Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I forgot to mention, I had my annual physical today.  Got a clean bill of health. Weeks of preparing my "fake body" paid off as all my numbers were good.  I can now go back to my regular overindulget self. Celebrated by going out to breakfast - ham & cheese omelet,  buttered toast, fried potatoes and not pictured 2 sausage links & 7 strips of bacon. 

20221020_135031.thumb.jpg.f29fb62bb66f5336143270d115c02aa6.jpg

But, still trying to keep somewhat healthy,  took a 5 mile walk on a rails-to-trail bike path. 

20221020_151523.thumb.jpg.7617fc696fa822fb8a563f86ded9b44a.jpg

20221020_153105.thumb.jpg.9082695619c62b0abe93720883331db4.jpg

• Like 17

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

I forgot to mention, I had my annual physical today.  Got a clean bill of health. Weeks of preparing my "fake body" paid off as all my numbers were good.  I can now go back to my regular overindulget self. Celebrated by going out to breakfast - ham & cheese omelet,  buttered toast, fried potatoes and not pictured 2 sausage links & 7 strips of bacon. 

But, still trying to keep somewhat healthy,  took a 5 mile walk on a rails-to-trail bike path. 

Congratulations on passing your physical.   Your celebratory breakfast looks yummy😃 and looks like you had perfect weather for your walk.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations on passing your physical.   Your celebratory breakfast looks yummy😃 and looks like you had perfect weather for your walk.    

Thank you. Perfect day for a walk. Cool enough to not work up a sweat but warm enough to not need bulky clothing. 

• Like 4

As for sleep, I might be in bed for 7 or 8 hours but only  get between 4.5 - 5.5 hours per night. I'm a light sleeper so I'll wake up often - bathroom breaks, neighbors loud dog bark late at night or in the pre-dawn hours, loud crows at sunrise, etc. 

Sometimes I'll take Zquil, which is Nyquil without the cough medicine, to get a more solid, uninterrupted sleep. But still less than 7 hours and I usually feel groggy the next morning. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm sorry to hear Rock Legend

Jerry Lee Lewis has died today.

Graham.

In 1956 he recorded Great Balls Of Fire.Rolling Stone Magazine rates it as the 96th.best song of all time.I remember when I first heard the song on the radio.He had great energy and that energy was felt by everyone when they heard that song.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Congrats on your clean bill of health!  The middle picture looks like Rockland Lake where i used to walk at least once/twice a week weather permitting.  Beautiful and tranquil.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you. Perfect day for a walk. Cool enough to not work up a sweat but warm enough to not need bulky clothing. 

I went for a nice walk around the neighborhood tonight.  Like you, we have a nice crisp fall day.  But still sad as I am a summer girl.  

Walked by our local elementary school and wish I had phone with me to take photos.   Huge Halloween party in the parking with kiddos in a parade.   

We had Halloween parades in the hallway in my elementary, nothing like the party they were having tonight.   Looked like lots of fun🎃

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have never once eaten a breakfast like that ,amazing.

You don't know what you are missing. And I ate it at the diner across the street from the doctors office. lol. 

Truth: It was a belly-bomber. Tasted so good but by the time I was done, I regretted it. I was full for the rest of the day. Dinner was a yogurt.

48 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Congrats on your clean bill of health!  The middle picture looks like Rockland Lake where i used to walk at least once/twice a week weather permitting.  Beautiful and tranquil.

Yes, it does! It's not but now that you mention it, I can see the resemblance. Rockland Lake is as traquil as you remember it.  I still go there a few times a year when in the neighborhood. Most people don't realize there is a small cemetery within the boundary of the park and I have relatives buried here.   Very serene.

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I went for a nice walk around the neighborhood tonight.  Like you, we have a nice crisp fall day.  But still sad as I am a summer girl.  

I always say that I love 4 seasons of equal length  (hence, why I love the area where I live) but truth is, I'm most sad when summer is over. I love the fall and adjust quickly but that first week of wearing long-sleeve shirts, jackets heavy jeans, socks AND shoes is brutal. LOL

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I always say that I love 4 seasons of equal length  (hence, why I love the area where I live) but truth is, I'm most sad when summer is over. I love the fall and adjust quickly but that first week of wearing long-sleeve shirts, jackets heavy jeans, socks AND shoes is brutal. LOL

EXACTLY!!!  I always say I love the change of seasons and being able to go to shore or the mountains or city whenever in the mood but you are so right I'm do sad when I cannot wear flip flops all the time and have to put on cold weather clothes.

We need to get back to LBI soon.   We were going to go the other week then I had covid now we have to be home for new fridge tomorrow.    Hopefully next weekend will be nice and we go then to deep clean our house from summer/fall renters.  And some nice walks on beach and bike rides around beach haven. 

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

You don't know what you are missing. And I ate it at the diner across the street from the doctors office. lol. 

Truth: It was a belly-bomber. Tasted so good but by the time I was done, I regretted it. I was full for the rest of the day. Dinner was a yogurt.

Yes, it does! It's not but now that you mention it, I can see the resemblance. Rockland Lake is as traquil as you remember it.  I still go there a few times a year when in the neighborhood. Most people don't realize there is a small cemetery within the boundary of the park and I have relatives buried here.   Very serene.

My breakfast every day consists of a cup of biked water with the juice of 1/2 lemon.Two slices of whole wheat toast with a nut butter ,a cup of herbal tea.On Tuesdays and Fridays I have 1/3 cup of a sorbet .On Saturdays one slice of my bread has all natural no salt added peanut butter.

17 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

My favorite season had always been summer,the hotter the better.Currently I prefer Spring .Next week it is predicted to be 67 degrees on Thursday .

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We need to get back to LBI soon.   We were going to go the other week then I had covid now we have to be home for new fridge tomorrow.    Hopefully next weekend will be nice and we go then to deep clean our house from summer/fall renters.  And some nice walks on beach and bike rides around beach haven. 

The 10 day forecast is looking good. Highs in the high 60's, plenty of sun.  Downright tropical for our Canadian friends and @Ocean Boy  🙂😉

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

YES, now 3 to 5.  Go Phillies😃

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Although I have many connections to Philadelphia ,as a METS fan I am rooting for Houston.

Debbie says :BOO

I was reading an article about how this World Series is a nightmare for New Yorkers. Funniest line: When asking any Yankee or Met fan who they are rooting for, the answer is "Rain". 🤣🤣🤣

Go Phillies!  I'm a sore loser. lol

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Several plans in the works for our weekend in NYC: Tavern on the Green, Central Park, Keen’s steakhouse, 9/11 Memorial, Brooklyn, Meatpacking district

Sounds like a great itinerary for a long weekend.  I'd be interested on your thoughts on Keen's steakhouse. I've never been but its' on my bucket list as I'm a carnivore.  Peter Luger in Brooklyn or Gallagher's are the usual gold standards of NYC steakhouses. 

Across the street from Keens is a Irish sports bar called The Keg Room, one of my pre-game, post-game watering holes when attending NY Ranger games. 🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I was reading an article about how this World Series is a nightmare for New Yorkers. Funniest line: When asking any Yankee or Met fan who they are rooting for, the answer is "Rain". 🤣🤣🤣

Go Phillies!  I'm a sore loser. lol

I have to root for a team if I choose to watch a WS.I had two very close friends who relocated from Brooklyn to a Houston suburb.

Over the years some really bad during the season players played great in the WS and conversely  Verlander who will be a first ballot Hall of Fame pitcher does lousy in the WS.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My breakfast every day consists of a cup of biked water with the juice of 1/2 lemon.Two slices of whole wheat toast with a nut butter ,a cup of herbal tea.On Tuesdays and Fridays I have 1/3 cup of a sorbet .On Saturdays one slice of my bread has all natural no salt added peanut butter.

Most of time my breakfast is not that extravagant. At home, usually it's a bowl of cereal or a English muffin with jelly.  But put me in a diner and I'm all about the Lumberjack Special or the HungryMan Plate.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, singinalot said:

given all the luggage concerns with airlines, I got us these air tags on sale this week

71AE8C85-A03B-445C-828C-13F03EED734D.thumb.jpeg.5ac8de068cef77f4e436333ccaa08fe1.jpeg

We fly Delta nonstop to La Guardia next Friday 🤞 Several plans in the works for our weekend in NYC: Tavern on the Green, Central Park, Keen’s steakhouse, 9/11 Memorial, Brooklyn, Meatpacking district

got the hair done today for the tripE06F56E3-5628-40ED-AF81-20DA147045CA.thumb.jpeg.a2f4d1e19a69b31c1a2cda82b7a9f343.jpeg

and finally, tonight’s sunset

IMG_8961.MOV

Have a fabulous time in my old hometown.  Katz's deli isn't on your itinerary?  I hope you'll be able to post a few thoughts when you return.

• Like 2