Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

31 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Sunny and in the 70’s here too.It is expected to hit 80 tomorrow.

When I moved to LI I initially began looking for new doctors.My Internist was located in Manhattan,he was close to 70 and I believed he would be retiring.There is a Medical building a few blocks from where I lived and found a practice with two doctors.I was a patient of one from 2003 to 2014.In 2013 she and her partner became affiliated with a large conglomerate and everything changed .

This is such a coincidence.  Tomorrow is expected to reach 80 here also.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

Joebob wants to be included in pet day

image.thumb.jpeg.2d8612f1689c0e0a9bca819b839ab03e.jpeg

Me and Joebob have had it rough our kitchen is demolished waiting for new kitchen to be installed so Joebob has had his litter box and his food moved (was in laundry room and den ) getting new floor in den also, no oven , sink etc . Hopefully in two weeks we will be back to normal, new appliances are due tomorrow. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I never had problems making appointments when needed, especially when it was important but not enough to go to the ER.

I don't know any doctors here who are not affiliated with a large medical "conglomerate".

On another note, we are experiencing the most fabulous weather in the Dallas area.  Sunny, high 70s, no rain in sight for at least 8 days.  We're loving it!

No sun here today, temp in the low 70's, wind and rain.  We need the rain, real bad.

A nice 4-5 inches would do the trick. We'll see what we get.

Predicted to be back to 90's  by the weekend.

• Like 3

@Ozark_Kid  John-I am delayed in responding to your news as this thread moves quickly and I haven’t read it for a few days.

My heart went out to you and your family when I read about the diagnosis.

It was not something anyone of us wanted to hear.

I try to be a positive person and I understand that you are too. 
It seems to me that you have a lot in your favour.

You are a man of faith, you have a loving wife and family and adorable grandchildren, there are treatments available and you plan to undertake them.

You will be surrounded by love, caring , prayers and good thoughts on your health journey.

I am wishing you peace and ,of course,the best outcome for you.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday, I had to take Susan to an appointment in Shadyside, Pittsburgh.  Good report for her, 15 years now.  As part of the route that Waze picked for us, it took us around some of the streets where the new FNB headquarters is being built. 

The construction site is where the old Pittsburgh Civic Arena (known as the Igloo) stood for almost 50 years.  It was the home of the Pittsburgh Penguins, before they moved to what is now the PPG Paints Arena.  Just driving by, brought back a lot of memories of the games I took my son to at that venue. 

B5A39030-66CF-43F3-BB73-F88BC62326E0.thumb.jpeg.f56bf741e6a6411bf9b5affaa192afab.jpeg

It is hard to believe that next month will be 13 years since the last game was played there.  

I know there are a few hockey fans here, so most would be familiar with that venue.  If not from the games, but from the setting for the movie “Sudden Death” with Jean-Claude Van Damme. 

The irony was not lost on me, that the two teams playing in the movie were the Pens and the Blackhawks.  It so happened that the Pens were playing the Blackhawks last night, trying to get into that last wild card position. (A game they royally blew)

Now I am off to find that movie to stream, since barring a miracle, the Pens will be sitting out the post season. 

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, George C said:

Me and Joebob have had it rough our kitchen is demolished waiting for new kitchen to be installed so Joebob has had his litter box and his food moved (was in laundry room and den ) getting new floor in den also, no oven , sink etc . Hopefully in two weeks we will be back to normal, new appliances are due tomorrow. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!  How are you surviving with no kitchen appliances?  I know you probably don't have a basement, living where you do.  Hope all the work goes smoothly.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday, I had to take Susan to an appointment in Shadyside, Pittsburgh.  Good report for her, 15 years now.  As part of the route that Waze picked for us, it took us around some of the streets where the new FNB headquarters is being built. 

The construction site is where the old Pittsburgh Civic Arena (known as the Igloo) stood for almost 50 years.  It was the home of the Pittsburgh Penguins, before they moved to what is now the PPG Paints Arena.  Just driving by, brought back a lot of memories of the games I took my son to at that venue. 

B5A39030-66CF-43F3-BB73-F88BC62326E0.thumb.jpeg.f56bf741e6a6411bf9b5affaa192afab.jpeg

It is hard to believe that next month will be 13 years since the last game was played there.  

I know there are a few hockey fans here, so most would be familiar with that venue.  If not from the games, but from the setting for the movie “Sudden Death” with Jean-Claude Van Damme. 

The irony was not lost on me, that the two teams playing in the movie were the Pens and the Blackhawks.  It so happened that the Pens were playing the Blackhawks last night, trying to get into that last wild card position. (A game they royally blew)

Now I am off to find that movie to stream, since barring a miracle, the Pens will be sitting out the post season. 

😀My neck of the woods.  15 min from my house.  Loved the old Igloo but glad the new PPG arena is so nice.  

I remember when they demolishing the Civic (Mellon) Arena and made it a huge parking lot.  Pens would sell out the playoff games AND fill up the entire parking lot next door too with outdoor big screen watch parties.  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Isn't the one whose dome was meant to retract, but it never worked.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!  How are you surviving with no kitchen appliances?  I know you probably don't have a basement, living where you do.  Hope all the work goes smoothly.

We normally eat out a lot anyhow but it’s annoying, could cook on outside grill but don’t want to deal with plates etc . Yes no basements in this area as you know. Do have the microwave and fridge. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I’m having a chair and ottoman recovered.  Diana napped daily on the ottoman.  Poor thing…

IMG_4998.jpeg

Rowland's?  Micheline found a high back chair at a consignment shop that fits her perfectly.  She has short legs and has a hard time finding chairs/sofas that aren't too deep.  She refinished the wood legs herself and Rowland's reupholstered it with fabric that matches our bedroom.  It looks brand new and is one of her favorite reading chairs.  They do good work.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You may know, the NAS I have has 4 bays.  I currently am only using two bays.  If I fill the other two bays will it create a second pool or try to join the current pool?

Looks like you take advantage of the Alexa!  My SIL has lights connected to his and I found out yesterday my DD has hers connected to Spotify.  I have a Sensi for my upstairs thermostat that I can control by app remotely.  I tried to get one for downstairs but I did not realize that it was an advance system which needed an expensive thermostat to be able to do the same thing. 

I'm not sure about the other 2 bays.  It might depend on the brand of the NAS and/or the type of RAID that you're using.  You could probably set it up with two pools that each have two bays using RAID 1, which I'm guessing is what you have today.  If you installed two more 4TB drives, you'd get another 4 TBs of storage, for 8TBs of total storage across your 16TBs of disk space.   All of your data would be mirrored on 2 different disks.

Or, you may be able to set up a single pool with 4 drives using either RAID 5 or RAID 6 (if your NAS supports it).  Adding 2 more 4TB drives using RAID 5 would give you 12 TBs total storage, with the equivalent of one drive being used for parity to recalculate any lost data from a drive failure.  RAID 6 would only give you 8TBs total storage since the equivalent of 2 drives would be used for parity.  This means that with RAID 6, you could have 2 drives fail without losing data...probably not important to you unless you've got data that you really, really want to protect.

Disclaimer:  I'm not an IT professional, I just play one on CC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, NHProud said:

He was given M.A.C.( Monitored Anesthesia Care) including a medication called Versed . He was also given a knee bloc and they mentioned an injection in his back .  He didn’t have pain with the 1st knee .  We hope it is the same this time, too .  We live one mile from the hospital so no travel time home .  

Glad to hear that all went well with your DH's operation!!

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If the GKs bring smiles, let the smiles begin!

This is their Easter Sunday pics.

IMG_9714.thumb.jpeg.3dcd0ddc7950739ccd6f6b58e2f2a080.jpeg

IMG_9721.thumb.jpeg.bb88fc5a5b4841fae3ce815b34124081.jpeg

IMG_6318.thumb.jpeg.f06fe99f0f5f002a29296210db4a5386.jpeg

And Corrie's first day at soccer.

IMG_5228.thumb.jpeg.c36823d50d67bfc8f934f650b60b4b10.jpeg

They are adorable, John!!  Every one of them!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, dpostman said:

I used to have drip irrigation setup, but after a few years of me rotating my cops in different boxes, I found it to be too much hassle.  I still use automation to keep my one box from freezing that I setup as a makeshift greenhouse when it is still early in the season.

The last box in the back, with the hoops, that is the one that I use as a greenhouse until risk of frost is gone.  I hang incandescent lights (Christmas lights) to keep from freezing and control with wifi plug.  I had looked at using IFTTT to turn lights on if temps dipped and I was not home, but then figured out, I could just use my phone and turn them on 😉

image.thumb.png.b6c20e27cc3b45ef50201132253ed0f6.png

What it looks like in mid July

image.thumb.png.abeaa8cff42600c0378555e3756e4fdb.png

dp

Brilliant set-up with the hoops and Christmas lights when needed!😉

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday, I had to take Susan to an appointment in Shadyside, Pittsburgh.  Good report for her, 15 years now.  

Great news that Susan had a good report at her appt. yesterday.  How is your DD doing? 🙏

I was happy to hear that you don't have TB;  I've been meaning to ask if you're still wearing the ( heart?) monitor?  I hope all is well for both you and your DD.🙏

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Rowland's?  Micheline found a high back chair at a consignment shop that fits her perfectly.  She has short legs and has a hard time finding chairs/sofas that aren't too deep.  

I have trouble with chairs and couches that are too deep, also.  I need  couch pillow behind me when I sit down on the couch...if I don't have a pillow behind me, I'll sit with both of my legs tucked under me.

• Like 3

An article in the Asbury Park Press's High School Girls Lacrosse Players to Watch:

Ava G, Senior (a good stick and goal scorer from both hands), 23 Goals, 3 Assists, GBs, 1 DC, FTO 3)

I have no idea what some of that means, but I do know that Jim and I are always so proud of Ava.  

• Like 10

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Rowland's? 

Yes!  Rowland’s.  They do have really good reviews…. (Diana’s standards are pretty high…)  Via NextDoor I found a neighbor who refinished a couple of side tables for me.  I think we’re about done…with the inside.  I want more flowering plants in the yard.

• Like 3