Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Awesome stuff. Thank you for doing this. While it’s not foolproof, kids involved in high  school sports are at substantially lower risk of drug addiction. They also tend to have higher graduation rates than the population at large. What you do helps build the next generation. 

As much as I enjoy football I view it more as a vehicle for helping young boys make the transition to young men. If you think about it, the lessons you are taught to be successful playing a sport are the same ones it takes to be successful at life.... Set a goal, study your opponent, make a game plan and practice it, and then execute it. Enjoy the victories and learn when you come up short. And above all respect your opponent and win with grace because in order for you to win someone had to loose. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Awesome picture.  Brings a lump to my throat seeing my hometown so beautifully displayed especially with the Statue of Liberty in front.

Ditto!  Although my hometown was across the river in NJ 😆

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

As much as I enjoy football I view it more as a vehicle for helping young boys make the transition to young men. If you think about it, the lessons you are taught to be successful playing a sport are the same ones it takes to be successful at life.... Set a goal, study your opponent, make a game plan and practice it, and then execute it. Enjoy the victories and learn when you come up short. And above all respect your opponent and win with grace because in order for you to win someone had to loose. 

Don’t sell yourself short.  The support, the advice, the sympathetic ear and especially the example you’re setting all play a big part as well. 
I think what you do and what @Tree_skierdoes (at least what I think he does from what he’s mentioned about his work) is so commendable.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Y’all, I had lower expectations on this short cruise on Adventure since it’s a somewhat older, smaller ship. But this ship is immaculate and beautiful and we are having such a great time together! 

I LOVE these old-school fancy dining rooms.D3BE4C19-7295-4570-9210-5AE1D7AA1D76.thumb.jpeg.514dcf7aa0a095f4afbe18d90c657776.jpeg

F3EF57DD-8D89-449B-AF49-11031D897E3F.thumb.jpeg.66bfbdd779ce6357df19882b8b27be5e.jpeg

36FA8930-49D6-4BBC-8AD6-D6459F46E9A9.thumb.jpeg.168c8e548bc663df299c70aae0836162.jpeg

A7DF2178-6F7F-452A-AFE7-D6835C6518C2.thumb.jpeg.f6e68e0f410b2164eb065bdfba9e99e5.jpeg

B89102F0-4E1B-4098-B241-51728B603429.thumb.jpeg.e406d1e4ae0b950f308822e2fa5ad1bf.jpeg

2101E0F1-0961-4AE6-9779-756CB18015DC.thumb.jpeg.a1272cd124920ba1608d81aed2ea4db7.jpeg

904A082E-9935-4728-AE5D-BE273C9E34AC.thumb.jpeg.0e74826d22a9afe87c9292b32781a310.jpeg

5FD97C65-BA03-46AA-B5BA-70AE7634B3F1.thumb.jpeg.d311ec19518606b0b2961d70dd9b95a4.jpeg

Lovely family photos Bethany.

Graham.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So as the school district physician part of my responsibilities is providing medical coverage at home football games.  What I actually do is cover home games, climb on school busses and travel with them to away games because I don't trust anyone else to help them if they get hurt and I don't want them to have to deal with a stranger, go to practices, tape them up prior to games, help them recover from their injuries, watch game films with them, go to lifting workouts, and be their ear for them when they they feel like bi!ching about a coach and sometimes they just want to chat about personal issues that have nothing to do with football.

@Ocean Boy

Years ago I read an article in one of  my psychology books, that in essence stated that all of us have a gift to share with others.

And it usually takes others to let you realize what your gift is.

From all of your post about your profession as well as how you meet the team players needs it is very obvious to me that one of your many talents is your gift of sharing and meeting the needs of those who place their confidence in you:

Your gift  of   a great role model and being there to physically and mentally provide safe discreet care to your youth that trust in you is something you should be very proud of.

Trust is one of the best values a person can be recognized for.....and it is evident you have earned the trust of many people.

And being on the outside looking in...................THANK YOU for all you do to guide the future leaders by your actions but more importantly through your  example.

One day I hope that we can meet in person.

As my daughter would say, " I know when health care  people get together all they talk about is medical issues," since my husband and I have been known to ramble on about what we have encountered, and I am sure the conversation would never get boring.

Be safe.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!

409657482_2022GregsSwankPadLoungePresentsChristmasJoyFrontCover.thumb.jpg.de5d0ca91b85260997c2241cb4cea3bc.jpg

My annual Christmas music mix is ready to download.

Most of you know not only am I a Christmas freak but I also collect Christmas music. You would be surprised how many people all over the world do collect Christmas music. I have over 30,000 songs in my collection from the very firsts songs ever recorded to now and I collect the good, the bad and the ugly.

Every year for the past 22 years I make an annual Christmas mix for my friends and family and my other collector friends. Most of the music are songs you probably have never heard. My goal was introduce people to the great Christmas songs out there so they don't have to listen to that awful Mariah Carey song. Each year I scan an old Christmas album cover and repurpose it for this years mix. This years album cover was from an old 1959 by George Melachrino And His Orchestra called Christmas Joy.

As you listen you will hear that I have several themes throughout. Listen and see if you can pick out the themes. I always start out with some vintage material then proceed into modern day and some comedy mainly secular and finish with non secular carols and I always end with a lullaby.

Disclaimer:

This mix is suppose to fun and not to be taken too seriously. Some may not enjoy my humor and if I offend anyone I am sorry as I do not intend to do so.

So download from the link below, unzip and play in your favorite media player or transfer to a usb drive to play in your car or wherever.

777702905_2022ChristmasJoyTrackListing.thumb.jpg.c0d80d112897e025276d7e16e9aac5f5.jpg

I have included the cover art, track listing, and insert art if you want to burn your own mp3 file on a disc. The mix is a whopping 1 hour and 46 minutes long so hopefully it will keep you entertained.

Please enjoy this holiday gift from me to you. The joy of Christmas music can always make your season brighter. Note I may repost this later to make sure everyone see's this post as this thread moves very quickly.

DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbz9gwe93lvd1x7/2022 Gregs Swank Pad Lounge Presents Christmas Joy.zip?dl=0

Cheers and enjoy!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 10

MORE BREAKING NEWS!

1094428573_GregsSwankPadLoungePresentsHanukkah2022Mix.thumb.jpg.a376b563e30635b90f1a6c615e849f5a.jpg

Of course I did not forget those who celebrate Hanukkah. And yes I collect Hanukkah music too. Here is this year mix for you to download, unzip and enjoy. I still need to put print the track listing which I post later but I wanted to release it as well as my Christmas mix. So please enjoy these wonderful collection of songs.

DOWNLOAD HERE:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzdfavn8jxcumhv/2022 Greg's Swank Pad Lounge Presents Hanukkah Mix.zip?dl=0

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Awesome picture.  Brings a lump to my throat seeing my hometown so beautifully displayed especially with the Statue of Liberty in front.

Aww Bonnie. This was taken from my deck 6 balcony, port side. Zoomed of course.

Have you been over since you moved?

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

Lunch today. 

56D4371B-58D1-412C-93A7-63E2E285307B.thumb.jpeg.7c77317f20270ba2dc93f36142af01f1.jpeg

Since our son-in-law went to the Cleveland game, we took our daughter and grandkids out to lunch. The hibachi wasn’t open early, so grandson said he wanted Primanti Brothers.  

Our grandson has a ton of shoes, and is always looking for the latest, statement pair.  So, of course, we bought him some nice bright yellow ones today. 🤣

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

MORE BREAKING NEWS!

1094428573_GregsSwankPadLoungePresentsHanukkah2022Mix.thumb.jpg.a376b563e30635b90f1a6c615e849f5a.jpg

Of course I did not forget those who celebrate Hanukkah. And yes I collect Hanukkah music too. Here is this year mix for you to download, unzip and enjoy. I still need to put print the track listing which I post later but I wanted to release it as well as my Christmas mix. So please enjoy these wonderful collection of songs.

DOWNLOAD HERE:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzdfavn8jxcumhv/2022 Greg's Swank Pad Lounge Presents Hanukkah Mix.zip?dl=0

Thank you ,Greg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

@Ocean Boy

One day I hope that we can meet in person.

As my daughter would say, " I know when health care  people get together all they talk about is medical issues," since my husband and I have been known to ramble on about what we have encountered, and I am sure the conversation would never get boring.

Be safe.

I have a couple of cousins who are nurses and one a podiatrist. When we are all together they love to start with their "war stories". I typically just sit there or leave the area. I've always considered medicine a very private interaction between me and the patient. I don't really like getting involved in those types of conversations.

When I got involved with sports the hardest part was being on the field (the equivalent of my office) and having hundreds of spectators observing and violating our privacy. One time after getting back to the sideline the local newspaper reporter asked me what happened. I responded it was confidential. He asked if the player would be back in the game. I responded you will know if you see him back on the field. He was so annoyed with me.🙂 I only talk with players, coaches, and parents of the involved athlete.

• Like 17

I posted the following last December.The company that I worked for nearly 25 years owned the building .It was 20 stories.Every year a group of employees were selected to go floor to floor to sing Christmas carols.

Initially I was chosen to lead the group but in my second year of working there I was designated to do all the singing.My favorite song to sing was White Christmas.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have a couple of cousins who are nurses and one a podiatrist. When we are all together they love to start with their "war stories". I typically just sit there or leave the area. I've always considered medicine a very private interaction between me and the patient. I don't really like getting involved in those types of conversations.

Your comment is taken with utmost respect. And really does show your professionalism. 

If we would ever meet I will not discuss work stories , but more importantly the joy of cruising. 

Be safe. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I know I am a little late in posting Thanksgiving pictures but we just got home so I think I better do it while it’s still Thanksgiving weekend.

It was DH’s Thanksgiving family reunion at his mom’s house.  We started our drive down in the middle of the night at 3:00AM to avoid terrible Thanksgiving Day traffic.  There were 21 people that came for dinner.  

All our kids were there so it was a blessing that we were together.  We then had a chance to talk about our upcoming family cruise that’s in two weeks on the Allure out of Galveston.  This will be our first time on an Oasis class ship.  The kids are SO excited about the cruise.  My son said he and his fiancé are so excited about the cruise that they talk about it everyday,.  This will be her first cruise ever.  They want to do everything on the ship.  

I caught the sun come up on the horizon on the way down

B39F52B9-6B2D-460D-A4DE-34505C244E88.thumb.jpeg.0092f8391b32903568790df312722fb9.jpeg

The 17 pound turkey

A37CCB9B-0FDD-4443-8519-8B3CF91665E0.thumb.jpeg.21d3bd4f1bc2a544bc9106d89d9341d7.jpeg

60EDFAE2-FAE9-42CF-BF61-0E3BF9D32D63.thumb.jpeg.c831f3f82677a7a778c9593501f58ea1.jpeg

My MIL makes over a hundred fruitcakes a year to give out to family and friends.  It is actually a very good fruitcake.  Not your typical Christmas fruitcakes that people make jokes out of.

6A83AADE-3E02-4335-A5C2-27C1CF3AE4A2.thumb.jpeg.d58efc0f8898cd072f267be867f564bc.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

we boarded Beyond at 11:30 nice easy boarding because of suite status, had a couple drinks in suite lounge , after you tell them your drink they ask if you want to make that a double , silly question , after that a very pleasent lunch in luminae the suite restaurant i had the lobster roll. We were able to access suite when we boarded but still waiting for luggage. Butler showed us how to access the internet , will meet some of our roll call in suite lounge at 5pm . 

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, George C said:

we boarded Beyond at 11:30 nice easy boarding because of suite status, had a couple drinks in suite lounge , after you tell them your drink they ask if you want to make that a double , silly question , after that a very pleasent lunch in luminae the suite restaurant i had the lobster roll. We were able to access suite when we boarded but still waiting for luggage. Butler showed us how to access the internet , will meet some of our roll call in suite lounge at 5pm . 

Have a great week. I’ll be interested in your thoughts on Beyond as we have our first celebrity cruise on her in April of ‘24.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, George C said:

Best wishes for a great cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I know I am a little late in posting Thanksgiving pictures but we just got home so I think I better do it while it’s still Thanksgiving weekend.

It was DH’s Thanksgiving family reunion at his mom’s house.  We started our drive down in the middle of the night at 3:00AM to avoid terrible Thanksgiving Day traffic.  There were 21 people that came for dinner.  

All our kids were there so it was a blessing that we were together.  We then had a chance to talk about our upcoming family cruise that’s in two weeks on the Allure out of Galveston.  This will be our first time on an Oasis class ship.  The kids are SO excited about the cruise.  My son said he and his fiancé are so excited about the cruise that they talk about it everyday,.  This will be her first cruise ever.  They want to do everything on the ship.  

I caught the sun come up on the horizon on the way down

B39F52B9-6B2D-460D-A4DE-34505C244E88.thumb.jpeg.0092f8391b32903568790df312722fb9.jpeg

The 17 pound turkey

A37CCB9B-0FDD-4443-8519-8B3CF91665E0.thumb.jpeg.21d3bd4f1bc2a544bc9106d89d9341d7.jpeg

60EDFAE2-FAE9-42CF-BF61-0E3BF9D32D63.thumb.jpeg.c831f3f82677a7a778c9593501f58ea1.jpeg

My MIL makes over a hundred fruitcakes a year to give out to family and friends.  It is actually a very good fruitcake.  Not your typical Christmas fruitcakes that people make jokes out of.

6A83AADE-3E02-4335-A5C2-27C1CF3AE4A2.thumb.jpeg.d58efc0f8898cd072f267be867f564bc.jpeg

I am awe of ladies who bake Christmas gifts in bulk for family and friends.

I love fruitcake.

• Like 3