Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

We are 45 minutes north of Port Everglades. We always hire a car to the port.  Usually do B2B so its just easier that way.

Sounds a little north of where I was. Delray or something? I liked where I was but since I'm now not working I thought I'd move more north, fewer people. Right now it all sounds good to me.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

School buses were cancelled for Owen and practically all of SW Ontario today.  

Looking at the newly hanging beach photo right now day dreaming. SIGH. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

It's a balmy -1 F here.

One more round of snow tonight, then things start improving.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

50°F here now. The snow has gone and the sun is shining.

Pauline working from home downstairs so I am upstairs ringing a few customers and watching the home buying program A Place In The Sun on HGTV.

I liked watching it too...

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

It was 0 last night in Dallas.  

Where is the warmer winters we moved here for?

As a sign of "solidarity", our long spell of warm weather has come to the end. This morning we enjoyed the last of the sunshine.

We're supposed to get a very stormy and cold front, and even some snow in Jerusalem (which is higher than where we live). If indeed to snow will gather on the ground, half of the population, at least, will travel to see the "marvel" and the snow will melt... "Rinse and repeat" every few years 😁.

Of course fishing is forbidden in this place, but that's Israel for you....😢

_DSC3274.JPG

_DSC3244.JPG

_DSC3245.JPG

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Sounds a little north of where I was. Delray or something? I liked where I was but since I'm now not working I thought I'd move more north, fewer people. Right now it all sounds good to me.

WE are in the north part of Palm Beach County. I moved here in 1976 as part of a company relocation, and the city is considerably larger now than back then.  

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

It's a balmy -1 F here. Seems the problem with Texas power grid is they get 25% of the power from wind, and the wind turbines have frozen.

I finally talked to my mom last night about 8 pm, she had had 2 black outs but was finally back up. I tried to tell her how to make calls from the flip phone but in one ear out the other.

My bil went yesterday to check into the hospital for covid. Breathing issues. I knew he should be in the hospital so glad he went. Hope he starts improving. 

One more round of snow tonight, then things start improving.

I am glad to hear that he is in hospital.  Once shortness of breath becomes an issue you really do need medical intervention.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I am glad to hear that he is in hospital.  Once shortness of breath becomes an issue you really do need medical intervention.  

He needed it last Saturday when first discussed imo. Hes 82, diabetes and other health issues.

Asking my sister how she is doing, ...at best she is apt to complain she cant go to church sunday. You never get a reply like well I feel better or worse than yesterday. Without seeing her idk, can only rely on their roomie. She never gives a reasoned reply like others.

Thanks for caring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Is the photo, with all the shells, from Sanibel island?  My parents use to have a place on Pine Island, and we would take their boat across to Sanibel, so our kids could find shells. 

My brother used to live on Sanibel ran a theater there , now is in neighboring FT Myer , would love to there today rather than frigid Dallas. 

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

50°F here now.

The snow has gone and the sun is shining.

Pauline working from home downstairs so I am upstairs ringing a few customers and watching the home buying program A Place In The Sun on HGTV.

That's great you are both able to work from home.    I am not familiar with the show A Place in the Sun.   Just looked up and appears it is in the UK, hopefully it will make it to America TV.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's great you are both able to work from home.    I am not familiar with the show A Place in the Sun.   Just looked up and appears it is in the UK, hopefully it will make it to America TV.

Sometimes they film in Florida which are some of my favourites.

HOA monthly fees and how long they can rent the properties they buy as holiday homes seems to put a lot of buyers off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I started learning to drive when I was around 12. I was always infatuated with the car.🙂

I was about 10 when my 15 year older brother let me take his 67 Stingray for a drive around the neighborhood.  I remember at about 100 the steering felt a bit lacking.  This was the same brother that let me drive his twin engine hydroplane boat when I was 8 which was always fun until one time cornering in the mid 80s it started to walk in decidedly uncomfortable lurches that could easily have lead to flipping side over side... I panicked and shut it down, and the next thing I remembered was I was sitting in about 12 inches of water as it nosed in.  I was lucky it was designed to float even when...  So, after I finally got it on plane I pulled the plug to let it drain out.  I learned a lot in both situations.

Some of my earliest memories were sitting at the local fairgrounds watching the stock car races in the front row.  I probably attended a 1000 auto races by the time I was out of high school.  Including a front row seat at the 1972 Indy 500 which was my third.  I remember watching the 74 race on TV when Salt Walther’s car spewed ethanol all over those seats.  After that, I decided while the front row is very exciting... the top row is better for watching the race. 😉

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I was about 10 when my 15 year older brother let me take his 67 Stingray for a drive around the neighborhood.  I remember at about 100 the steering felt a bit lacking.  This was the same brother that let me drive his twin engine hydroplane boat when I was 8 which was always fun until one time cornering in the mid 80s it started to walk in decidedly uncomfortable lurches that could easily have lead to flipping side over side... I panicked and shut it down, and the next thing I remembered was I was sitting in about 12 inches of water as it nosed in.  I was lucky it was designed to float even when...  So, after I finally got it on plane I pulled the plug to let it drain out.  I learned a lot in both situations.

Some of my earliest memories were sitting at the local fairgrounds watching the stock car races in the front row.  I probably attended a 1000 auto races by the time I was out of high school.  Including a front row seat at the 1972 Indy 500 which was my third.  I remember watching the 74 race on TV when Salt Walther’s car spewed ethanol all over those seats.  After that, I decided while the front row is very exciting... the top row is better for watching the race. 😉

JC

I just wanted to say I throughly enjoyed reading many of you descriptions of our state of current affairs, the last month or so. Thanks

M8

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George C said:

My brother used to live on Sanibel ran a theater there , now is in neighboring FT Myer , would love to there today rather than frigid Dallas. 

I watched a holiday program about Sanibel  and they mentioned all the shells and said there is a saying called Sanibel Stoop caused by everyone picking up the shells off the beach.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It is on a few UK channels including HGTV.

Another program we watch is American the host is called David.

My Lottery Dream Home.

US Lottery winners are shown fabulous homes and they always buy one.

2 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

It is also dangerous if Oxygen levels drop.

There is a gadget which clips on to your finger which shows your Oxygen levels.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

JC

I just wanted to say I throughly enjoyed reading many of you descriptions of our state of current affairs, the last month or so. Thanks

M8

Some of us were concerned about you.

Pleased you and your family are well.

Graham.

• Like 1