Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@aussielozzie18 My hubby enjoys watching the pelicans when we are in Florida.

Do you know the poem about pelicans ?

A wonderful bird is the pelican

His bill will hold more than his belly can

He can take in his beak

Food enough for a week

But I’m damned f I see how the helican.

This poem is attributed to Ogden Nash,but,apparently, it appeared in a Tennessee newspaper,written by its’ editor, Dixon Lanire Merritt- in 1910- according to an internet source.

Thank you for sharing the photos of beautiful places in Australia. It is always a treat to see them posted !

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 11

One of our cars was at the garage since Aug 2nd waiting for a shifter cable from mopar parts.   Finally arrived and got the car back yesterday.  Boy it is filthy from all the dust from their gravel parking lot.

I'm heading out now to wash cars.   Maybe it will rain after I wash them😁  we sure need some rain.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I Iike their music but I have no idea what the name signifies.

They played in Jacksonville a few weeks ago, along with the Gin Blossoms and Bare Naked Ladies.  We had friends go to the concert and said they had a great time.  90s flashback.

IMG_8960.thumb.jpg.184c5b7bcabe4fc18d53c5448fe0a56c.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How is your Daughter doing?  Have her sugar levels and BP gone back to normal after the birth of Beautiful Finnley?

DD is doing better.  She will have test done in a month to check her diabetes.   They are both worn out like new parents.   Yesterday her DH fell asleep on the couch with the dog next to him.  DD said he started snoring so bad that Millie got up, walked to the other side of the room and laid back down.  😆 

Finnley pasted her hearing test.  Her  bilirubin count is getting better. 

Last night they called at about 2am.  Finnley's temperature was up.  All better today.

• Like 18

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@aussielozzie18 My hubby enjoys watching the pelicans when we are in Florida.

Do you know the poem about pelicans ?

A wonderful bird is the pelican

His bill will hold more than his belly can

He can take in his beak

Food enough for a week

But I’m damned f I see how the helican.

This poem is attributed to Ogden Nash,but,apparently, it appeared in a Tennessee newspaper,written by its’ editor, Dixon Lanire Merritt- in 1910- according to an internet source.

Thank you for sharing the photos of beautiful places in Australia. It is always a treat to see them posted !

MJ🙋🏻

Thanks for sharing the poem.  Love it & pleased you enjoy my photos.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

They played in Jacksonville a few weeks ago, along with the Gin Blossoms and Bare Naked Ladies.  We had friends go to the concert and said they had a great time.  90s flashback.

The Gin Blossoms are giving a free concert in my area August 27.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My DD is loving the fact she has to do Telehealth appointments this year due to Covid.  Her GP is a young Englishman with a “sexy” accent. She seems to appreciate it more via phone.

I LOVE telehealth appointments because I don't have to be weighed.  They ASK what my weight is.  As if................

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The list is huge for unique band names and some of the spellings no matter the genre. 

Yes,most definitely.My friend Paul began playing guitar in his teens.He hoped to one day be in a band . He spent most of his life as a College Professor.When he retired he and his wife moved to Fla.They hired the best musicians and singers that they could find and formed a band .They play many genre’s of music of the 40’s to the 80’s.They appear in concert about 50 times a year,mainly in the Orlando area.

They are LADYZ and the BOYZ.If anyone is interested you can find them on You Tube.

• Like 1

Graham and Pauline  Happy anniversary

Lenny prayers and good thoughts for your successful surgery tomorrow

Andrew and Lisa, best wishes for your Mother/Mother in Law's homecoming

Hope all are well.

Take care

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

That sounds like a lot of fun.  Wish I had been there.