Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

When Melanie worked at ABC, she ran audio and rolled tapes.

She also worked at CBS at Master Control, audio and tapes.

When she moved to Melbourne, she was the "Morning Girl" at a radio station, and when she moved back to NYC,  she was an Anchor/Producer for Fox News Radio.

Maryann, very impressive!

@Ocean Boywishing warm weather when you get to FL, no flight cancellations and no snow in RI when you have to get home.

Have a terrific time.  I think that just about covers everything! 😉

Makes note to self:  Do NOT take an afternoon nap.  It's 12:40AM and I am still wide awake. 🤪 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

My best friend and her husband fly out of Sydney in 10 days time for a small group tour of the Kimberleys in Western Australia followed by a fab small ship cruise from Broome to Darwin. An amazing three week trip.  Today, she tested positive for Covid.  Her symptoms are mild atm and she only needs to isolate for 7 days.  Just keeping my fingers & toes crossed that her husband doesn’t test positive after her.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, jagsfan said:

If any of you are looking for something to do April 30 and May 1, this is the annual weekend everyone in North Florida looks forward to. Food and professional artists and craftsmen. (And women). 
You might even run into @bobmaclibertysince it’s practically in his back yard!

9836AF2A-F6E5-481C-8006-EDEC7C04072C.jpeg

I'm mostly looking forward to this since it will be our first time experiencing the full festival.  There was a "mini" version last year.  We aren't within walking distance though, so we'll need to deal with the same parking and traffic issues as everyone else.  We're told that the island gets a little crazy that weekend.  Not looking forward to that part.

15 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I was a little further north at the Butler Blvd exit getting a CT scan of my abdomen. 
Yesterday was an echocardiogram, last week was a chest X-ray and a breathing test. 
All ordered by different doctors. 
I remember when I had social events on my calendar instead of medical!

I hope that everything went well with your tests.  

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm mostly looking forward to this since it will be our first time experiencing the full festival.  There was a "mini" version last year.  We aren't within walking distance though, so we'll need to deal with the same parking and traffic issues as everyone else.  We're told that the island gets a little crazy that weekend.  Not looking forward to that part.

I hope that everything went well with your tests.  

The side streets running parallel to the river are sometimes the best bet for parking, but they fill up fast. 
We always went early, but then everybody else did, too. It’s well worth paying to park in someone’s yard!

I don’t know how it is now, but the food booths used to be fundraisers for local organizations, and there was some mighty fine eating!

At one time there were shrimp boat races on the river, but after a couple of blown engines, that stopped. Too expensive a risk. 

• Like 4

Like @h20skibum, we’ll have 2 of our grandsons for a week this summer.  The soon to be 11 and 9 year olds in PA have no summer camp the last 2 weeks before school starts in August, so their Mom & Dad (our oldest DD) need a backup plan for that time. In 2019 we picked them up and did their first ‘road trip’ to Disney.  They loved it and have been asking if we’ll ever do that again.  So, this is the year.  The plan is to pick them up and make the drive again. I booked 4 nights at the Polynesian, then we’ll drive down to Hollywood FL and spend 2 nights at Margaritaville (can you tell we like this place 🙂) where they can try out the Flowrider.  We will then head back north, dropping the boys off

to their other parents in Amelia Island where they’ll spend their 2nd week.  
Andy & I will need a vacation after this. I’ll have to see what cruises are leaving out of Bayonne since we’ll be driving right by on our way home 😉.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Like @h20skibum, we’ll have 2 of our grandsons for a week this summer.  The soon to be 11 and 9 year olds in PA have no summer camp the last 2 weeks before school starts in August, so their Mom & Dad (our oldest DD) need a backup plan for that time. In 2019 we picked them up and did their first ‘road trip’ to Disney.  They loved it and have been asking if we’ll ever do that again.  So, this is the year.  The plan is to pick them up and make the drive again. I booked 4 nights at the Polynesian, then we’ll drive down to Hollywood FL and spend 2 nights at Margaritaville (can you tell we like this place 🙂) where they can try out the Flowrider.  We will then head back north, dropping the boys off

Andy & I will need a vacation after this. I’ll have to see what cruises are leaving out of Bayonne since we’ll be driving right by on our way home 😉.

Deb, that sounds like a wonderful plan for this Summer.  Time spent with grandchildren is always so memorable and rewarding.  The boys are the perfect age for your trip.🥰

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Oasis sailing 8.28😃

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

That sounds like a really fun road trip.    This is the ages our boys enjoyed Disney the most.   They were able to go on whatever rides they wanted without height restrictions.    

Heading to Hollywood for beach and Flowrider will be nice too with August weather in FL. 😃

• Like 2

9 hours ago, George C said:

Pretty sure my wife wanted to get married before her 30 birthday ( obviously a woman thing) she turned 30 a few days after. I was a little over 40 at the time. 

When we got married in 1987 I was 27 and my husband was 40.  I thought I was so brave marrying such an old man!  Ha ha!!!  At twenty-seven 40 seemed absolutely ancient!!  Needless to say…I’ve changed my viewpoint on what “old” is.  Let me rephrase that…I have not yet decided what “old” is.  I guess just a state of mind.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. I came so close to cancelling this cruise after getting stranded in Florida in January with a cancelled flight. Now I am so glad I didn't give into that knee jerk reaction. I am really looking forward to this trip.

OB, have you booked better flight options this time?

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

If there is snow on my car I'm not coming home. Stopping at Labadee, San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Nassau. I am so excited to get back on that ship!

That is a nice itinerary.  I didn’t realize you were on an 8 nighter.  I know the following week is also an 8 nighter going to Aruba and Curaçao.  That would have been a great B2B. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

That really sounds like a great time.  My daughter and her family are headed for the grandkids first trip to Disney.  It appears their countdown is on. 

0990708E-120A-41EE-9F0E-30B6C548CB75.thumb.jpeg.72fde63c5a1784bb2f7c454d67842577.jpeg

I don’t recall which Disney property they are on, but they are there for a week.  They were able to get all their dining reservations, so that is a plus.  I can’t believe how far out you have to reserve things.  And how $$$$ it is now.  I know they will have fun. 

• Like 9

10 hours ago, George C said:

Pretty sure my wife wanted to get married before her 30 birthday ( obviously a woman thing) she turned 30 a few days after. I was a little over 40 at the time. 

I did not expect to get married till I was in my 30’s but when I met my future bride I knew I would never find anyone like her and I got married at age 23.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. I came so close to cancelling this cruise after getting stranded in Florida in January with a cancelled flight. Now I am so glad I didn't give into that knee jerk reaction. I am really looking forward to this trip.

Love your itinerary and that it's a 8 nighter. Safe travels wished to you and I hope you post some pics of some great cocktails here. Try the espresso martini with cognac instead of vodka and let me know if you like it.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

FB_IMG_1650447000647.jpg.390ed0ef000f6473571e348c6e790e61.jpg

Lately Charlie has been whining and crying at night after being put in the crate. It's in our master bedroom and I think he wants to sleep with us. I am wary since I am afraid he will want to get up in the middle of the night and roam and possibly go to the bathroom inside. Not sure what to do. Last night I had to put my Bose sleep buds in to drown him out. I do want the dogs to sleep with us but want to make sure they are old enough.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

That is a nice itinerary.  I didn’t realize you were on an 8 nighter.  I know the following week is also an 8 nighter going to Aruba and Curaçao.  That would have been a great B2B. 

That would be sweet!   If we are flying to Port we like to do b2b especially if itinerary is different.   This would be perfect scenario to do b2b.

• Like 4