Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Good morning!  Had Lyft drive us to the airport this morning.  When we got out of the car, I had to lock once, twice, even three times to make sure DH didn’t leave anything in the car…like our passports.  😲 😠 Don’t want to go through that again.

Very soon…..To the friendly skies.

66BA7E9A-9E36-4580-BAAC-D0950E75E649.thumb.jpeg.54a04992947b01deeb63fe7d8947391f.jpeg

5070373A-861B-41C6-95CF-C2F638B81D69.thumb.jpeg.437943971d0da18379590e0172d53b68.jpeg

It is always nice when the status says On Time🙂 Have a great trip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Good morning!  Had Lyft drive us to the airport this morning.  When we got out of the car, I had to lock once, twice, even three times to make sure DH didn’t leave anything in the car…like our passports.  😲 😠 Don’t want to go through that again.

66BA7E9A-9E36-4580-BAAC-D0950E75E649.thumb.jpeg.54a04992947b01deeb63fe7d8947391f.jpeg

5070373A-861B-41C6-95CF-C2F638B81D69.thumb.jpeg.437943971d0da18379590e0172d53b68.jpeg

Have a great time in Hawaii!  Are you staying on Oahu or going to another island?  I can't remember if you already talked about where you're going.

I love Hawaii...my favorite place on earth.  If any of you ever hack into one of my accounts and are faced with answering the security question, "What is your favorite vacation place", you'll have no problem getting into my account. 😁

• Haha 10

I finally broke down and bought a new iPhone...the 14 Pro Max for its camera capabilities.  I decided to do a full backup and restore from my old phone (12 Pro Max) to the new one.  Backing up the old one is taking forever.  I can't play games on my old phone while waiting, but I can at least hang out here.  

Twiddling Thumbs GIFs | Tenor

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I finally broke down and bought a new iPhone...the 14 Pro Max for its camera capabilities.  I decided to do a full backup and restore from my old phone (12 Pro Max) to the new one.  Backing up the old one is taking forever.  I can't play games on my old phone while waiting, but I can at least hang out here.  

What do you back your old phone up to and do you use a cable or blue tooth connection? I use a Samsung portable hard drive and connect by cable. The phone backs up in just minutes.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Have a great time! Is this a land trip, cruise or both?

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Good morning everyone!  I was hoping to do some raking and seeding my front lawn this morning, but it's way too breezy here for that. Luckily, I'm never wanting for something else to spend my day doing;  so, I'm vacuuming and washing towels instead.

My Koi seem to be "chomping at the bit" for me to begin feeding season, but I'm waiting for temps to be around 55 during the day, and 50 at night.  That's what I was told at the Koi Garden store by me.  

Today started out nice but it’s turned cold and windy.  I agree Maryann, there is always something to do inside - laundry, dusting, vacuuming, or maybe reading or catching up on CC, lol. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Today started out nice but it’s turned cold and windy.  I agree Maryann, there is always something to do inside - laundry, dusting, vacuuming, or maybe reading or catching up on CC, lol. 

It really is not nice outside. Windy, damp, and raw. And I am NOT turning the heat back on.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Andy has been in Las Vegas since Saturday, he gets in late tonight.  I spent the weekend walking down nostalgia lane.  Our oldest turns 40 in May and there’s not a thing in the world she needs, but we’re going to make her a photo album (through Shutterfly) of her 40 years.  So I’ve gone through boxes and boxes of old pictures gathering the first round of all her baby, school, sports and prom pictures.  Now we have to narrow down the best ones to use.  Lots of memories in those boxes! 

• Like 22

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I know there are agencies that specify in medical house calls when patients are unable to get to a doctor's office.  I doubt none of my or Jack's established doctors make house calls and we live in a very safe area too.

Several of my doctors make house calls in addition to their in office practice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Andy has been in Las Vegas since Saturday, he gets in late tonight.  I spent the weekend walking down nostalgia lane.  Our oldest turns 40 in May and there’s not a thing in the world she needs, but we’re going to make her a photo album (through Shutterfly) of her 40 years.  So I’ve gone through boxes and boxes of old pictures gathering the first round of all her baby, school, sports and prom pictures.  Now we have to narrow down the best ones to use.  Lots of memories in those boxes! 

That's a sweet gift.  But I'm sure you know you'll be making two more in the future.  🙂 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

What a meaningful gift! I'm turning 50 next month and I would love to have something like that. But all of my childhood photos are on slides and might as well not exist as difficult as they are to sort through. I've thought about doing Legacy Box or something similar for my parents in order to get them digitized, but there are just thousands of slides and I don't think they could manage dealing with them. 😞

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

“On time to Honolulu” - that is a happy sign right there.  Have a wonderful trip 🌺

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

What do you back your old phone up to and do you use a cable or blue tooth connection? I use a Samsung portable hard drive and connect by cable. The phone backs up in just minutes.

I use a USB cable between the phone and my Windows computer...backing up to iTunes.  iTunes is a terrible app but it's the only way that I know to back up to a computer.  The alternative is to pay $10 a month for enough iCloud storage space to backup everything to the cloud.  My old phone had 256 GB of memory, of which I had used 203 GB...so a lot to back up.  My new phone is now up a running with everything exactly like it was on my old phone.  The process involved:

1. Upgrading my old phone to the newest OS version (took maybe 10 minutes)

2. Completely backup my old phone (took about an hour)

3. Set up the new phone as a brand new "blank" phone and activate my old phone number on the new phone (took maybe 5 minutes)

4. Upgrade the new phone to the newest OS version.  You can't restore a backup from one phone to another phone unless they are running the same OS version.  (took maybe 10 minutes)

5. Restore the backup on my computer from my old phone to the new phone (took about an hour)

6. Restart and set up the new phone again with all of the restored apps/data (took maybe 10 minutes)

All told, it took about 2.5 hours.  I've been through this process before (although it's been 2 years) and knew what was involved, so it was just a matter of waiting and occassionally pushing buttons.  I'm very computer literate and it's still a bit confusing.  The alternative to someone doing it at home is to spend a couple of hours at the phone store while someone there does it.

I don't know if the long amount of time backing up is related to doing a complete backup of all 200+ GB, or if iPhones are just typically slower in backing up than a Samsung/Android.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I use a USB cable between the phone and my Windows computer...backing up to iTunes.  iTunes is a terrible app but it's the only way that I know to back up to a computer.  The alternative is to pay $10 a month for enough iCloud storage space to backup everything to the cloud

That is what I use to back up to the computer, and it is always a good idea to have your phone backed up.

I used Apple’s quick start the last time I upgraded phones.  You just have to have both phones with the same OS version.

If you have IOS 15, Apple will give you enough storage in iCloud for 21 days, for free, to move to your new iPhone by using “Prepare for new iPhone “

5 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Have a great time which I know you will. Please post some pictures of your amazing adventures.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Welcome to the club. I love mine. Did you get the 1TB? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Have a wonderful time in Hawaii, Helen and Marty, and enjoy your cruise in a few weeks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I use a USB cable between the phone and my Windows computer...backing up to iTunes.  iTunes is a terrible app but it's the only way that I know to back up to a computer.  The alternative is to pay $10 a month for enough iCloud storage space to backup everything to the cloud.  My old phone had 256 GB of memory, of which I had used 203 GB...so a lot to back up.  My new phone is now up a running with everything exactly like it was on my old phone.  The process involved:

1. Upgrading my old phone to the newest OS version (took maybe 10 minutes)

2. Completely backup my old phone (took about an hour)

3. Set up the new phone as a brand new "blank" phone and activate my old phone number on the new phone (took maybe 5 minutes)

4. Upgrade the new phone to the newest OS version.  You can't restore a backup from one phone to another phone unless they are running the same OS version.  (took maybe 10 minutes)

5. Restore the backup on my computer from my old phone to the new phone (took about an hour)

6. Restart and set up the new phone again with all of the restored apps/data (took maybe 10 minutes)

All told, it took about 2.5 hours.  I've been through this process before (although it's been 2 years) and knew what was involved, so it was just a matter of waiting and occassionally pushing buttons.  I'm very computer literate and it's still a bit confusing.  The alternative to someone doing it at home is to spend a couple of hours at the phone store while someone there does it.

I don't know if the long amount of time backing up is related to doing a complete backup of all 200+ GB, or if iPhones are just typically slower in backing up than a Samsung/Android.

20 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

That is what I use to back up to the computer, and it is always a good idea to have your phone backed up.

I used Apple’s quick start the last time I upgraded phones.  You just have to have both phones with the same OS version.

If you have IOS 15, Apple will give you enough storage in iCloud for 21 days, for free, to move to your new iPhone by using “Prepare for new iPhone “

Do you guys have an option like Samsung has called "smart switch"? It allows you to connect the old phone with the new through the USB-C port or with Bluetooth and the app will transfer everything from old phone to new.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

That's a really lovely gift, Deb!    Boxes, and boxes, and boxes, etc. in my closet.

• Like 1