Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

No idea.. zipcode is 24324

You are in planting zone 7b with last frost dates averaging May 1 thru May 10. 

You could start to plant by seed outdoors cold weather plants such as Beans, beets, broccoli, carrots, spinach, lettuce, peas and cauliflower.   

Other plantings such as tomatoes, squash, peppers, corn you want to wait until middle or end of May to plant.   You should be fine with having everything in the ground by end of May.    

I am in zone 7a with last frost dates averaging April 11 thru April 20th.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I took the Staten Island ferry to summer day camp for 9 summers passing the Statue of Liberty.  My parents sailed into NY harbor from Europe so many years ago.  That statue always made me stop and stare at it thoughtfully.  I will never forget the meaning it had for me; freedom and hope.

When I worked in Manhattan, I took the Ferry back and forth every day from Staten Island.  I'm sure Marietta did also, if she worked in the City, as I did.

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Although you might not post often, you are thought of by many in here with affection.  Count me among them.  You're my Rockland County connection!!

So glad your stepdaughter decided to stay.  I'm sure Easter dinner was delicious.

+1

18 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Even though we don’t see you often, we still think about you and your wife. 
How blessed you are with your stepdaughter!!

+1

16 hours ago, h20skibum said:

My assignment for the day was to create a dolphin theme fruit bowl carving for our granddaughter’s 7th birthday, and Easter. 

07D47CD1-F29B-4B0D-86EE-3C58518EE3E3.thumb.jpeg.dcbf5480dc2d2825b5c31495951253fa.jpeg

You are quite the artist!  Well done, Mark!  Absolutely beautiful!

12 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Exciting day for Australian cruisers, with the first cruise ship arriving in Sydney after a 2 year cruise ship ban. 

E984885A-3118-40AF-BAC1-E089BE9D4BB1.thumb.jpeg.1a754c55118a6bf7f9cb515c592d696f.jpeg

Finally!!!  Great news!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Back to our packing. Just about done...putting off stopping our internet until a little later.  We leave early tomorrow morning, first overnight will probably be Savannah, our second overnight will be in Stafford, Va.  

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

When I worked in Manhattan, I took the Ferry back and forth every day from Staten Island.  I'm sure Marietta did also, if she worked in the City, as I did.

+1

+1

You are quite the artist!  Well done, Mark!  Absolutely beautiful!

Finally!!!  Great news!

I took the ferry every morning.  Do you remember how the smoke came upstairs from the smoking section!  It was like fog.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

It is indeed a blessing.   When I picked her up from  Houston - in addition to the situation with her mom - she faced several other crises on a professional & personal level. I was determine to create a "safe space" for her where she could find peace, clear her mind & hit the reset button on her life to move forward. Little did I know I was doing the same for me as well.

Thank you.  The food was delicious and the presentation was amazing. Worthy of a HGTV program. Unfortunately, I was to busy basking in the warmth of love from my sisters, nephew & niece - all from Rockland County - to snap any pictures.

So happy you have someone and she has you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Back to our packing. Just about done...putting off stopping our internet until a little later.  We leave early tomorrow morning, first overnight will probably be Savannah, our second overnight will be in Stafford, Va.  

Was going to say honk when you drive by, but looks like you are taking I-95. 🙂

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Have a safe trip!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

We have just got home after a 7 hour drive from Southampton.

We had been on a short cruise to celebrate Pauline's late mam's 100th birthday.

Looks like it was a great cruise and I love the idea of celebrating her 100th birthday.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Safe travels!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

It is indeed a blessing.   When I picked her up from  Houston - in addition to the situation with her mom - she faced several other crises on a professional & personal level. I was determine to create a "safe space" for her where she could find peace, clear her mind & hit the reset button on her life to move forward. Little did I know I was doing the same for me as well.

Thank you.  The food was delicious and the presentation was amazing. Worthy of a HGTV program. Unfortunately, I was to busy basking in the warmth of love from my sisters, nephew & niece - all from Rockland County - to snap any pictures.

Sounds like exactly what you needed.

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We'll be in NJ June.  West Milford.  So far from Ocean County 😒

Have safe travels.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I took the ferry every morning.  Do you remember how the smoke came upstairs from the smoking section!  It was like fog.

For somebody who did not live in SI I spent a lot of time there over the years .Working at the Henry Kaufman Campgrounds,going to Silver Lake and Clove Lake parks,the Mall,Richmond Restoration ,Staten Island Zoo and many restaurants.

• Like 2

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

For somebody who did not live in SI I spent a lot of time there over the years .Working at the Henry Kaufman Campgrounds,going to Silver Lake and Clove Lake parks,the Mall,Richmond Restoration ,Staten Island Zoo and many restaurants.

We probably walked right past each other😃

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Safe travels wished for you Maryann.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

IMG_20220416_115000.jpg

Looks like you are having a grand time. Cheers to you and Pauline.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks like you are having a grand time. Cheers to you and Pauline.

Thank you Greg.

I hope your new knee is working really well.

We bought a lot of Belgian chocolate in Blankenberge Belgium and ate quite a bit already but still have some left.

Graham.

IMG-20220417-WA0003.jpg

IMG_20220418_193722.jpg

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We probably walked right past each other😃

We may have .In addition I had friends who lived in SI that I used to go visit .Many of my former co workers moved from Bensonhurst to SI .There is a woman who posts on CC .She hung out at Nellie Bly Park in the same years as me.A guy who posts on CC who has the same first name as me.We both live in LI now,we both lived in Canarsie during the same years ,less than two blocks from each other ,both went to the same movie theater,shopped in the same stores but never knew each other .He and his wife were friends with a couple that they last saw in 1981.Toby and I met this couple in 1983 and became friends with them.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

For sure!  I also remember standing on line in the morning buying coffee!

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Great way to celebrate!  Love the pictures!

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Was going to say honk when you drive by, but looks like you are taking I-95. 🙂

Yes.  I-75 (I hate I-75!) to I-10 to I-95

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Have a safe trip!

Thank you, Arzeena!

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Safe travels!

Thanks, Deb!

30 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you,Greg!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Mark, if you're referring to the list so graciously compiled by Joanie ( @GeorgiaPeach51), I'm adding the Inspector Troy series by John Lawton, and Roderick Alleyn's series by Ngaio Marsh.

Georges Simenon Series 
Gideon Oliver -Aaron  Elkins  series 
Louise Penny’s Gamache series.

Dorothy L. Sayers Lord Peter Wimsey series

Any books by Josephine Tey

Barbara Hambly - Benjamin January series, if you like historical mysteries!
JD Robb books and Robert B Parker
The Scarapetta series by Patricia Cornwel
MC Beaton books
Elizabeth George’s Inspector Lynley Series. 
Donna Leon’s Brunetti series. 
Any books by Tana French
Any books by P. D. James.  
Greg Isles, a writer from Natchez, MS.
Snowblind” by Ragnar Jonasson.  (Book 1 of 6 - DarkIceland)
Cork O’Connor series by William Kent Krueger.  Also non-series books.
Brad Thor
JK Rowling (author of Harry Potter series), writing under the name Robert Galbraith -- the Cormoran Strike series.

Andrea Camilleri -- the Inspector Montalbano series.

Helen Fields -- the Perfect series.

Karin Slaughter -- the Will Trent series

Daniel Silva - Gabriel Allon series

James Crumley —should be read in order
Winston Graham—Poldark series
Janet Evanovich—Stephanie Plum series.  Fox and Hare series.
Anything by Tim Dorsey or Carl Hiassen 
Old Archie comic books and Mad Magazine. 🙂
Ian Rankin’s Rebus series

Peter Robinson’s DCI Banks series

Nevada Barr’s National Parks series

Anything by Anne Cleeves

Richard Jury series by Martha Grimes - current times

Thomas Pitt series by Anne Perry - Victorian era

(and if you are planning a trip to Egypt check out the

Amelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters)

Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City.  4 books.
The Longmire books by Craig Johnson.  Also suggest the fantastic series on Netflix.
David McCullough 'Path Between the Seas' (Panama Canal)
Caroline Graham Inspector Barnaby series. 

John Sandford , the Prey series and the Virgil Flowers series

Any books by Harlan Coben

Khalid Hosseini, A Thousand Splendid Suns

Cupcake Brown, A Piece of Cake

Andy Weir, “not science fiction but science plausibility”

Danelle Harmon Series

Caleb Carr -  The Alienist.

Dani, thank you for posting this again!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Oh, my... I've already posted it once? .... Well, at least there are new additions 😉

@Luckynana

Maryann, to me it seems that you've just got to Naples... Time surely flies.

Safe travels home 😘

Maybe Georgia Peach posted it previously, not you? I know I had seen it before.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I hope your new knee is working really well.

Doing pretty well Graham. Walked for an hour today and did the elliptical for an hour. New knee does better than the other knee now.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

While we were away Owen had tryouts for the high school soccer team. There is only one team for the high school, that means he made the varsity team in grade 9. Only two others in grade 9 made it out of 18 boys. 

First game is tomorrow morning at 9am and look what the weather is doing with more tonight to come. 

DC751E1E-99F8-4D9D-B093-8DB92D575C91.thumb.jpeg.8b24bb8fd4e2214a71e4aa211b141352.jpeg

• Like 22