Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You got me thinking . 🤔 Caden loves writing. If I taught him Photoshop he could turn pics into neat illustrations for his books.  He loves learning new things.  

With all the tutorials on You Tube I would think it would be very easy for him to start and pick it up That'a great that he love's writing. My son Jonathan is the same way. He is writing a science fiction novel now while working in sales. He has gotten into Photoshop as well when he was a kid. He liked it a lot.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Let me rephrase that for you.  Being retired gives you more time to exercise.  In my experience, it doesn't make it any easier.  😁

Boy isn't that the truth. I didn't hardly sleep at all last night because my muscles were so sore. Sucks getting older.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Door is shut on the plane catch you all later.  

Safe travels my friend. Very cool you have a good friendship with Captain Johnny.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

When we lived in NY I used to drive up to my neighbor's house for coffee and chat quite often.  Did I mention she lived 4 houses away on my block?  Well, her house was on a hill and walking up had me huffing and puffing.  This was approx. 30 years ago. 🤣

How is Eric feeling?  Hopefully, by now, much or all better.

The best news about my Jen's friend Jen is that she was discharged from the hospital, with her new heart working beautifully.  We are all so thankful.

@A&L_OntAndrew and Lisa, have a fabulous vacation.

Happy to hear Jen is home.  She is young and will do very well.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

When we lived in NY I used to drive up to my neighbor's house for coffee and chat quite often.  Did I mention she lived 4 houses away on my block?  Well, her house was on a hill and walking up had me huffing and puffing.  This was approx. 30 years ago. 🤣

How is Eric feeling?  Hopefully, by now, much or all better.

The best news about my Jen's friend Jen is that she was discharged from the hospital, with her new heart working beautifully.  We are all so thankful.

@A&L_OntAndrew and Lisa, have a fabulous vacation.

Wonderful news about your daughters friend.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NHProud said:

I still drive down the hill to get my mail. The slope is ~ 30° .  I drive down every other day because of what it costs for gas in CA.  I can’t afford to do it more often😁.  It is with great shame that I admit my mid-80 yo neighbor walks it.  

My house is in a good location , I get to watch the fireworks at SeaWorld and at the embarcadero on the 4th.   Better yet , we’re within sight of our hospital where the knee surgery is going to happen.   

When we exit the development we live in ,one block west is a hill that many people climb for exercise.When I was physically able to I did that every day .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Poor guy!  That sounds painful.   Did they have to shave a lot of hair off?

I have a Mohs procedure scheduled next week for a tiny spot right under my eye.   I used florouracil cream for some other areas but they didn't want me putting the cream that close to my eye.  

Good luck on your Mohs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Let me rephrase that for you.  Being retired gives you more time to exercise.  In my experience, it doesn't make it any easier.  😁

😂, I was thinking to rephrase too!  Being retired gives you more "opportunities" to exercise!  In my experience, it doesn’t mean I take those opportunities every day.  😂 I should!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

😂, I was thinking to rephrase too!  Being retired gives you more "opportunities" to exercise!  In my experience, it doesn’t mean I take those opportunities every day.  😂 I should!

My longtime employer did something interesting.In the mid 70’s they had a Gym built which was unheard of .Employees were given the option of having a once a day 30 minute break to exercise or 15 minutes for coffee.The majority of the employees opted to exercise.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

When we exit the development we live in ,one block west is a hill that many people climb for exercise.When I was physically able to I did that every day .

We have two ways to walk out of our neighborhood.  If we walk out to the left we walk a long gradually steep hill. If we walk to the right we come to a very steep hill which is the direction to the mailboxes.  When we walk, I like the longer gradual steep hill.

• Like 1

This was posted on our "funny" text thread this morning. Zander is 6 yrs old and his sister Corrie is 3 1/2 yrs old.

Zander was having a hard time listening this morning, and Corrie said, “I think maybe he needs to press his reset button.”  😂 

This is a conversation they posted last week…..

Corrie: Mom, I had a wedgie at school. 
Zander: What is a wedgie?!
Mom: It’s when your pants go in your butt crack. 
Corrie: No, it’s because I had a runny nose!

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We have two ways to walk out of our neighborhood.  If we walk out to the left we walk a long gradually steep hill. If we walk to the right we come to a very steep hill which is the direction to the mailboxes.  When we walk, I like the longer gradual steep hill.

We live in an all ages development .When I am in bed as I am now and the majority of the time I have a very large glass door entrance to my terrace and I can see the people who are walking .The majority of the people who walk are elderly .I almost never see young people walking .I assume that they drive to go everywhere in the complex.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thats great Charlie is feeling better..

Even though it's the same itinerary we just did 2 weeks, we are excited to try a new ship to us.  I think I will like how the solarium has an open area.  

I am sure they will be Wow'd by everything the ship has to offer.

If unsure what to do in Nassau I highly recommend a trip to Clifton Heights National Park we had an amazing day there.

Since we have our California grandson for the summer, I have been trying to convince Susan we should drive over and take him on Oasis.  It would definitely be a different type of experience for us.  Now, I just have to see if his passport is still good, or if we would need other docs.  Kids passports are only good for five years.

2 hours ago, akcruz said:

With many of the international locations closed and trips like cruising limited everyone was flocking the local beaches.  Have heard hotel booking in Myrtle Beach area are down this year, maybe people are expanding travel options. Our season goes from March thru November with spring and fall being heavy golf bookings. 

Myrtle Beach is one of the options she has been advocating for a getaway with him.  But then, she was talking about bringing the other two grandkids and daughter along too.

• Like 3

Our spa people were here this morning to drain, service and refill the tub.  Now waiting for it to get up to 80° to take a water sample and start adding chemicals.

At least it was sunny while they were here doing it.  Raining now, then a change to snow tonight.  Crazy weather.  Snow Saturday and Sunday, then it is supposed to get to the 60’s this week.  I am way past ready.

Every time it turns cold, I go grab some more clothes and put them by the suitcase, even though our cruise is five weeks away.  I think I am getting conditioned like Pavlov’s dog.

• Like 3

Update on Kenzie’s aunt.

She is out of ICU but as of yesterday she was not doing well.  She got to the point where she asked her doctor if she was going to die.  A small portion of the lung was collapsed and she has a lung abscess.  
Today it sounds like things are finally turning.  This is a text from her mom this morning.

She had a great night best one yet. Tube is annoying and sore but nothing like her chest hurt!!! She didn't cough much at all!! She is coughing some this morning but that's good!!! She says she feels so much better!!!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🙏

So thankful to get better sounding news from her.  Thanks for the continued prayers.

• Like 25

33 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks for the update. I was just going to inquire. Hopefully, the improvement will continue. Those bugs are nasty and not overly "impressed" by antibiotics...

She heard they are putting another tube into the other side to help out.  They say they don’t have to put her out to insert this one.  Hard to imagine. 

Two negative Covid tests just now. Time to get serious about packing for Sunday. It’s SOOOOO much easier (and cheaper) driving 3 hours to the port rather than flying in the day before, paying for a hotel, getting transportation to the port, etc. we can also load up on stuff that we wouldn’t otherwise fly with like big bottles of suntan lotion, saline solution, etc. 

I also just took our pictures and uploaded vaccine results in the app. I remember others saying they had a problem doing this. No problem for us. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Update on Kenzie’s aunt.

She is out of ICU but as of yesterday she was not doing well.  She got to the point where she asked her doctor if she was going to die.  A small portion of the lung was collapsed and she has a lung abscess.  
Today it sounds like things are finally turning.  This is a text from her mom this morning.

She had a great night best one yet. Tube is annoying and sore but nothing like her chest hurt!!! She didn't cough much at all!! She is coughing some this morning but that's good!!! She says she feels so much better!!!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🙏

So thankful to get better sounding news from her.  Thanks for the continued prayers.

Great to hear that she is improving. Continued thoughts and prayers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Since we have our California grandson for the summer, I have been trying to convince Susan we should drive over and take him on Oasis.  It would definitely be a different type of experience for us.  Now, I just have to see if his passport is still good, or if we would need other docs.  Kids passports are only good for five years.

That sounds like a great idea!    I am sure he would have a blast

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Update on Kenzie’s aunt.

That's great that she is improving.    We will continue the thoughts and prayers for a full recovery soon!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2022 at 2:17 PM, h20skibum said:

Maybe it is just me (and my wife), but we always hate when someone adds “for your age”.  

I guess that’s because we always look great. 🤣🤣

Her doctor even put in her report that she looked well nourished and well groomed.   Never saw that in an after visit summary before. 

My newest doctor puts his notes in a patient portal app. 
I finally decided to look at it and it said 

“patient presents as a nice woman”.

Kind of sounds like I’m faking it!

• Haha 11

19 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

One of the advantages of being 75 or older is that doctors tend not to do colonoscopies.

If my doctor hadn’t recommended my colonoscopy in September after my 85th birthday, my 2cm malignant tumor would still be growing. 
That colonoscopy is priceless to me. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Busy day.

Walked 2 miles

Did the elliptical for 45 minutes

Cold therapy leg for 30 minutes

Lunch with low carb wrap of turkey, cheese and lettuce with grapes

watched Tiger play at the masters

Went to the grocery store

Man I'm tired now.

I sure hope your knee let you have a good night’s sleep!!!