Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

There would have to be some amazing itinerary to get me on that ship and I still don't think I'd walk aboard.

Is there a FlowRider, err NO.  Are we sailing down a river with castles and cute towns on both sides, err NO.  I am out.

jc

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Cook em dry, then dip in your sauce, the rub is king.

You know your BBQ. True aficionados know it's all about the rub. I met John Willingham who is a legend in the BBQ world and has a very popular BBQ book. He told me true ribs should be eaten without sauce. Let the meat and the rub do the talking.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Too much sauce.  Cook em dry, then dip in your sauce, the rub is king.  Sauce is not.

JMHO and yMMV

Agree the sauce was very weird this time. We have been to this restaurant  many times and never had sauce like that before. Tasted better then it looked though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

And I forgot to mention something about our Serenade cruises. I like to sit on the pool deck and read. Around sunset, on week 2 on our way to the Bahamas, a very magical thing happened. 

A pod of 8 dolphins were surfing the wake and leaping out of the water, chasing the ship, right next to the side. Just for fun and flying fish. It was incredible, and they did it for about 10 minutes. I had my phone, but it wasn't turned on. I was more interested in watching them, than taking photos. 

Memories of ocean life like this are just amazing! And I don't think you have it so much on the larger ships. And that's fine. It would just be a different sort of vacation. ☺️

pool deck, sunset, dolphins ❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @aussielozzie18  It was really cool.  I should have asked someone else for their video out the windows. 

I'm sorry you have covid. I think it is unlikely that kitty would get it. 

But I'm confused by this whole thing. Bill was sick, when we came home from the cruise. And tested positive for covid. (twice) He had bad cold symptoms, which cleared up. And then a week later, he came down with a cold, which he promptly gave to me. I am much better now, but had a wet, drippy cold, and a productive cough. Negative for covid. I guess sometimes a cold is just a cold. 🤔

I hope you feel better soon. Bobby the cat seems to be fine, even though Bill feeds him, he did not catch it either.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone, a few days missing in action whilst babysitting our grandson.

I'm so sorry to hear about all the medical issues going on. I don't always comment but hold all going through troubled times in my thoughts and prayers 🙏 

You have great medical care in America and Australia,  and this with positive thought and loving family support will hopefully give best possible outcomes

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On Wednesday, DH and I took our g/son to Portland Hospital in London for more allergy testing. Sesame, Hazelnut and macadamia nut. All negative so it looks like just peanut allergies (legumes, not tree nuts), along with dairy and egg.

Isaac had a great day out and kept everyone on the underground and trains entertained but it was a long day for us, leaving around 7.30 to collect him from his parents and getting him home around 1930.

It was difficult to get him to eat the nut butters but we got there in the end. 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 10

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

You know your BBQ. True aficionados know it's all about the rub. I met John Willingham who is a legend in the BBQ world and has a very popular BBQ book. He told me true ribs should be eaten without sauce. Let the meat and the rub do the talking.

St. Louis does ribs right.  I think the best ribs I've had have been Bogart's in St. Louis.  Wife prefers Pappy's.  Salt and Smoke out in St. Charles too.  All have amazing dry rubs.

• Like 1

Totally changing the subject here..do any of you with an in ground pool use the Barracuda MX8  In-Ground Suction Cleaner??  Reviews look good.  It's time we got one of these pool cleaners..we're not getting any younger😜

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Totally changing the subject here..do any of you with an in ground pool use the Barracuda MX8  In-Ground Suction Cleaner??  Reviews look good.  It's time we got one of these pool cleaners..we're not getting any younger😜

Let me know what you pick, we need a new automatic pool cleaner . We have a weekly service but need more.

Had a nice dinner with friends at a Italian restaurant, weird thing is almost every Italian restaurant in Dallas is not run by or have a chef that is Italian, most are Albanian , we have been looking for a real Italian one , our friend who is 100 percent Sicilian and closed his restaurant after 30 years found this one. 

Edited by George C
  • Like 3

Beeeeaaaautiful day here on the Canadian East Coast.  I decided yesterday to take the day off today when I seen the forecast.  Decided to setup my DW's Hot tub so I can hopefully have it ready for use this weekend.

I know there are more than a few coffee fans here, so I took a break from working outside and came in to make a pour over.  Wish I could make you all one also.

image.thumb.png.e2ad9200ee0063a552cdf3d5a8ddced2.png

image.thumb.png.2174e9ddaaf307eb881d9f28d1bc4634.png

image.thumb.png.a43cf48b0e9747d91f36371aadf48d86.png

OK.  Done coffee break.  Back to the grind now 😉

dp

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

Late Breakfast at the diner this morning.  Along with the  Bacon, ham, sausage & cheese omelet,  I noticed I could get a "side order" of grits.  I put "side order" in quotes since it's almost as big as the main order. 

Little pasty at first but after a few globs of butter and some salt&pepper, quite tasty. 

Maybe not the healthiest of choices but I'll have a house salad later to balance it out. 😋 

20230408_112320.thumb.jpg.4611cc069dff10964296797aa2fead5c.jpg

• Like 16

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We love watching the dolphins at our beach in Naples.  They sometimes come up very close to those that are wading in the Gulf.

You might think twice about getting to close to the Dolphins after watching the movie " Desperadoes " on Net Flix. 🙂

Wednesday was 8 months old.  Time flys.  We, mostly Sharon, have been babysitting her weekdays since the beginning of the year while DD works.  I know that it is hard to leave pets behind while cruising but starting Monday we will not be babysitting for a month!  Finnly's DD will be off the next two weeks then we leave for Hawaii for the two weeks.  I bet she will grow in that time.

IMG_7034.thumb.jpeg.fd8b70490d6837eea93d5bf919de2150.jpeg

IMG_7037.thumb.jpeg.dde9a407d465e50066ff9ce83fe026f5.jpeg

IMG_7039.thumb.jpeg.4dfa78924474255f3576deedf708af20.jpeg

IMG_7041.thumb.jpeg.9706473c54e4d63756355c046a58d0a3.jpeg

IMG_7043.thumb.jpeg.64d3e207710ad0a7ff3221db519a6d05.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We love watching the dolphins at our beach in Naples.  They sometimes come up very close to those that are wading in the Gulf.

On our Hawaii cruise a couple of decades ago we had a excursion by a small boat and had a large pod of dolphins chasing us for about 15 minutes I thought it was totally amazing, really want to cruise Hawaii again.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Too much sauce.  Cook em dry, then dip in your sauce, the rub is king.  Sauce is not.

JMHO and yMMV

Our Rack of Ribs made their Facebook Page.  This was put on their site 19 hours ago when we were there.

That's  my plate !!   🙂  The guy has on  2 pattern Shirt.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057142912781   Their facebook Page.

May be an image of 1 person

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, George C said:

On our Hawaii cruise a couple of decades ago we had a excursion by a small boat and had a large pod of dolphins chasing us for about 15 minutes I thought it was totally amazing, really want to cruise Hawaii again.

We had dolphins right alongside our tender on a Pacific Coastal cruise when we were tendering in Monterey.  It was really cool to see them right beside us.

• Like 7