Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@George C I agree, I couldn’t believe I saw those two small dogs, one being held by a woman, the other in a baby carriage, both wearing “Service Dog” vests.  

Last night’s show really was amazing.  Unfortunately a couple came in 10 minutes into it and so we stood up to let them by…10 minutes later they decided to leave…we had to get up again.  I said to the “gentleman” “Perhaps you should choose a different spot if you think you might leave.”  He replied “There were no end seats.”  Really?!  I said “Come earlier.”  There are times I totally dislike my fellow man.

On the other hand, Nature rarely disappoints me.  

5FFF46BA-1E61-4CBC-9C91-0DDE41299F50.jpeg

Edited by helen haywood
  • Like 21

There were several “service” dogs on my first cruise after Covid last December on the Allure out of Fort Lauderdale.  It will be interesting if I see them in the morning in the Diamond lounge on the our Harmony cruise starting 12/10.  I didn’t see any “service” dogs on our sailing from Galveston on the Adventure.  😆

jc

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We then went home for an hour and I’m now at the arena until 10:50. As for the drive, how’s this for you. Only 4/5 more months of this to go. 

IMG_6152.MOV 7.69 MB · 11 downloads  

First and foremost congratulations on Owen's accomplishments.

He is truly a complete package, academics, sports and I am sure a great role model.

Also, your above IMG was the first I was able to download......wish it was of a sunny cruise, but at least I know how to do it.

Take care

• Like 1

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

@George C I agree, I couldn’t believe I saw those two small dogs, one being held by a woman, the other in a baby carriage, both wearing “Service Dog” vests.  

Last night’s show really was amazing.  Unfortunately a couple came in 10 minutes into it and so we stood up to let them by…10 minutes later they decided to leave…we had to get up again.  I said to the “gentleman” “Perhaps you should choose a different spot if you think you might leave.”  He replied “There were no end seats.”  Really?!  I said “Come earlier.”  There are times I totally dislike my fellow man.

On the other hand, Nature rarely disappoints me.  

5FFF46BA-1E61-4CBC-9C91-0DDE41299F50.jpeg

Just returned from St Thomas wife spent 1K i spent under 50 so I got off lucky, dogs were size of NYC rats . Hopefully I will see you at Martini bar , we spend lots of time there or Eden depending on music act playing , this ship by far has had the best entertainment way better than past Celebrity cruises, food in suite restaurant has been a disappointment hoping specialty restaurants next two nights will be a improvement. Heading to suite outdoor retreat for my daily Kraken pina colada. Major mistake picking our aft sky suite since we need to walk length of the ship several times a day , way too lazy for that .   

• Like 4

Just now trying to catch up on the last several pages. I want to thank everyone who gave such lovely comments and liked the picture of my Mom's 100th birthday celebration a few pages back!  Our family is truly blessed to still have her with us. So many people have often said she does not look like she'd be that old. She, herself, continues to be amazed and insists it can't be so.  She'll frequently ask, "Where did all the years go?" Worked hard her whole life. Strong bones, strong will. If it wouldn't be for her severe memory issues, there's absolutely nothing wrong with her. 

• Like 10

20 hours ago, Keksie said:

So far they are up to $17,000 found in books, jars etc.  A few years before that they were helping her move, cleaned out the fridge and realized at some point that they had thrown out $1,000 hidden in a can. 

Wow! My wife had a relative like that - did not believe in any sort of investments or even putting money in the bank - had wads of it hidden out in a shed in buckets. Depression mentality. 

• Like 3

Just getting caught up here.  Started a little Christmas shopping this week. Yesterday I pulled out all the plastic bins with indoor Christmas decorations and decided some things could use a refresh so tomorrow I’ll hit all the craft stores and HomeGoods.  Andy started putting up outdoor lights but it’s slow going this year be a he’s only “allowed” on the ladder when I’m home to hold it for him. It is bitterly cold here today, 40 degrees but very windy making it feel so much colder. I’m jealous of you who are cruising this week. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Coralc said:

She wouldn't do email, after she acquired a virus

This reminds me of my grandparents when they got a computer in their late 80s. They would mis-type email addresses and receive that "mailer daemon" error message. I about died laughing when they were telling me about the "mailer demons" that had infiltrated their computer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

+1

and we need a sad face 😞 for that blowing snow video. 

Yes. I agree.

It was worse coming home. Owen filmed this clip. There was moments you couldn’t see to the end of the hood. Thankfully the worst part was only the last few minutes on our empty road. We did drive past someone pulled over. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What did you not like about it?

It did not make sense to me.  I did not get what the story was about- the Seven Chapters.  To me, it was a bunch of random themes, dancing, acrobatics and the use of a lot of technology.  At times, it was like a circus, different things happening all over the stage and the screen at the same time.  It just all seemed disjointed to me.

On another note, Christine McVie, of Fleetwood Mac passed away yesterday.  She was 79 years old.  So sad.  It won’t be the same without her.  I’m glad we got to see them in concert in 2018.  

• Like 6