Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

It was great to see one of my favorite ex-Yankees, David Robertson - one of the 2017 victims - get the save last night.  Oh, and coming back from being down 5-0 against one of the greatest pitchers (Verlander) was also satisfying.

The question is why a definite first ballot HOF pitcher cannot pitch well in World Series games.It could be psychological.

4 hours ago, George C said:

We love Gallagher’s and normally have a nite cap there every evening we are in NYC it is only a couple blocks from the michealanglo which is our favorite hotel. Another cool bar Is Sardi’s on the second floor . Peking duck house in Chinatown is also really nice used to see mayor Koch there many times. 9/11 museum is a must . Another interesting place in Ellen’s stardust diner which is a block from Gallagher’s and it’s staff is out of work singers who sing and dance on tables . So many restaurants and things to do . Trinity church a few blocks from 9/11 museum has a cemetery with some famous people from the revolution including Alexander Hamilton.

Peking Duck House served great Fried Ice Cream when I often dined there in the 80’s.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had a dream last night that the Phillies won game 2.

I had a dream this morning that our car broke down and we had to figure out how to get our car towed.  I woke up and didn't have to worry about it. 

BTW, 7 hours of sleep last night.  I usually get between 7-9 hours.  Rare I get 6-10 hours. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

couple years ago we bought a 65" LG Oled for our Basement, My wife thought it was to small down there so we took it back and bought a 75"  LG Nano Cell that we thought really was just as nice as picture as the OLED but ALOT cheaper...........But really it was a small sample time since we only had the OLED for about 10 days.

Probably was the small sample time. Also what you watch and how you set it up for what you are watching. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Same for me. At least once a year, I research going only with streaming services and it seems Comcast has it priced so that the Internet-only package would be $30 less than my current cable TV package.  So I end up keeping it for sports, local news and watching AMC and occasional TBS shows.

I have NetFlix, Prime and just acquired HBO Max, all of which account for 80% of my TV watching. 

We have Netflix,Prime ,HBO Max and I very rarely watch regular TV-only for sports,reality shows and News.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George C said:

We love Gallagher’s and normally have a nite cap there every evening we are in NYC it is only a couple blocks from the michealanglo which is our favorite hotel. Another cool bar Is Sardi’s on the second floor . Peking duck house in Chinatown is also really nice used to see mayor Koch there many times. 9/11 museum is a must . Another interesting place in Ellen’s stardust diner which is a block from Gallagher’s and it’s staff is out of work singers who sing and dance on tables . So many restaurants and things to do . Trinity church a few blocks from 9/11 museum has a cemetery with some famous people from the revolution including Alexander Hamilton.

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It's official! I am now a member of the big boys club and can eat at the adults table. Thank you Royal double points promotion. Gold to Diamond in 5 cruises.

522666495_RoyalCaribbeanCA.thumb.jpg.feb6c725535cc79ec8f74c1ae942dd57.jpg

Congratulations !! 

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I've always enjoyed going the Ellen's Stardust diner.  Just need to budget plenty of time as the staff will spend just as much time singing and dancing as they do serving food.  But it's to be experienced.

Ellen’s Stardust Diner is in our list for lunch.  I’ll take any other recommendations in case the wait is too long.   

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Yikes! I didn't realize that. I have tickets to the Ranger/Red Wings game that day. It's a 5 pm game but I'm sure there will still be plenty of left over chaos.

I'll need to budget extra time or talk with my nephew about putting them up for sale. But that;s doubtful.

My younger daughter runs in Marathons all over the world including the New York Marathon but she is skipping it this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Could never figure out why Samsung thought they could make refrigerators, reviews for them usually aren't good.

Looking to buy a 85 inch Samsung Tv for our remodel, feel we need a bigger set since we will probably be watching some now from the New Island while eating.

Anyone have one of those new mini- led sets, suppose to be nice and bright. Feel our opened up new room will be plenty bright during the day and this kind of set would be great for the area.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-85-class-qn90b-neo-qled-4k-smart-tizen-tv/6500631.p?skuId=6500631

I use a C-pap and you are correct you get a much better nights sleep with it. My Wife appreciates it too since there is no snoring when using the C-pap.

I used a C-pap for many years and was told that I did not snore .

• Like 1

Not sure this is the place to ask but I'll give it a shot.

When I book showtimes, check in times, etc., do I book everything on my RCI app for both Jack and myself?  Our Feb. cruise is the first time we have to use the app to book "stuff".

Can you book shows (ice, nightclub) before boarding or is this only on Oasis class?

This is the place I know I'll get good advice/answers.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I had a dream this morning that our car broke down and we had to figure out how to get our car towed.  I woke up and didn't have to worry about it. 

BTW, 7 hours of sleep last night.  I usually get between 7-9 hours.  Rare I get 6-10 hours. 

I watched the entire game then shut off the TV.I went to sleep at 1:15 and woke up at 7:00.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Congratulations !! 

Ellen’s Stardust Diner is in our list for lunch.  I’ll take any other recommendations in case the wait is too long.   

Wait for lunch shouldn’t be that bad, but if you want some excellent Italian food at a reasonable price do Becco’s on 46st between 8 and 9th they have a great all you can eat pasta special with 3 different kinds of pasta and a reasonable wine list , we normally go there twice on each visit to New York, this is located on restaurant row which has over a dozen different restaurants and clubs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Yikes! I didn't realize that. I have tickets to the Ranger/Red Wings game that day. It's a 5 pm game but I'm sure there will still be plenty of left over chaos.

I'll need to budget extra time or talk with my nephew about putting them up for sale. But that;s doubtful.

Did you ever do a River Rose Paddlewheel cruise from Newburgh ? We did one several years ago .

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It's official! I am now a member of the big boys club and can eat at the adults table. Thank you Royal double points promotion. Gold to Diamond in 5 cruises.

522666495_RoyalCaribbeanCA.thumb.jpg.feb6c725535cc79ec8f74c1ae942dd57.jpg

Congratulations.  While the access to the lounge is nice, and free drinks are real nice, the big advantage to the higher level is access to the Concierge.  Any problem , big or small, if it can be fixed, the concierge is the go to for a solution. The concierge is part of the guest services staff, so he/she can do most of the things the desk can do. Just ask.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Not sure this is the place to ask but I'll give it a shot.

When I book showtimes, check in times, etc., do I book everything on my RCI app for both Jack and myself?  Our Feb. cruise is the first time we have to use the app to book "stuff".

Can you book shows (ice, nightclub) before boarding or is this only on Oasis class?

This is the place I know I'll get good advice/answers.

You wont need to book a thing for your Feb cruise since its on Adventure.  No reservations required with possibly the excveption of the ice show.

• Like 4

On 10/26/2022 at 9:54 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, I still have no idea what the right answer will be when the time comes. Part of my problem is I love what I do. I am in private practice (yes, the tail end of the old generation of physicians) and doing what I always wanted to do since I was, maybe, 10 years old. I have a practice that I started from scratch. And I don't know how I would give it up.

Your patients will be heartbroken when you do retire. So hang on as long as you can do a great job for them, and you feel fulfilled  by doing it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2022 at 2:35 AM, Coralc said:

We had our flu shots yesterday. And until you mentioned it, I had totally forgotten. I probably still have a bandaid on. I will have to remember to take it off tonight or tomorrow before I shower. 😋

We both forgot we had gotten our flu shots till my bandaid came off on the shower and I mentioned it. 
no after effects at all!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

This is awesome and makes me happy! Thank you so much. I hope you enjoyed the cocktail as much as I did. Isn't Norvo the best?

I did like it!  

And it was so sweet how excited he got when I mentioned your name!  I'm always amazed at the employees that remember people from one cruise to another.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You wont need to book a thing for your Feb cruise since its on Adventure.  No reservations required with possibly the excveption of the ice show.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

On Oasis and Quantum class where reservations are required you have to wait until you board to make reservations through the app.

Thanks, Ken!  What about check in time?  Is that on Adventure as well as Oasis and can I do that with just my app for both of us?  I'm excited to see the new Galveston terminal.

I started a roll call almost 2 weeks ago, for our Adventure cruise in Feb and only one person responded. 🤣

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks, Ken!  What about check in time?  Is that on Adventure as well as Oasis and can I do that with just my app for both of us?  I'm excited to see the new Galveston terminal.

I started a roll call almost 2 weeks ago, for our Adventure cruise in Feb and only one person responded. 🤣

Yes, check in times are fleetwide.  Check in on line the day they open and get an early time. 

Yes. On the app for both 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Is it just me, I guess I not into fine dining when the portions look like Child's Plates.

Depends. Some fine dining places give you so many small, children portions that you'll be stuffed by the time the check comes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

couple years ago we bought a 65" LG Oled for our Basement, My wife thought it was to small down there so we took it back and bought a 75"  LG Nano Cell that we thought really was just as nice as picture as the OLED but ALOT cheaper...........But really it was a small sample time since we only had the OLED for about 10 days.

I also have a LG Nano cell 55-inche & agree, I couldn't tell the difference in picture quality from the OLED in the Best Buy showroom, side-by-side.

But then again, my eyes are not as sharp as they used to be so it could just be me.

• Like 3