Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Had a light meal before the movie last night at Grilld.  It’s licensed so I ordered a glass of wine.  Young waitress comes over very apologetic.  Manager is on a break off premises.  There is no-one on site over 18 to pour the wine (legal requirement).  I said no probs.  We had almost finished eating, wine not arrived. Son checks the traffic app and there is a 3 car pile up on the approach to the bridge we need to cross to get to the cinema.  Have to leave now.  Same time Manager appears very apologetic with wine.  What to do.  Son says I need to skull it.  Not happening.  We don’t want to wait around getting a refund.  So, i have an idea. I tip out my water bottle.  Pour the glass of wine in the water bottle and off we go.  Sipping the wine from the water bottle felt weird but at least the wine wasn’t wasted and thankfully the accident was quickly cleared (thankfully no injuries for it be cleared so quickly).

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I, also, love the flooring at your friend's home.

Funny you should mention it, Debbie. It's a very old apt, at least 50 years, and, at that time, this flooring was the "latest cry/trend"... Nowadays, it is considered very outdated....

So, Lichy's parents decided to update the windows, the AC and the bathrooms. It is a huge apt, which is not build like that anymore. Moreover, it is in a prime location, a mere 5 mins walk to the Tel Aviv University campus. People prefer to renovate instead of selling and moving to a similar 4 bed rooms apt, albeit much smaller and double price....

When we arrived we got the "tour" of the new "facilities", and I was kind of surprised that they opted to leave the flooring as is. Glad you like it 😘.

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

@dani negreanu How lucky you are to have so many good friends!!

Indeed, we are, but then, Israelis are very open and friendly people. Also, being a very small country, even when people finish their studies, and find work in another city, they'll always be one or two hours drive.

This 7 couples group consist mainly from guys and gurlz who were not "good enough" to enter med school in Israel, and studied together in Italy. All of them turned out to be excellent doctors, teaching med at Tel Aviv University (TAU)...

Last group pic just before Covid.

image.thumb.jpeg.22b31d15ead38c224edaf9f4758dbc46.jpeg

Another group of 5 couples was formed when we were relocated to Brussels. Turns out we all lived 10-15 mins walk from each other, in the same city... We all came back 1984-1986 and stick together since then. The beautiful gal standing behind me [at her son's wedding] even worked with me when we were both students at TAU, got married and relocated to Geneva, and, suddenly, was switched to Brussels, to my pleasant surprise...

image.jpeg.32bee814e5f098f6cf5c0b99f92019f9.jpeg

@Luckynana, Maryann, sorry the weather is not fully cooperating. Hopefully, you'll still have a great time.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Funny you should mention it, Debbie. It's a very old apt, at least 50 years, and, at that time, this flooring was the "latest cry/trend"... Nowadays, it is considered very outdated....

So, Lichy's parents decided to update the windows, the AC and the bathrooms. It is a huge apt, which is not build like that anymore. Moreover, it is in a prime location, a mere 5 mins walk to the Tel Aviv University campus. People prefer to renovate instead of selling and moving to a similar 4 bed rooms apt, albeit much smaller and double price....

When we arrived we got the "tour" of the new "facilities", and I was kind of surprised that they opted to leave the flooring as is. Glad you like it 😘.

Indeed, we are, but then, Israelis are very open and friendly people. Also, being a very small country, even when people finish their studies, and find work in another city, they'll always be one or two hours drive.

This 7 couples group consist mainly from guys and gurlz who were not "good enough" to enter med school in Israel, and studied together in Italy. All of them turned out to be excellent doctors, teaching med at Tel Aviv University (TAU)...

Last group pic just before Covid.

image.thumb.jpeg.22b31d15ead38c224edaf9f4758dbc46.jpeg

Another group of 5 couples was formed when we were relocated to Brussels. Turns out we all lived 10-15 mins walk from each other, in the same city... We all came back 1984-1986 and stick together since then. The beautiful gal standing behind me [at her son's wedding] even worked with me when we were both students at TAU, got married and relocated to Geneva, and, suddenly, was switched to Brussels, to my pleasant surprise...

image.jpeg.32bee814e5f098f6cf5c0b99f92019f9.jpeg

@Luckynana, Maryann, sorry the weather is not fully cooperating. Hopefully, you'll still have a great time.

Nice photos Dani.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds delicious.  I love butternut squash soup😀

Me too!

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Fun times with this kid😁D78AE43C-F1F4-4DD1-A6A0-11D69E241F15.thumb.jpeg.62fd92d9e039bed3bd1e39fb5581d1d9.jpeg

Cutie!  Marietta, dud your granddaughter make those cookies and cupcakes at a party?

34 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

Today is our 40th wedding 💑 anniversary.  Very dreary day here in Maryland esp since ravens lost again 😢 and the rain.

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!💕

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dbancroft said:

Today is our 40th wedding 💑 anniversary.  Very dreary day here in Maryland esp since ravens lost again 😢 and the rain.

Happy Anniversary wished to you today and cheers to you for many more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Me too!

Cutie!  Marietta, dud your granddaughter make those cookies and cupcakes at a party?

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!💕

They go to a bakery that lets them decorate the cookies and cupcakes.  She loves going there.

Have a lobster roll for me!!!!

Edited by DaniDanielle
  • Like 3

We traveled today to tend to my parent’s graves and to Susan’s parent’s graves.  While we were in that area, we did a small hike on the Pittsburgh to Erie Trail. 

32414164-7B48-4FB5-8B60-83B4C691C323.thumb.jpeg.3dabb6fde08652d312147e99e94e34d5.jpeg

The sky was blue, and the Allegheny River was calm today. 

9E2775AD-D7FD-40E6-8784-86CA99A56E67.thumb.jpeg.5f36fb4eed1abab443253c79ba285f61.jpeg

We did come across an old furnace that was in pretty good shape, but is getting overgrown with brush. 

259EFFD2-9EA4-4C44-B537-1A9851F1EF8A.thumb.jpeg.5d9bd754079255f3c870263a9a203fdc.jpeg

Wasn’t able to find any information about it, and was surprised there were no photos of it on the AllTrails app.  So I added it. 

We walked as far as the old gate, then turned around so I would get home in time to get work done at home. 

889A83C4-1FEF-4E43-81B9-A338C759AC3D.thumb.jpeg.fcb866ed11952b50b00124f8877203c4.jpeg

It was a beautiful day for a hike, and it was nice to enjoy the quiet walk. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2022 at 9:49 AM, ReneeFLL said:

Have a great long cruise. Why did it take so long to get to Miami? Due to Ian?

No, my flights were fine, both got in a skosh early, in fact.  

I had just been up for 36 hours because of my work schedule, packing, traveling to the airport, and then the actual flights. 

• Like 2

On 10/1/2022 at 12:10 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

This is going to be the longest Live Review that I have ever seen!  I hope you have a fun and safe adventure.   I am betting by the end of this, you will be able to meet at least one 😎 cool cruiser.  😆 see you in a few.

I thought we weren't meeting until January on Allure?

Oh, and regarding my hair color -- what would you call this: red, brown, blonde, or "all of the above"?

IMG_20221001_122200400.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1