Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Just found out Bella's sitters have had both their injections. 

They are both 70+, but say there's so much animosity for those that have had the shot, they aren't telling folks. 

What a strange world this has become

Yes it has.  My girlfriend actually cried when her friend got her an appointment to get vaccinated.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

I did not go through with the tooth extraction yesterday, due to not being able to mix antibiotics and getting the vaccine.  Not sure if that could be related, but seems they don't want to mix the drugs.  

And you still have a healthy tooth in your mouth. Sounds like a great outcome to me... except we don't get a picture if it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

One of the reasons I did not go through with the tooth extraction yesterday, due to not being able to mix antibiotics and getting the vaccine.  Not sure if that could be related, but seems they don't want to mix the drugs.  

Yes, it could.  Eric has the monoclonol antibody infusion for his covid.

I'm feeling much better today as our shipment of Black Cup coffee arrived yesterday.  I'm drinking the Bore Tide Blend right now.  Pretty good.  

Thank you for introducing this coffee to us 🤩

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dbancroft said:

Great pic but you stole our bowls. By the way the strawberries look really good

😁   😁  Not only those.... if you go to my very first post, you'll see other ones too... Corning are expensive here (may be in the States too?), so -- every "sale" I add one or two... they are very light and easy to handle.

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Those strawberries are huge!!

We're lucky to have a "strawberry field [forever]" in walking distance, fresh from the ground  😁 

• Like 4

On 2/8/2021 at 8:32 AM, bobmacliberty said:

Unfortunately, my BIL did not survive his stroke.  The family is devastated but is taking some solace that he is an organ donor and they have already found a match for his kidney in California.  They were able to see him in the hospital before he passed following strict rules.  Two people could visit for 15 minutes, followed by 2 more people for another 15 minutes, followed by 2 more people for an hour.  Not sure how they came up with that rule, but it let his immediate family and brother say their goodbyes.  Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

I am very sorry for your loss.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, island lady said:

One of the reasons I did not go through with the tooth extraction yesterday, due to not being able to mix antibiotics and getting the vaccine.  Not sure if that could be related, but seems they don't want to mix the drugs.  

It does sound a bit unlikely that vaccine and antibiotic would mix...  but it is just such and unknown.  My DH had his B12 shot appointment cancelled because it is 2 days before his second vaccine appointment.  I think that it sounds supercautious to the extreme, but no one wants to say ‘yes’ it will be OK. Easier to cancel than to say yes.  At least me and DH will have had both vaccine shots.  Me as I am a health worker and him because he is in his 60s.  

Our COVID rate has just gone down to under 100 today.  We spent all last year getting to about 60 and then moving down to single figures.  Then in November we had our first death and the rate shot up.  Over Christmas we reached 1200 active cases due to the perfect storm of black Friday shopping, half-term holidays, students returning from UK, Saturday before Christmas meals out and Christmas family celebrations.   COVID got into the care home and it was brutal.    We have been on the naughty step for a month, the death rate has slowed and we are finally down to double figures. 

Most people know of friends who have died or lost grandparents.  I think the community take it seriously.  We are just hoping that as we feel ‘phew that was bad but it is over’ that the rate does not go up again.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

My DH had his B12 shot appointment cancelled because it is 2 days before his second vaccine appointment.  I think that it sounds supercautious to the extreme, but no one wants to say ‘yes’ it will be OK.

We too were asked before getting the COVID vaccines if we were vaccinated with another vaccine in the last 2 weeks.

Better safe than sorry.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, it could.  Eric has the monoclonol antibody infusion for his covid.

I'm feeling much better today as our shipment of Black Cup coffee arrived yesterday.  I'm drinking the Bore Tide Blend right now.  Pretty good.  

Thank you for introducing this coffee to us 🤩

You are most welcome on the coffee!  Happy you like it!  Indeed the Bore Tide blend ended up being our favorite.  🙂 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

It does sound a bit unlikely that vaccine and antibiotic would mix...  but it is just such and unknown.  My DH had his B12 shot appointment cancelled because it is 2 days before his second vaccine appointment.  I think that it sounds supercautious to the extreme, but no one wants to say ‘yes’ it will be OK. Easier to cancel than to say yes.  At least me and DH will have had both vaccine shots.  Me as I am a health worker and him because he is in his 60s.  

Our COVID rate has just gone down to under 100 today.  We spent all last year getting to about 60 and then moving down to single figures.  Then in November we had our first death and the rate shot up.  Over Christmas we reached 1200 active cases due to the perfect storm of black Friday shopping, half-term holidays, students returning from UK, Saturday before Christmas meals out and Christmas family celebrations.   COVID got into the care home and it was brutal.    We have been on the naughty step for a month, the death rate has slowed and we are finally down to double figures. 

Most people know of friends who have died or lost grandparents.  I think the community take it seriously.  We are just hoping that as we feel ‘phew that was bad but it is over’ that the rate does not go up again.  

I got the same warning 2 months ago on taking antibiotics and getting a pneumonia shot.  Had to wait two weeks to get the shot since I was just coming off the antibiotics.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

So funny, my husband doesn’t want the phone to ring after 8pm either.  Is it a man thing? I think it is because that is when his precious TV shows come on😷

My phone is switched on 24/7.

Unless it is a junk/scam call I will answer.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

My phone is switched on 24/7.

Unless it is a junk/scam call I will answer.

Sometimes I answer the nuisance calls and just lead them on for a while.  I play gullible and ask stupid questions.  I figure if they’re busy with me they aren’t bothering someone else.  Of course, I usually just ignore them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My son does that.  My favorite is he tells them to give him their number and he will call them back!  They always  hang right up.

Good idea.

I have all my customers, family and friends numbers in my contacts list.

Usually the junk calls are mobile numbers so I answer in case a contact has changed their number and if it is a junk or scam call I am polite say no thanks then hang up.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

😁   😁  Not only those.... if you go to my very first post, you'll see other ones too... Corning are expensive here (may be in the States too?), so -- every "sale" I add one or two... they are very light and easy to handle.

We're lucky to have a "strawberry field [forever]" in walking distance, fresh from the ground  😁 

I have several pieces of corningware and yes, it is light and easy to handle as well as easy to clean too.  I'm not positive, but I think they stopped making it many years ago.   

Beautiful strawberries.   I love strawberries like you love raspberries.    

Hope they enjoy 😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ATG said:

Sometimes I answer the nuisance calls and just lead them on for a while.  I play gullible and ask stupid questions.  I figure if they’re busy with me they aren’t bothering someone else.  Of course, I usually just ignore them.

That's funny, I will have to try that.