Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, mets07 said:

We had two of our grandchildren with us. Our grandson is 5, a couple weeks shy of 6, and our 4 year old granddaughter.  They loved screaming when the big screen said to "get loud," eating lots of stuff, and yelling Let's go Mets! Lots of fun. 

Best to all.

20230412_135853.thumb.jpg.b11c82af31dfe6067901d771f68e0600.jpg

Time spent with grandchildren is the best!  What a great day to enjoy both them and your favorite sport!!

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

Short-legged people of the world, unite!!!

Although now that I have bad knees, I also have a complaint about chairs that are TOO low, and I need a sturdy handle to lift myself up out of them, or a crane!

I need the Goldilocks-approved seating level.... the one that is JUST RIGHT!

Jim has the same problem due to his knees!

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

That's like those Adirondack chairs. They are horrible. I don't know how anyone sits in them, except for young people. I can only perch on the front edge. 

Me too!

4 hours ago, derorim said:

We made the mistake of sitting in these Central Park chairs on Oasis.  They are ridiculously low and the seat backs are reclined, but they are placed around a table as if you could actually eat your lunch while sitting in them. Only the nimble young folks can successfully manage these things.

OasDec-60850-1645719029.jpg

We did sit on them on the first day onboard.  Not easy getting up, for sure!

• Like 4

On 4/9/2023 at 1:06 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

@dani negreanu I am so sorry to read it’s taken this long for your DH’s pain issue to be resolved, especially as the resolution was so “simple”.

I know you have a lot to deal with right now but will you re-schedule your trip?

Thanks, aussie. I've started today, seeing that DH is much better and after the almost 10 days Passover holiday, when everything is at standstill.

It's quite a nightmare. I've booked this trip last October, the flight between Marrakech and Madrid was a mere 62$ pp. Now, the cheapest one is 250$ pp !!! Same with the Madrid hotel -- 180 Euro v. 454 Euro now....

The excellent riad [room] I've booked in Marrakech is fully booked. Found another, hopefully it will be up to standard.

Our flights were booked with the national company, which doesn't fly from Friday afternoon until late Saturday night. We have to "work" around this limit....

They gave us the option to re-schedule, and to apply the actual rates on top of what we've paid. I didn't want to add so much, and I've managed to find one flight at the original rates. This one and only date impacted the other dates/hotels. The visa also expires in August.

The good season to visit is March-May or Sep/Oct and I want to do it NOW....

• Like 23

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think it's about time to start planting. 

image.thumb.png.dfbcb4f0a2409aa05221780a1cf90cfc.png

I just bought my tomato plants this morning.  We've scaled down from a pretty good sized vegetable garden while on Staten Island.  It's tough here. We tried the first year here. Too many groundhogs, squirrels, chipmunks..nature, if you will.  We gave up and just have planters around with tomatoes and herbs..

I know how much you enjoy your gardens and all of the bountiful veggies that you produce.

It's pretty obvious your daughter went the route of becoming a florist due to your plantings and the great pleasure it gives you!

How are you feeling today, John?

• Like 6

10 hours ago, brillohead said:

The opening credits of The Sopranos has gas at the Sunoco station for 97-cents.  Boy, those were the days... I think our gas tax alone is that much now!

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I remember while in HS there was a gas station called Clark.   Their commercial advertised gas for "one thin quarter and friends that's unique". 

It has been a while since I have looked at a vehicle window sticker, but I saw one of these on a car on display at a mall. 

7E7E9D92-2CAD-4E57-9B45-3B8B14033890.thumb.jpeg.dab1a89e03e20f4fe09172f43a6b1f55.jpeg

I am not sure if they only put them on vehicles subject to the gas guzzler tax, but I wonder how often they get revised due to those fluctuations in gas prices. 

You can tell the nice weather has arrived here, because some nice cars are coming out for the summer. Saw this one in the grocery store parking lot. 

94F17F54-BD0A-4CF4-B498-CFD543F9E4AC.thumb.jpeg.0eade17efead9686c043a753b7801237.jpeg

I am pretty sure it would have a sticker like the one above. I don’t think the R8 is in the average car category. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 5

On 4/12/2023 at 11:05 AM, HBE4 said:

Should my doctor ever retire, can you be mine?  Be warned: I have a total man crush on my doctor. I believe he is my platonic soul mate so there is a lot to live up to. lol.

In all seriousness, although his small medical group has been taken over several times by ever larger medical groups, he still manages to retain that small town family doctor approach. He was also my wife doctor -  both of us for 25 years -  and when she suffered the anorexic brain injury 2 years ago,  although he was not part of her care team at the hospital and later skilled nursing facility, they kept him up to date with her status (in addition to me). He would call me randomly during his lunch break or on his way home to check in on me, see how I was doing, if I understood all that her care team was doing and if I needed additional explanation.   We had several deep philosophical discussions that helped guide me in my decision making regarding her care.  Most the phone calls were 30-40 minutes with a couple lasting close to an hour.

All on his on time and never once billed me.

What a blessing your doctor has been. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ownedbypets said:

I just read that the airport is closed until 5 AM tomorrow.

Just checked the local news , NWS  reported Ft Lauderdale had 25 inches in 6 hours.

Incredible.  Back before we got moved to  Ct, we lived in an area call Jupiter Farms, we had a storm the started at 12:00 noon Sunday and didn't stop till 6:00 PM Monday. We got 23 inches in 30 hours, and it rained hard the entire time. This rain had that look like an afternoon shower.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, dpostman said:

Wow... If I actually got down to sit in one of those chairs... I'm spending the night there.  Do you happen to know if the bartenders come to serve at the tables? 😉

dp

No bar service to the tables on Central Park.

You have to go to the Trellis bar but it is close by.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I just bought my tomato plants this morning.  We've scaled down from a pretty good sized vegetable garden while on Staten Island.  It's tough here. We tried the first year here. Too many groundhogs, squirrels, chipmunks..nature, if you will.  We gave up and just have planters around with tomatoes and herbs..

I know how much you enjoy your gardens and all of the bountiful veggies that you produce.

It's pretty obvious your daughter went the route of becoming a florist due to your plantings and the great pleasure it gives you!

How are you feeling today, John?

I may need to start scaling down too.  I feel great mentally but physically I wear down quickly.   I can get after it for about an hour but then need a break.  Just starting B12 so maybe that will help.  Also I have never been a breakfast guy, except while cruising 😆.   I need to start eating earlier for the energy.   

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

No bar service to the tables on Central Park.

You have to go to the Trellis bar but it is close by.

Thanks, I did not think so, but I was sort of joking that once I sat down, I would not be able to get up to go to the bar 😁

dp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dpostman said:

Thanks, I did not think so, but I was sort of joking that once I sat down, I would not be able to get up to go to the bar 😁

dp

Fortunately there are other chairs on Central Park but those low chairs are a nightmare.

You can eat outside of Giovanni's and the waiter's will get your drinks from Trellis bar.

IMG_20230129_175300.jpg

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Fortunately there are other chairs on Central Park but those low chairs are a nightmare.

You can eat outside of Giovanni's and the waiter's will get your drinks from Trellis bar.

IMG_20230129_175300.jpg

Thanks.  I'm glad, with our room location, I've already figured that I will be making good friends with the Trellis Bar bartenders.  I estimate roughly 83 sober steps including stairs from room to Trellis bar.  I should get a pool going within the gang.

dp

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dpostman said:

Thanks.  I'm glad, with our room location, I've already figured that I will be making good friends with the Trellis Bar bartenders.  I estimate roughly 83 sober steps including stairs from room to Trellis bar.  I should get a pool going within the gang.

dp

The Rising Tide bar goes up from deck 5 to deck 8 Central Park for a change of bar.

IMG_20230203_134202.jpg

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, dpostman said:

dp

There is about 10 bar stools around Trellis bar.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

The Rising Tide bar goes up from deck 5 to deck 8 Central Park for a change of bar.

IMG_20230203_134202.jpg

I will most likely try out just about every bar on Wonder.  Except for the Bionic bar.  The novelty has already worn off 😉

I somewhat end up at specific bars depending on the type of drinks I'm looking for, but after a while, once I've narrowed down my favourite bartenders, I mostly go back to my preferred classics and end up the same few bars over and over.

dp

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dpostman said:

I will most likely try out just about every bar on Wonder.  Except for the Bionic bar.  The novelty has already worn off 😉

I somewhat end up at specific bars depending on the type of drinks I'm looking for, but after a while, once I've narrowed down my favourite bartenders, I mostly go back to my preferred classics and end up the same few bars over and over.

dp

Trellis bar on Oasis in February.

Nice Pina Coladas using D+ free drinks at Trellis bar on Central Park.

Screenshot_20230413_185516.jpg

IMG_20230131_114917.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 15

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Trellis bar on Oasis in February.

Nice Pina Coladas using D+ free drinks at Trellis bar on Central Park.

Screenshot_20230413_185516.jpg

IMG_20230131_114917.jpg

STOP IT!!!, Your making the wait seem even longer! 😉

Nice Pics BTW.

dp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1