Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

While we were away Owen had tryouts for the high school soccer team. There is only one team for the high school, that means he made the varsity team in grade 9. Only two others in grade 9 made it out of 18 boys. 

First game is tomorrow morning at 9am and look what the weather is doing with more tonight to come. 

DC751E1E-99F8-4D9D-B093-8DB92D575C91.thumb.jpeg.8b24bb8fd4e2214a71e4aa211b141352.jpeg

Congratulations to Owen. I would want to sweat sweatpants and several layers to play outside in that.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

While we were away Owen had tryouts for the high school soccer team. There is only one team for the high school, that means he made the varsity team in grade 9. Only two others in grade 9 made it out of 18 boys. 

First game is tomorrow morning at 9am and look what the weather is doing with more tonight to come. 

DC751E1E-99F8-4D9D-B093-8DB92D575C91.thumb.jpeg.8b24bb8fd4e2214a71e4aa211b141352.jpeg

Congratulations to Owen.  My son has been playing soccer since he was 5.  Played soccer in Japan, South Korea, Malaysia & New Zealand.  Thankfully he has never played in snow.  As the goalie, it would be too brrrr.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I went to Gulmohar's Whisky Paradise in St. Maarten last week.  You've probably heard @Sea Dog talk about this place.  It usually has a wall full of bourbon, many of which are hard to get in the US.  This time though, they had many empty spots due to supply issues (damn Covid!!!).  I was talking with one of their employees who was very knowledgeable about bourbon.  He gave me his business card and said to feel free to contact him before my next trip there and he can let me know what they have and are expecting to get.  I asked if he could set anything aside for me ahead of time.  He said they don't do that, but I got the impression that he would if I was spending enough money.  Here's his contact info for anyone who wants to reach out to Gulmohar's before their next St. Maarten visit:

Chats Mahtani

Tel. 1(721) 542-2956

US Tel. (305) 433-5835

email: gulmoharsxm@gmail.com

www.gulmoharsxm.com

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congrats to Owen.  He is truly a multi-sport athlete.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@Luckynana

Maryann, to me it seems that you've just got to Naples... Time surely flies.

Safe travels home 😘

Time surely does, Dani!  Thank you so much!

30 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Doing pretty well Graham. Walked for an hour today and did the elliptical for an hour. New knee does better than the other knee now.

You are doing awesome, Greg!  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Oh no!  More snow???  Congratulations to Owen!  

So, up in Overland Park, KS tonight (suburb of Kansas City, MO) will hit a couple of hundred golf balls at Top Golf here in an hour, and drink some bad red wine, maybe a decent G&T, and eat some bar food.  On the upside, I am the guest so the price is right.  The downside, I get to sit listening to fiduciary attorneys about 401K responsibilities and best practices all day tomorrow.

JC

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Are you back? Wow time just flies on vacation and cruises!

Welcome back!!!! Would love to see pictures and read your trip report.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I went to Gulmohar's Whisky Paradise in St. Maarten last week.  You've probably heard @Sea Dog talk about this place.  It usually has a wall full of bourbon, many of which are hard to get in the US.  This time though, they had many empty spots due to supply issues (damn Covid!!!).  I was talking with one of their employees who was very knowledgeable about bourbon.  He gave me his business card and said to feel free to contact him before my next trip there and he can let me know what they have and are expecting to get.  I asked if he could set anything aside for me ahead of time.  He said they don't do that, but I got the impression that he would if I was spending enough money.  Here's his contact info for anyone who wants to reach out to Gulmohar's before their next St. Maarten visit:

Chats Mahtani

Tel. 1(721) 542-2956

US Tel. (305) 433-5835

www.gulmoharsxm.com

Chats is the owner (and the Dad and Mom are too)! We know him personally. Very nice family.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Chats Mahtani

Tel. 1(721) 542-2956

US Tel. (305) 433-5835

www.gulmoharsxm.com

Thank you for doing this. I have put this in my contacts.

32 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, up in Overland Park, KS tonight (suburb of Kansas City, MO) will hit a couple of hundred golf balls at Top Golf here in an hour, and drink some bad red wine, maybe a decent G&T, and eat some bar food.  On the upside, I am the guest so the price is right.  The downside, I get to sit listening to fiduciary attorneys about 401K responsibilities and best practices all day tomorrow.

JC

Welcome to my town. Don’t know how long you will be here. If you have time I’d meet you for a drink. 
gpsteele7  at g mail dot com

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Mark, if you're referring to the list so graciously compiled by Joanie ( @GeorgiaPeach51), I'm adding the Inspector Troy series by John Lawton, and Roderick Alleyn's series by Ngaio Marsh.

Georges Simenon Series 
Gideon Oliver -Aaron  Elkins  series 
Louise Penny’s Gamache series.

Dorothy L. Sayers Lord Peter Wimsey series

Any books by Josephine Tey

Barbara Hambly - Benjamin January series, if you like historical mysteries!
JD Robb books and Robert B Parker
The Scarapetta series by Patricia Cornwel
MC Beaton books
Elizabeth George’s Inspector Lynley Series. 
Donna Leon’s Brunetti series. 
Any books by Tana French
Any books by P. D. James.  
Greg Isles, a writer from Natchez, MS.
Snowblind” by Ragnar Jonasson.  (Book 1 of 6 - DarkIceland)
Cork O’Connor series by William Kent Krueger.  Also non-series books.
Brad Thor
JK Rowling (author of Harry Potter series), writing under the name Robert Galbraith -- the Cormoran Strike series.

Andrea Camilleri -- the Inspector Montalbano series.

Helen Fields -- the Perfect series.

Karin Slaughter -- the Will Trent series

Daniel Silva - Gabriel Allon series

James Crumley —should be read in order
Winston Graham—Poldark series
Janet Evanovich—Stephanie Plum series.  Fox and Hare series.
Anything by Tim Dorsey or Carl Hiassen 
Old Archie comic books and Mad Magazine. 🙂
Ian Rankin’s Rebus series

Peter Robinson’s DCI Banks series

Nevada Barr’s National Parks series

Anything by Anne Cleeves

Richard Jury series by Martha Grimes - current times

Thomas Pitt series by Anne Perry - Victorian era

(and if you are planning a trip to Egypt check out the

Amelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters)

Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City.  4 books.
The Longmire books by Craig Johnson.  Also suggest the fantastic series on Netflix.
David McCullough 'Path Between the Seas' (Panama Canal)
Caroline Graham Inspector Barnaby series. 

John Sandford , the Prey series and the Virgil Flowers series

Any books by Harlan Coben

Khalid Hosseini, A Thousand Splendid Suns

Cupcake Brown, A Piece of Cake

Andy Weir, “not science fiction but science plausibility”

Danelle Harmon Series

Caleb Carr -  The Alienist.

So many books...so little time.

Add Ruth Ware to your list. WOW!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2022 at 4:18 PM, firefly333 said:

Love Galveston. Not booking it any more going forward in sept. ... I was at ezcruise parking when Ike hit.

We cruise out of Galveston fairly often, too. We like to park at the port parking garage across the street (the one with the unused walkway going over Harborside) - up on the upper levels, so less risk of flooding. Then we walk across the street to the port. 

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

We have just got home after a 7 hour drive from Southampton.

We had been on a short cruise to celebrate Pauline's late mam's 100th birthday.

IMG_20220415_140937.jpg

IMG_20220417_190317.jpg

IMG_20220416_115000.jpg

IMG_20220416_143921.jpg

IMG-20220415-WA0009.jpg

Graham,    As Marietta said you both certainly are living the life!    That's GREAT!

How come I didn't hear you singing in the video?   Bashful😉

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Back to our packing. Just about done...putting off stopping our internet until a little later.  We leave early tomorrow morning, first overnight will probably be Savannah, our second overnight will be in Stafford, Va.  

Do you have that bitter sweet feeling?    I am sure your family will be thrilled to see you.  Thursday will be in the 60's but Friday should be beautiful in the 70's.    I hope you have good weather for your drive up.      Safe Travels🥰

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

So many books...so little time.

Add Ruth Ware to your list. WOW!

Couldn't put Woman in Cabin 10 down. WOW. Read it when it was "new" and then passed it on and told them to pass it onward.

I started reading Dark Wood after Cabin 10 and couldn't get half way. It just did not seem as captivating (to me) as Cabin 10.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Do you have that bitter sweet feeling?    I am sure your family will be thrilled to see you.  Thursday will be in the 60's but Friday should be beautiful in the 70's.    I hope you have good weather for your drive up.      Safe Travels🥰

Thank you, Debbie!  We face-timed two of our daughters yesterday and I commented that Judy had on a turtleneck cable sweater.   She said it's freezing here in NJ!!  It's been in the 90's and humid here for the past week, with more to come.  Too hot for me, actually! (not that I'm complaining too much)

We can't wait to see the kids.  I didn't recognize our grandson Ryan at first...he'd been wearing his hair quite long, and has gotten his hair cut.  He's gotten tall, also!   They always seem to grow so much while we're gone for the Winter.  Before I know it, most of our grandchildren will be taller than me! 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Debbie!  We face-timed two of our daughters yesterday and I commented that Judy had on a turtleneck cable sweater.   She said it's freezing here in NJ!!  It's been in the 90's and humid here for the past week, with more to come.  Too hot for me, actually! (not that I'm complaining too much)

We can't wait to see the kids.  I didn't recognize our grandson Ryan at first...he'd been wearing his hair quite long, and has gotten his hair cut.  He's gotten tall, also!   They always seem to grow so much while we're gone for the Winter.  Before I know it, most of our grandchildren will be taller than me! 

The temperature this morning where I live was in the 30’s.I was wearing a sweatshirt all day.A few days ago it was 79 .

• Like 4

Kenzie’s aunt was able to go home today.  She is still on oxygen but happy to get back to her kids.

Kenzie, Caden and Aubrey spent last night and will spend tonight with us.  Here is a pic of Kenzie enjoying the back porch with us.

60690DF8-5226-442F-9D74-F5DB6D3DF6A8.thumb.jpeg.6b8e41ad61577f16aa810d4d98a3f2f0.jpeg

• Like 27

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

In 2021 our last frost was April 22nd.

For now I will monitor and continue to harden my seedlings everyday.

That would be horrible to have all my babies die if planted too earlier.

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

Aspen was amazing! I honestly wish I had gone much much sooner during my time in Colorado. We had so much fun.

7A479178-0544-4E30-81A4-A95D70C1B6DA.thumb.jpeg.747c9b89886d3377b6d5cdb67f43339b.jpeg

D35400C6-91B3-4D27-84E4-AE1F73CAF996.thumb.jpeg.8b4f6cc0f26c2ec842d6022ace340f5f.jpeg

E436888C-10F0-4247-9D39-986B83026FF2.thumb.jpeg.884824fef590faa4797a25fe937059e1.jpeg

That looks like a great place to visit.  I haven’t been to Colorado since the 70’s.  Enjoyed it while I was there.

If I remember correctly you mentioned an interview. Did you have it yet?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Couldn't put Woman in Cabin 10 down. WOW. Read it when it was "new" and then passed it on and told them to pass it onward.

I started reading Dark Wood after Cabin 10 and couldn't get half way. It just did not seem as captivating (to me) as Cabin 10.

I've only read 2 so far.

Cabin 10 was soooo good. 

The other one was Turn of the Key. I listened to this one while running errands and found myself aimlessly driving around.

• Like 2

Been an anxious wait for me over Easter as I had a skin cancer removed last week .  I have been having them regularly removed since I was 23 but this is the first time I have heard the M word as a possibility.  I had a biopsy done that was for a likely BCC.  The BCC was on the edge of some suspicious pigment.  When BCC confirmed, GP sent me to surgeon.  Surgeon said that pigment looks like a melanoma to me.  We’ll take it all out. Which was done last week. Melanoma confirmed this morning but very early stage.  No depth or tentacles.  Going back for more surgery to widen the margins.  Feeling thankful that it was found early. 

• Like 27