Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I already made my comment about vets. When a patient of mine has an urgent problem and the day is booked up I stay longer. It actually disgusts me that they would recommend you just drop your cat off. 

I agree.  This is a terrible, unique situation.  I’d like to think my vet would make time for me.  I thought about suggesting they call around to try to get in at any vet…but that’s not my call.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Been here many times. Just going to walk around OSJ. Maybe go to the forts to see if any new parts have opened since I last visited. I'm a huge fort fan. I really enjoy return visits to ports as I don't feel like I'm on a mission to accomplish things. This entire cruise has no missions to accomplish other than relax. My first visit to a new port can be grueling. Have to get in as much as possible as you don't ever know if you will get a second chance.

I loved visiting both forts in San Juan. I want to go back when I have more time and do the guided tours. They are just so beautiful. Also Old San Juan is so much fun to walk around. I take it you have been to Barrachina's for their Pina Colada? What did you do for lunch? I am hooked on Plantains.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was disappointed that our Jan sailing was not able to make the San Juan stop.   I have never been there, hopefully will get there on a future cruise, maybe next winter for another 11 or 12 nighter.

Come to St Augustine and visit our fort. 
They used the same architect and construction crew! 😇

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's frustrating!    How long did he have to wait?   

The testing process and waiting for a proctor who never showed up was about an hour. Then another hour on the phone with IHealth. 

44 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I loved visiting both forts in San Juan. I want to go back when I have more time and do the guided tours. They are just so beautiful. Also Old San Juan is so much fun to walk around. I take it you have been to Barrachina's for their Pina Colada? What did you do for lunch? I am hooked on Plantains.

We didn't dock until 2PM so lunch was on the ship. Stopped at Barrachina for a drink. Part of San Cristobal was closed off because Holliwood is filming a movie there. 

• Like 7

Just now, Coralc said:

The testing process and waiting for a proctor who never showed up was about an hour. Then another hour on the phone with IHealth. 

Ughh!   Sounds like emed/optum tests are much more user friendly than IHealth tests.    

But still easier than finding a place that does testing such as CVS or Walgreens and chance they cancel on you.

Glad all went well with your test results😍   Have an Awesome Cruise!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I agree.  This is a terrible, unique situation.  I’d like to think my vet would make time for me.  I thought about suggesting they call around to try to get in at any vet…but that’s not my call.

I agree not my call.  I love my vet.  When we had to say goodbye to Kubota it was 5pm when we called.  They close at 5:30.  The Dr. was in emergency surgery and told the receptionist to have us come right in.  It normally takes us 20 minutes to get there.  I made it in 15 minutes.  After deciding it was best to let him go they told us to take our time saying goodbye.  It was probably 6:30 before we left and they would have stayed as long as it took.  As long as my vet is there we will be clients.

• Like 11

10 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Love the planter box.  My wife chose to go the horse trough route....here is our garden last year

Garden 2021.jpg

Our neighbours got some similar to these last year. They like them a lot. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Patti & Bill, wishing you an enjoyable cruise. I think it will be the first since Covid "descended" upon us?

It is! All the others we booked were cancelled by the cruise line. Now that the rather stressful test taking has been completed, we can finish packing and look forward to it. Thanks! :classic_biggrin: There is the other unfortunate problem that a lot of my cruise clothes seem to have shrunk in the last two years? :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

@Ocean Boy I know how to find your practice. Open yellow pages and look for the DR that has a pizza image on their ad.😉 When we sail together in person one day I might find out your name, but you will always be OB/Ocean Boy to me. 👍

Glad you had a good day in SJ.  You sunrise photos were great. I know someone who is onboard with you this week. From their photos the weather looked amazing today. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I agree not my call.  I love my vet.  When we had to say goodbye to Kubota it was 5pm when we called.  They close at 5:30.  The Dr. was in emergency surgery and told the receptionist to have us come right in.  It normally takes us 20 minutes to get there.  I made it in 15 minutes.  After deciding it was best to let him go they told us to take our time saying goodbye.  It was probably 6:30 before we left and they would have stayed as long as it took.  As long as my vet is there we will be clients.

Our vet does the same. They will always make time for that sort of situation on the same day. It is a very caring decision. 

• Like 5