Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

55 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Have her eyes fully changed over to Jade color?

The blue is all changed over to a pale green which should intensify over the next few months. I'm not sure if it shows well in these pictures....

20220701_145805.thumb.jpg.40ba8d51c6a79455552272956ec6d306.jpg

20220701_145758.thumb.jpg.2ce7b138d44dfa36cb26fe666bbef6bb.jpg

• Like 20

Thanks for all the kind words and well wishes for Andy.  

Trivia night was fun, it was great to get out for a bit and our team came in first place!  We won a $50 gift card that we applied to our snack/drink bill so all in all it was a great night.  

This morning he took the last of his Oxy & Toradol.  He’s just been taking extra strength Tylenol today and is doing okay. He has prescription ibuprofen if needed.  Still flexing & bending those fingers and elevating it often.  

Happy Canada Day to our friends up north! 🇨🇦

Happy Fourth of July weekend to those celebrating it!🇺🇸 We have just our local kids & grandkids coming over for a cookout Monday and swimming since it’ll be a hot day.  We usually have a bigger group but just keeping it small this year, less work for both of us. 

• Like 13

3 hours ago, George C said:

We had a cat that caught a bird then did a meow and bird flew out of its mouth , took me a while to get the bird out of the house. 

I remember as a kid our  cat ran in the house and dropped a chipmunk off in the house.  That night mom let out a scream as the chipmunk ran across the bed.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

@Sea Dog  when you cruised from San Juan last year, did you spend any time there pre or post cruise?  If so, where did you stay and would you recommend it?  We are starting to look at details for our Voyager repositioning cruise later this year (Boston to San Juan).  On my list of hotels are the Decanter Hotel, Hotel CasaBlanca and El Convento, all in Old San Juan.  

• Like 1

@Momof3gurlz

Deb, Since usually we have a long flight with connection before any cruise, we choose to arrive 3-4 days before, to allow for "unexpected" delays.

Therefore, when looking at expenses, we have chosen the Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn in the Condado area, which is cheaper than OSJ.... We had a bus to OSJ at the corner for 0.75 cents pp, and it was nice traveling with locals.

Many restaurants in the area, and very pleasant to stroll in the evening. We were there 4 nights.

For one night, of course, splurge to be in OSJ 🙂

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks for all the kind words and well wishes for Andy.  

Trivia night was fun, it was great to get out for a bit and our team came in first place!  We won a $50 gift card that we applied to our snack/drink bill so all in all it was a great night.  

This morning he took the last of his Oxy & Toradol.  He’s just been taking extra strength Tylenol today and is doing okay. He has prescription ibuprofen if needed.  Still flexing & bending those fingers and elevating it often.  

Happy Canada Day to our friends up north! 🇨🇦

Happy Fourth of July weekend to those celebrating it!🇺🇸 We have just our local kids & grandkids coming over for a cookout Monday and swimming since it’ll be a hot day.  We usually have a bigger group but just keeping it small this year, less work for both of us. 

That is Great that you both had a fun night!      You both needed that.    

Laying around the pool doing nothing sounds perfect to me!     Maybe make 2 pitchers of Mojito's 😁    I made my simple syrup this afternoon and have it chilling to make my pitchers this weekend. 

Tonight we are grilling some chicken thighs and having Kraken with Peach juice (or is Peach Juice with Kraken?) with a splash of lime - very refreshing   

We had no luck in making the frozen dark n stormy with kraken down the shore.     Eric wants to experiment more this weekend with the mixture.

It is a hot one here today - 96 and muggy.     

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The blue is all changed over to a pale green which should intensify over the next few months. I'm not sure if it shows well in these pictures....

20220701_145805.thumb.jpg.40ba8d51c6a79455552272956ec6d306.jpg

20220701_145758.thumb.jpg.2ce7b138d44dfa36cb26fe666bbef6bb.jpg

I do see green in these photos.     Dani summed up perfect, she does have a certain aloofness about her. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

I don't expect to change (not everyone is meant to be a pet-owner/ parent), but it is evident how much you all love your pets!!

Allergies and asthma has kept us from pets.  My youngest daughter now has a standard poodle 🐩 and it has not caused any problems. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Wow...you guys are still going. 2,535 pages. Astounding. Haven't been on CC for a bit so figured this thread was still chugging away. Have to wonder....will this turn out to the longest ever on CC?  Will it go on for AS LONG as CC is even still here??!?!?!

Just start reading from about page 1,200 and it will give you an idea how much longer it will last. 🤔 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Sea Dog  when you cruised from San Juan last year, did you spend any time there pre or post cruise?  If so, where did you stay and would you recommend it?  We are starting to look at details for our Voyager repositioning cruise later this year (Boston to San Juan).  On my list of hotels are the Decanter Hotel, Hotel CasaBlanca and El Convento, all in Old San Juan.  

I really like the vibe of Il Convento. I haven't personally stayed there but have been to the courtyard at the hotel. For some reason the place has really grabbed my attention and it is a nice lication. I'd like to stay there sometime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Wow...you guys are still going. 2,535 pages. Astounding. Haven't been on CC for a bit so figured this thread was still chugging away. Have to wonder....will this turn out to the longest ever on CC?  Will it go on for AS LONG as CC is even still here??!?!?!

I hope so!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

To young for it to be the drink package effect.   😆 

Except for the woman in the white shirt and aqua pants. She was all over the place landing a punch when she could. 

• Haha 3

By the way, thanks to you guys, I surprised my husband last night while watching Jeopardy. 
The clue was asking what is in a Dark and Stormy besides ginger beer and I said “Rum, of course, preferably Kraken.”

Dick looked at me like I just dropped in from Mars. 
Then he said “Don’t tell me. Cruise Critic”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 25

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Jade has started using her cat tree.

20220701_141008.thumb.jpg.4037c1e0544c6f8eb71465bdfa79b51c.jpg

20220701_141002.thumb.jpg.60b61824bd62b890a7e7d87b710c63d2.jpg

Jade is beautiful. She looks relaxed and happy.

2 hours ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

I hope so. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ownedbypets said:
4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I can match your mice story.

I can match yours!  Woke up one night to hearing “Crunch, crunch, CRUNCH!!”  Our cat was eating a mouse in our bed!!😱. (Who knew little bitty mice were so crunchy?!)  I screamed and woke my husband up…he dealt with it.  Fast forward a few nights later…now she’s eating one on the floor beside our bed.  Woke George up again.  This time he went to use the WC before dealing with the midnight snack issue.  When he came back he asked me where the mouse was.  Seriously?!  Are you thinking I got up out of bed and dealt with a partially eaten mouse?!?!  The cat realized her snack was going to be taken away by a bully and she just swallowed it down.  We looked at the carpet…nary a scrap…

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

4 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I can match yours!  Woke up one night to hearing “Crunch, crunch, CRUNCH!!”  Our cat was eating a mouse in our bed!!😱. (Who knew little bitty mice were so crunchy?!)  I screamed and woke my husband up…he dealt with it.  Fast forward a few nights later…now she’s eating one on the floor beside our bed.  Woke George up again.  This time he went to use the WC before dealing with the midnight snack issue.  When he came back he asked me where the mouse was.  Seriously?!  Are you thinking I got up out of bed and dealt with a partially eaten mouse?!?!  The cat realized her snack was going to be taken away by a bully and she just swallowed it down.  We looked at the carpet…nary a scrap…

I was very surprised (grossed out) when I saw Sparky eat a whole bird (some feathers were left on the lawn).    I then read on google it can be good for them - bone marrow, etc.    Maybe eating a mouse is good??     I don't want to try one to find out 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We stayed at the Casa Blanca Hotel and absolutely loved it. It’s quaint, charming and has a lot of character. It’s in old San Juan which is a great area to stay since you can walk to most places. 

there is so much to do and see. The two forts were so interesting to see. Make sure you eat at Raices and Barrachina for authentic Puerto Rican food and Barrachina is the home of the original Pina colada.

You can also go to beaches or get a day pass at a nice beach resort. We had so much fun.

Here is the link to my review from last November that features some pictures from our stay in San Juan.

• Like 2