocean Boy Mike will be on the cruise on the 22nd. 🍹

Based on everyone's review of The Book, I didn't try to understand it, rather I just enjoyed the talent of the cast!  Hope your passenger gets the help they need too!

• Like 5

On 3/17/2022 at 11:12 AM, jagsfan said:

I think yours is by far the better choice. 
It is elegant!

Thanks.

On 3/20/2022 at 12:12 PM, Sea Dog said:

Women are going to fall in love with the new  Captain Jason Chambers. He is very good looking and seems to be a great guy. As a Captain  he’s not afraid to do things most Captains would let the crew do.  He’s very hands on and I was even pleased that when the crew went out he would join them for awhile.

I had to look and he isn’t bad on the eyes. 😊

On 3/21/2022 at 3:55 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

…Btw, it’s a Vitamix 5300. If you had a bad experience with one just let me find out in a few days.  ..

I had a Vita-Mix for 25+ years. Darn thing just wouldn’t die and it had a lot of use. I had been wanting one with a variable speed knob since my old one just had high and low. I was hoping it would give out long before it did because I just couldn’t justify the price of a new one if it still worked fine. Finally, about 5 years ago the low speed quit working so I was happy to get a new one. High speed still works so I’m thinking maybe a connection to the button broke. It was a good enough of an excuse for me.

On 3/22/2022 at 8:58 AM, jagsfan said:

Thank you. It will be the most marvelous feeling to get checked in and ready to board!

Happy to hear you are on your cruise.

On 3/22/2022 at 11:35 AM, molly361 said:

Just boarded the Mariner. Time to party

Have a great cruise. Drink looks tasty, Mudslide?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Meanwhile, another sad evening here.... From the CNN --

Five people have been shot dead on the outskirts of Tel Aviv, Israel, medics say, in the third deadly attack of its kind within a week.

it

Four people were killed in the first one, and two Sunday evening in the second one.

Sunday evening could have been much more worse, luckily a group of soldiers just stopped to eat some shawarma at a nearby kiosk, and swiftly took over...

Jack's been keeping me up to date on the tragic news.  When there is only one fatality it hits Israel in the heart.  This is beyond comprehension when innocent people going about their daily businesses get gunned down.  How does one keep safe?

As our family and friends in Israel are in our thoughts and prayers, consider you and your family among them. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks for the update Debbie.  Disappointed no dinner there but we’ll take advantage of it for breakfast.  
How was Chops?  I’ve seen some mixed reviews although not necessarily from Anthem.  We might try that one night or Jaimie’s.  
Also, how’s the mint supply holding up 😉?!

Chops was wonderful.  We both had the 9 oz filet and probably should have done the 6 oz.   The only thing I was disappointed was the creamed spinach wasn't as good as I remember.  Eric loved their guyere cheese tater tots.   I had the baked potato.  Happy to say it was a normal sized potato.   I had the red velvet cake, Eric had the cheesecake, both were Delicious.

We usually like Jamie's but didn't book this time.   

Wonderland is Thursday night.

Plenty of mint leaves!!!

I have not seen or heard of any supply issues last week or this week.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Five people have been shot dead on the outskirts of Tel Aviv, Israel, medics say, in the third deadly attack of its kind within a week.

Four people were killed in the first one, and two Sunday evening in the second one.

Sunday evening could have been much more worse, luckily a group of soldiers just stopped to eat some shawarma at a nearby kiosk, and swiftly took over...

Very sorry to hear about this Dani.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

No such thing as dumb questions.

#1. Both your phones should be placed in airplane mode, then Wi-Fi turned on

#2. You do not need the internet to use the app onboard, nor to use your camera.

#3. For internet, email, and texting, you would need VOOM. By the way, you can both share one voom, but only one can be logged in at a time.  That is what we usually do.

#4. Depending on what you want to do will determine what plan you want (surf or surf and stream). Surf is the lower speed, so if you are sending or uploading video, or streaming video, that may not work with just Surf.  Sending texts or iMessages and reading email work okay with Surf.  Loading some web pages may be painfully slow with Surf.

#5. On some ships, we have found that iMessage works with only the free Wi-Fi that is used by the Royal app.  That has been hit or miss for us.

Thank you so much Mark.  We can iMessage (outgoing & incoming) our kids at home?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thank you so much Mark.  We can iMessage (outgoing & incoming) our kids at home?  

With voom you can.

on Odyssey last fall, we could iMessage with only the ship Wi-Fi used by the app.  On Oasis in January, it worked that way some of the time, and on Allure this month, it didn’t work that way.

I guess it depends on how each ship has things set up.

Also, if you set up your phone for Wi-Fi calling, you can make phone calls using voom. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

For the car fans.............Here is something you don't see everyday on face book market place.

Anyone have an extra $449,000 ?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1099170890932513/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

No photo description available.

Once I get over this awful vertigo, I want to do a day trip up to the Blue Mountains to see the autumn colours.  This would be a nice ride to do it in.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I think you are on the Anthem? We were on a few weeks ago and could not iMessage without being on Voom. We only did one device and if we were doing separate things on the ship, we'd text, then log out, and hope the other would log on and check at some point! But you can keep switching between devices. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Ah yes...Lake Wallenpaupack.  Home of the infamous Cove Haven resort where the heart shaped tub and champagne glass whirlpool were supposedly invented.

We are a cove south  of Cove Haven, been there for shows a few times and see their ski boats by us quite often.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Once I get over this awful vertigo, I want to do a day trip up to the Blue Mountains to see the autumn colours.  This would be a nice ride to do it in.

That  would be a very nice drive to go see the "Three Sisters"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

I think you are on the Anthem? We were on a few weeks ago and could not iMessage without being on Voom. We only did one device and if we were doing separate things on the ship, we'd text, then log out, and hope the other would log on and check at some point! But you can keep switching between devices. 

Sounds like a PITA.

33 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

With voom you can.

on Odyssey last fall, we could iMessage with only the ship Wi-Fi used by the app.  On Oasis in January, it worked that way some of the time, and on Allure this month, it didn’t work that way.

I guess it depends on how each ship has things set up.

Also, if you set up your phone for Wi-Fi calling, you can make phone calls using voom. 

12 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

Thanks to both of you!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Coralc said:

We kind of need rain. Lots of rain. :classic_biggrin:

We can use it here in Naples, also!

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It depends what you want to eat and what time you board. I always like the Windjammer for a first meal. If you want something quick the Wipeout Cafe, deck 15, works for me or the Park Cafe in Central Park. Sorrento's  and the Cafe Promenade will also be open on the Royal Promenade. The Dog House on Boardwalk should also be open but I don't really like the food there.

Have a great time exploring. The first time on O class is amazing. Do not miss the Aqua Show or Mamma Mia. They are awesome!

Thank you, OB!  I'm looking forward to seeing both the Aqua Show and Mama Mia.  I saw Mama Mia on Broadway many years ago.  Great fun!

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This morning I sat down next to a woman at pool deck who told me she has a nasty sore throat and bad headache.   She also said her 2 teenagers felt crappy last night and are still in bed.   She flew from Chicago to EWR on Saturday and is hoping she didn't catch a cold.    I cut my conversation short as I definitely don't want to take any chances, especially with Eric.

Otherwise, we have felt completely safe with no masks on

Good grief!  I hope you and Eric don't get sick!  I was at the pool the other day when one of the women told me  "she has a cold, it's not Covid," while she was right up in my face as she said it.  We go for our tests on Thursday morning, sure hope we get to do the Happy Dance!

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I second that and Maryann, YOU and Jim have a marvelous cruise too!

Thank you, Bonnie!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Busy getting ready for our cruise on Anthem this Sunday. 

Have a wonderful time on the Anthem, Deb and Andy!!!!  

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

So glad to see that you're OK. Thanks for stopping by 🌷.

+1, Lucas

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I am so very sorry to hear this, Dani.  Thank God for the group of soldiers who took over, avoiding a larger carnage.  Please stay safe, my friend.🙏

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

I had that cabin in January and until I read you post did not know that it was next to the 2 bedroom family suite.  That said I had kids next to me and also running around in the cabin above me as well.  My May OS is on deck 11

Oh man, that's the worst!!

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Lots of people from across the pond onboard our sailing. I do believe from the clapping and hollering when asked "Are there any people from such n such a place" that we have been outnumbered by Canadians and the British. 

Ship is quite empty. Was told 900 on this sailing. Another person said 1200. Definitely no lines, no elevator waits. Masks are optional, we are wearing them inside when surrounded by people and in theater. I am not ready to abandon them totally. 

We had lots of people from across the pond onboard our sailing,  Canadians and British, as well.  We had around 1700 passengers when we were on the Silhouette.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I had a Vita-Mix for 25+ years. Darn thing just wouldn’t die and it had a lot of use. I had been wanting one with a variable speed knob since my old one just had high and low. I was hoping it would give out long before it did because I just couldn’t justify the price of a new one if it still worked fine. Finally, about 5 years ago the low speed quit working so I was happy to get a new one. High speed still works so I’m thinking maybe a connection to the button broke. It was a good enough of an excuse for me.

The blender still hasn’t been delivered but shows it’s supposed to be tomorrow,  I am getting excited to try it.  We were visiting my DD and she has a Sam’s Club card.  We got a really good deal on it.

Good to hear you are cruising.  Did you get off tonight?  Hope you enjoy the rest and thanks for the cruise updates!

• Like 3