Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The question is why a definite first ballot HOF pitcher cannot pitch well in World Series games.It could be psychological.

In all fairness, some of his WS loses have been due to lack of run support, losing 2-1 or 1-0 or the bullpen blows a late lead and he gets a no-decision.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, George C said:

Wait for lunch shouldn’t be that bad, but if you want some excellent Italian food at a reasonable price do Becco’s on 46st between 8 and 9th they have a great all you can eat pasta special with 3 different kinds of pasta and a reasonable wine list , we normally go there twice on each visit to New York, this is located on restaurant row which has over a dozen different restaurants and clubs.

Agreed, restaurant row (46th street) has a place for every palate and price point.

http://www.restaurantrownyc.com/

A few other options, Virgils Real BBQ has pretty good food, for a Northern city and  Havana Central for latin food. Dos Caminos for Mexican has been good in the past.

• Thanks 1

Our new fridge arrived around 11 am.   They were very rude delivery guys.   Chip some shoe molding bringing it in.  Then rubbed against a wall and didn't even take the plastic wrap off.   They almost left without plugging it in.   I had them pull back out, plug in then straighten.   No tip for them!    

We got a GE fridge.   I really liked a Whirlpool but that was the one out of stock for 2 to 3 weeks.   

I have heard of many complaints with Samsung refrigerators specifically their ice makers.   

Busy day in the yard doing leaves and trimming rose bushes.   Tomorrow we will do neighbors leaves.

I spent a fortune at food store restocking new fridge while Eric went to liquor store restocking our liquor cabinet.  All set to watch Phillies with a pitcher of rum punch chilling in new fridge.😀

• Like 17

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Agreed, restaurant row (46th street) has a place for every palate and price point.

http://www.restaurantrownyc.com/

A few other options, Virgils Real BBQ has pretty good food, for a Northern city and  Havana Central for latin food. Dos Caminos for Mexican has been good in the past.

New York City has great food , but BBQ isn’t one of them , Virgil’s is ok , I have lived in Texas too long .

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I did not know that you can do that on the phone and get notified by your watch. What setting do you turn on to notify? I did a blunder on Liberty last week. Had my phone on the bar at R-bar and then got up to leave. I was walking down the hallway to my cabin when I felt my pocket and there was no phone. I panicked and ran down to the bar. The bartender smiled and said I knew you would be back I watched over it for you. Whew! I would hate to lose a brand new iPhone .

I didn't do anything specific to turn on the iPhone left behind notification.  I only recently started wearing my Apple Watch while playing golf, so maybe it's been turned on the whole time and I just never noticed.  If you go to the Find My app and touch Devices on the bottom of the screen, you'll see various Apple devices listed.  Touch your iPhone to see your notification settings.  For me, there's a section called "Notify When Left Behind" that says Enabled for your Apple Watch. 

This web site may help you get set up.  Looks like you can also define locations where you will not be notified, e.g., your house if the phone is in one room and you're in another.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, George C said:

New York City has great food , but BBQ isn’t one of them , Virgil’s is ok , I have lived in Texas too long .

Agreed, hence my qualifier "for a Northern city".

My trips to Texas has ruined  Mexican and BBQ food for me forever, as I can not get anything close here to as good as it tastes down there, Texas, Tennessee, etc. 🙁

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I didn't do anything specific to turn on the iPhone left behind notification.  I only recently started wearing my Apple Watch while playing golf, so maybe it's been turned on the whole time and I just never noticed.  If you go to the Find My app and touch Devices on the bottom of the screen, you'll see various Apple devices listed.  Touch your iPhone to see your notification settings.  For me, there's a section called "Notify When Left Behind" that says Enabled for your Apple Watch. 

This web site may help you get set up.  Looks like you can also define locations where you will not be notified, e.g., your house if the phone is in one room and you're in another.  

Thanks Bob. I got it figured out. I just need to try it out and see how well it works. Unfortunately it did not work on the ship.

7 hours ago, Paul from Maryland said:

Our previous refrigerator was a Samsung.  The water from a defrost cycle would drain down behind the interior back panel.  But it would freeze up and then we'd find water under the produce bin.  Our favorite appliance guy installed an update kit that was supposed to fix the problem but it didn't.  

The Samsung was otherwise working, but after ten years we decided to replace it.  The appliance guy recommended Whirlpool.  We're on year 3 with the Whirlpool and it works fine.  We bought one that has the regular ice maker but also has an ice maker in the bottom freezer section.  We use a lot of ice...and we love having two ice makers.

We have a Whirlpool and haven't been as lucky as you. Ours stopped dispensing ice about 3 weeks ago and then stopped making ice before the repairman got here. He said it was a design flaw with wiring going from the freezer to the door. Every time the door is opened the wires are pulled and eventually break. Repairing the wires is a temp fix and a new door is the best solution. About $1000. It's 14 months old. I called Whirlpool and they were nice to offer a one time courtesy repair. Our new door will be here in 8-10 weeks. It is shipped directly to us and then we call for an appointment to have it installed. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

We have a Whirlpool and haven't been as lucky as you. Ours stopped dispensing ice about 3 weeks ago and then stopped making ice before the repairman got here. He said it was a design flaw with wiring going from the freezer to the door. Every time the door is opened the wires are pulled and eventually break. Repairing the wires is a temp fix and a new door is the best solution. About $1000. It's 14 months old. I called Whirlpool and they were nice to offer a one time courtesy repair. Our new door will be here in 8-10 weeks. It is shipped directly to us and then we call for an appointment to have it installed. 

We had same exact problem with our whirlpool fridge, ice maker not working, but we bought a service agreement with Best Buy that if they couldn’t fix it in 30 days we would get a new fridge, which we did . Now compressor is failing new one is 5 years old an warranty ended last month. Will not get another whirlpool.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Busy day in the yard doing leaves and trimming rose bushes.   Tomorrow we will do neighbors leaves.

Sounds a little like my day, yesterday and today.  Blew all my leaves into piles, then did my elderly neighbor’s leaves yesterday. This morning, finished bagging leaves for this week.  60 bags this week

793C02AC-AB80-4A0A-A682-1FE6F9184424.thumb.jpeg.1cb5ed97b1688ac42f9d34d298d21955.jpeg

Two football games today also.  Grandson’s team had their second loss.  Next week is the playoffs. 

Also watching our granddaughter cheerleading for her football team (next level up from grandson’s).  They went undefeated. 

• Like 11

On 10/26/2022 at 9:54 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, I still have no idea what the right answer will be when the time comes. Part of my problem is I love what I do. I am in private practice (yes, the tail end of the old generation of physicians) and doing what I always wanted to do since I was, maybe, 10 years old. I have a practice that I started from scratch. And I don't know how I would give it up.

I had a doctor who is still working at age 90.He stopped his practice at age 82 to become a medical consultant but missed treating his patients and resumed his practice.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Agreed, hence my qualifier "for a Northern city".

My trips to Texas has ruined  Mexican and BBQ food for me forever, as I can not get anything close here to as good as it tastes down there, Texas, Tennessee, etc. 🙁

A friend now living in NM believes that the best BBQ restaurants are there.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Our new fridge arrived around 11 am.   They were very rude delivery guys.   Chip some shoe molding bringing it in.  Then rubbed against a wall and didn't even take the plastic wrap off.   They almost left without plugging it in.   I had them pull back out, plug in then straighten.   No tip for them!    

We got a GE fridge.   I really liked a Whirlpool but that was the one out of stock for 2 to 3 weeks.   

I have heard of many complaints with Samsung refrigerators specifically their ice makers.   

I spent a fortune at food store restocking new fridge while Eric went to liquor store restocking our liquor cabinet.  All set to watch Phillies with a pitcher of rum punch chilling in new fridge.😀

Shame about the poor delivery.  I hope the GE works out for you.  Middle DD has all GE and loves them.  Food & liquor stocked 👍!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, check in times are fleetwide.  Check in on line the day they open and get an early time. 

Yes. On the app for both 

Thanks again.  I just knew you would have answers.

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Depends. Some fine dining places give you so many small, children portions that you'll be stuffed by the time the check comes.

We once went to the Blauvelt diner with my sister and her family.  My nephew who was approx. 15 at the time ordered fried chicken.  When the plate was put in front of him it had tiny pieces of chicken, each about 2 inches small.  My sister told the waitress that her son didn't order pigeon.  

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

My NYE cruise roll call is dead. 

Maybe people don't post on roll calls anymore because there aren't Meet and Mingles anymore?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

We had same exact problem with our whirlpool fridge, ice maker not working, but we bought a service agreement with Best Buy that if they couldn’t fix it in 30 days we would get a new fridge, which we did . Now compressor is failing new one is 5 years old an warranty ended last month. Will not get another whirlpool.

Sounds like it was a good thing the Whirlpool we wanted was out of stock.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We are an hour late and still haven't left yet. Doesn't seem like the engines are on. 🤷‍♀️ They have been calling 2 people. If we don't leave soon it's going to be to dark for the video. 

20221029_184209.thumb.jpg.71317bf9296961663bad9f780e497467.jpg

It is generally lit up enough at night to still be able to take pictures.  I was able with my Iphone in 2018 when we departed.  

• Like 1