Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Ouch, Graham!  Are you considering getting a knee replacement after seeing the x-rays and talking to your doctor about them?

Such a beautiful song.  What Christmas is really all about.  Thank you for sharing, Greg!!!!

Our grandson Ryan just finished his Marching Band camp this Thursday, and we watched a video of the band performing.  The first football game is September 2nd, and we're pretty excited for him.  I never followed football before, but it's never too late to learn..lol!  

Doctor said as long as there is a slight gap they can inject steroids into the knee if I get any pain.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, George C said:

We luckily are under warranty it’s only a couple of years old .

I sure hope it gets fixed quickly!  Right after we bought the condo we are in now, the AC went on us.  Luckily we were there that November to go on a cruise.  The temp was well over 90's and very humid.  We had to wait over a week for the AC guys to come.  The AC was not even 5 years old, but we were told the warranty did not work for us, since we were not the original buyers of the unit.  It cost us well over $2,000 for the repair.  We went back to the Condo the following January, and had more problems with the AC.  More money, and we were told the part would need to be ordered.  We waited for a week or more and still no part.  Our neighbor 3 doors down had his AC guy at his place, and asked if we'd like him to check our AC out.  It turned out that our AC company that put the original ac into our unit had left some part out when they installed our AC.  We wound up using our neighbor's guy;  we trust him way more than the original company.  It costs us another $1,000 or so.  Long story short....For what we spent in repairs, we could've put a little more money into buying a whole new unit and had a warranty.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Doctor said as long as there is a slight gap they can inject steroids into the knee if I get any pain.

🤞Sounds good, Graham!

BTW    Happy Anniversary to you and Pauline on Monday!!!🥂🎉❤️🥂

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

🤞Sounds good, Graham!

BTW    Happy Anniversary to you and Pauline on Monday!!!🥂🎉❤️🥂

Thank you Maryann.

Pauline has to go to work on Monday but we will have a celebration meal with our Sarah on Tuesday.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm finishing up my Christmas music compilation mix right now. I'll start decorating day after Halloween since I love that holiday too.

Here is the video. This is the WCC Big Band that I played in about 10 years ago. We recorded a Christmas album. I set up a camera in the drum booth because I am picky about analyzing my playing looking for ways to improve. You will notice I'm looking a lot to the left. The camera does not show the chart I am reading. Yes drummers have sheet music too. The chart shows me all the brass rhythms that I will sometimes accent or do a fill as as a setup. 

I'll never forget the look on Capt. Lee's face after he was told the last two charters had cancelled. The was a real look of horror about the pandemic.

See above.

Captain Lee looked shocked but he was upset a few times during the last charter with the death of his son.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, George C said:

Our main a/c stopped working last night , just placed a call to get it repaired, will be 95 later , unit is just a couple years old , luckily our smaller unit for bedrooms is ok . 

Did you check to see if the condensate drain line is plugged?  Can't remember if I mentioned it here but our A/C stopped working a few weeks ago.  The condensate drain line had filled to the point where it reached a shut off switch, preventing the A/C from turning on (so that it doesn't blow condensate through the ductwork).  The guy who fixed it hooked up a shop vac to the end of the drain and sucked it out.  Simple fix.  A couple of times a year now, I pour a little bleach down the drain line to keep it clear.  Did we already talk about this??

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Here is the video. This is the WCC Big Band that I played in about 10 years ago. We recorded a Christmas album. I set up a camera in the drum booth because I am picky about analyzing my playing looking for ways to improve. You will notice I'm looking a lot to the left. The camera does not show the chart I am reading. Yes drummers have sheet music too. The chart shows me all the brass rhythms that I will sometimes accent or do a fill as as a setup. 

You've got talent!  If we ever form a Cruise Critic band, we know who our drummer will be.  Me?  I'll manage the lights and sound.  I'll leave the instruments to people with musical talent.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We ate dinner one night in playmakers on Oasis they do not have a kids menu but they were very nice and worked around the menu to offer grandson what he wanted. We sat on the large high table right next to the pool table and noticed water dripping from the ceiling onto the pool table right near the side pocket. A couple of minutes later water started dripping from the ceiling onto grandsons head luckily they had another table open we could move to. That water leak on the pool table had been going on for a while there was a lot of water on the green surface. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Did you check to see if the condensate drain line is plugged?  Can't remember if I mentioned it here but our A/C stopped working a few weeks ago.  The condensate drain line had filled to the point where it reached a shut off switch, preventing the A/C from turning on (so that it doesn't blow condensate through the ductwork).  The guy who fixed it hooked up a shop vac to the end of the drain and sucked it out.  Simple fix.  A couple of times a year now, I pour a little bleach down the drain line to keep it clear.  Did we already talk about this??

Took a/c guy two minutes to fix it some switch in attic tripped off , we have warranty and have someone check it twice yearly. No cost for visit.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm finishing up my Christmas music compilation mix right now. I'll start decorating day after Halloween since I love that holiday too.

I'll never forget the look on Capt. Lee's face after he was told the last two charters had cancelled. The was a real look of horror about the pandemic.

See above.

Very cool , I had a cousin that was a professional musician all his life had a couple albums. Played from the 1950’s was on cruise ships for a while , played bass but switched to electric violin because of back problems. In the movie Tootsie there is a scene in the Russian tea room and he is playing bass . 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, George C said:

We luckily are under warranty it’s only a couple of years old . We also have two a/c and smaller one is still working.

That's great. I'm sorry you having problems. I'm just waiting for ours to give out. It's the original when we had the house built 24 years ago. I'm amazed it has lasted this long.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Such a beautiful song.  What Christmas is really all about.  Thank you for sharing, Greg!!!!

Our grandson Ryan just finished his Marching Band camp this Thursday, and we watched a video of the band performing.  The first football game is September 2nd, and we're pretty excited for him.  I never followed football before, but it's never too late to learn..lol!  

You are welcome. I usually don't post videos of myself playing because I don't want to appear narcissistic and egotistical. The other thing is I'm very hard on myself and hate seeing mistakes that I make. But I do it to try and improve myself.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

That is wonderful,Greg.

Thanks Lenny

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Captain Lee looked shocked but he was upset a few times during the last charter with the death of his son.

Yes you could tell he is still affected by grief which is so understandable.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

You've got talent!  If we ever form a Cruise Critic band, we know who our drummer will be.  Me?  I'll manage the lights and sound.  I'll leave the instruments to people with musical talent.

Ha deal!!!!

30 minutes ago, George C said:

Very cool , I had a cousin that was a professional musician all his life had a couple albums. Played from the 1950’s was on cruise ships for a while , played bass but switched to electric violin because of back problems. In the movie Tootsie there is a scene in the Russian tea room and he is playing bass . 

How cool. What was his name? My best friend from high school who I had a band with still plays down at the Salty Dog Cafe in Hilton Head. He once did a stint on "Song of America" cruising around Hawaii.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's great. I'm sorry you having problems. I'm just waiting for ours to give out. It's the original when we had the house built 24 years ago. I'm amazed it has lasted this long.

You are welcome. I usually don't post videos of myself playing because I don't want to appear narcissistic and egotistical. The other thing is I'm very hard on myself and hate seeing mistakes that I make. But I do it to try and improve myself.

Thanks Lenny

Yes you could tell he is still affected by grief which is so understandable.

Ha deal!!!!

How cool. What was his name? My best friend from high school who I had a band with still plays down at the Salty Dog Cafe in Hilton Head. He once did a stint on "Song of America" cruising around Hawaii.

His name is Peter Compo , he passed away a few years ago.

Busy days ahead of our first time vacation abroad with the grandsons....

Our in-laws are currently renovating and updating their old three stories house, and moved in with our son and DIL 😕

It means that our son prefers to travel to us and spend here his days working, while we get to have "quality time" with our grandsons. Tiring and rewarding at the same time.

It also means that we have our in-laws for the WE lunch/dinner at our home.

Today DH preferred to cook an easy meal, which didn't necessitate many side dishes -- a salad and meat lasagna, followed by water melon and the rest of my fudge chocolate cake from the previous WE...

image.thumb.jpeg.f73fb78cca2df23ad1a2f798c64eef7c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ead2709686df2f47804de252f7b7829a.jpeg

• Like 21

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

The Hallmark channel had Christmas in July movie marathon.  And I'm pretty sure within the next 2 weeks, stores will put out Christmas decorations. So why not some Greensleves in August? 

When I got our Anniversary card in July the Hallmark Store already had their collectable Xmas ornaments out. 🤯

• Like 5

1 hour ago, George C said:

His name is Peter Compo , he passed away a few years ago.

Wow! I just looked him up and watched some of his you tube videos. What an incredible musician. I'm sorry he passed away. At least his music is here to stay forever.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Busy days ahead of our first time vacation abroad with the grandsons....

Our in-laws are currently renovating and updating their old three stories house, and moved in with our son and DIL 😕

It means that our son prefers to travel to us and spend here his days working, while we get to have "quality time" with our grandsons. Tiring and rewarding at the same time.

It also means that we have our in-laws for the WE lunch/dinner at our home.

Today DH preferred to cook an easy meal, which didn't necessitate many side dishes -- a salad and meat lasagna, followed by water melon and the rest of my fudge chocolate cake from the previous WE...

image.thumb.jpeg.f73fb78cca2df23ad1a2f798c64eef7c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ead2709686df2f47804de252f7b7829a.jpeg

Looks very tasty Dani.

Sounds like you are going to have a busy and lovely time with your grandsons.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you for sharing this!  Such a great song.  Do you still play?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taznremmy said:

Thank you for sharing this!  Such a great song.  Do you still play?

Not as much on drums but I still play a lot of keyboards in my studio. Playing drums all these years I have back problems and arthritis in my hands. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, taznremmy said:

So sorry to hear this.

Thanks. Yes I wish I could play more but look at it as an opportunity to work on my music where I do a lot of drum programming via keyboards and samples.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'd love to be part of the band. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, George C said:

Took a/c guy two minutes to fix it some switch in attic tripped off , we have warranty and have someone check it twice yearly. No cost for visit.

Excellent outcome.

Our a/c was playing up recently.  DH said we have to get someone in.  I said have you checked the manual?  He couldn’t find it. I usually keep all the manuals in one location but this one DH had kept and after hunting high and low couldn’t find it.  Then remembered reading somewhere that you can print them off the internet.  Mission accomplished.

First line of instructions for any issues - replace batteries in remote every year (aircon unit is 2 years old).  Replaced batteries and all good.  D’oh!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1