Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We headed to the beach earlier. 

image.thumb.png.cc37d5cd96435f479f63c85fc78a69a4.png

I like this mat that extended from the bridge. 

image.thumb.png.2fcac0f38bdded688729113f4423fc87.png

It was not crowded at all.   The sand here stays compact.   The plus side it that it's easy to walk on.

image.thumb.png.98f19d6edee2a1701ea741859fd9ced3.png

I couldn't see my screen so I took the above pic and hoped it was OK.  Nice thing is I was not looking at a screen very long today.

While out in the ocean we came across a bunch of very big sand dollars and some star fish.  After time in the ocean we went to the pool.  After the pool we spent a little time in the hot tub.  Later we are going to see if we can see some dolphins swimming around. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Two more blooms opened on the night blooming cereus last night, so I tried my hand at creating a time lapse.  I put a Canon Rebel T6 on a tripod and used the camera's wi-fi capabilities to connect it to the Canon Camera Connect app on my iPad.  I also aimed the light from an LED desk lamp at the flower so I would have consistent light.  I was hoping either the camera or the iPad app would have the ability to snap a picture periodically, but if they do, I couldn't find it.  It was very hot and muggy last night, and I didn't want to sit on the porch for a couple of hours, so I sat indoors and monitored the bloom's progress from the living room via the iPad.  When the flower started to open, I took a camera snapshot remotely every 5 minutes using the iPad.  Next time, I should buy a power cord for the camera, since I had to change the camera battery 3 times.  The camera position changed a little every time I did that.

So today my challenge was finding a way to convert 56 photos into a video.  I found instructions for using Photoshop (CS6), and was eventually able to create the video below.  It's certainly not professional quality, but you can see the transformation take place.  I'm sure there's an easier way (probably using my phone) to do what I did, but I have another year to figure it out before the plant blooms again.  

These five seconds represent a three-hour time period.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Yesterday morning, after more than 9 months, my friends from HS and me met again.

It was so hot outside, we sat in the airconditioned dining room... more than 5.5 hours of stories and keeping up 🙂

image.thumb.jpeg.b61333649bf1966084880280eb2b32b0.jpeg

What a lovely picture, Dani!  How great that you and your HS buddies were finally able to get to share your day together!🥰

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Today is Toby’s birthday.We will be celebrating this coming Sunday.

Happy Birthday wishes for Toby!!!🎂

17 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Dinner tonight. 

CEBEE053-FB24-45C1-9EF0-731AC9227606.thumb.jpeg.d6f46ea30e8e9c1242104b3327451f6b.jpeg

Grandson asked for some baby back ribs and some is Susan’s bacon ranch potatoes. 

Dinner looks delicious!

How is your daughter feeling?🙏💕

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Hope Toby has a wonderful day🎂

Thanks,Marietta.During a recent heavy rain the glass door to our deck did not keep the rain from coming in the house.The management of the condo told us that they would replace the window to the deck and also the window to our terrace.A window company came today.They were here 7 hours.That is how we spent the day.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Dani- Very pleased for you that you could have a lovely visit with your friends !

All of you look wonderful .

I have been close to three HS friends for over fifty years ( that number is amazing to me!).

None of us have sisters,so we have become sisters to each other.

Unfortunately, Covid and geography has kept us apart these past few years. One friend lives in Virginia,another moved recently to the upstate part of NY and one  friend lives about fifty miles away from me  here on Long Island. So, we rely on phone visits. Our conversations can go well over an hour.

I think it is a blessing that at our age, we have friends that knew us for most of our lives.. 

Thank you for sharing that happy photo!

MJ🙋🏻

I have been close friends to 3 high school friends for 64 years.One is a Surgeon,still practicing in NC ,one is a retired Chiropractor living in Oregon and the third is a retired movie Director in California.We are in contact by phone and e-mail and converse at least once a week.

• Like 4