Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday, the grandkids were off school, so I had to watch them for the day.  Making chocolate chip cookies was one of the activities I planned.  

I guess the secret to having lots of chips in each cookie is to ignore that 2 cup measure and dump a 36 oz. bag in.   Even Ricky was shocked at the amount. 

IMG_9158.thumb.jpeg.157a3e3bb433e3b42351dfcec8fe9177.jpeg

So after the cookies were baked, they put a Reese’s mini in the center and started decorating.  

IMG_9160.thumb.jpeg.2c486e64af70ca3fadc6929456b878f2.jpeg

And now there are spiders on the cookies. 

I did have to break down and sample one.   Yum!

They sure do look yummy and adorable or I should say scary 🫠.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

They are there, keep looking! Love your pics. Drink a Kraken Colada for me!!

Ha ha ha. Teatotaler. Drinking French Caribbean Virginia, which the bar tender politely said, Mama, next time just say Mango Daquiri😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

The Turkey kept peeing at the Amazon vehicle, and wouldn’t let the driver out.  I guess someone’s package is going to be late.  

I hate autocorrect.  I just noticed this when I went back.  

Actually, he was pecking, not peeing at the driver.   🤣🤣

• Haha 21

Eric and I have had an physcially and mentally exhausted week.    

As you may recall we had a last minute problem with laundry sink in basement of his Mom's house that we were selling back up.    We did get a drain guy out there Monday night to look at and he came back Tuesday morning to do a clean out.     Said it was the drain pipe from Master bathroom and hall bath upstairs that had a clog.    Said all was clear and good to go.    

Closing was supposed to take place Tuesday at 2 pm and in good faith we asked our Realtor to let the buyers know that we had a last minute drain issue but all was resolved.     The buyers asked to extend closing until Thursday as they wanted to make sure themselves all was good.    We agreed.    Thursday came and went and they asked to extend closing until Friday afternoon.    We told him he had until 3 pm Friday to close.     Friday at 3:30 pm we received his request to terminate contract asking for full refund of their $10K deposit stating they had concerns about drain but were unable to get a plumber inspect.     

Twist to this story is the buyer had hired their own electrician to do some work in changing out main power line that connects to the house (that we did not authorize).    We stumbled upon this contractor working on Wednesday.     We immediately called our realtor and advised we did NOT authorize this electrical work.   He phoned the buyers and was told "he forgot to cancel the electrician as he had scheduled him thinking he was closing on Tuesday"    Now that he had the main power line for the whole house disconnected.    We told the electrician to finish up and reconnect/restore power to the house asap and that we are NOT responsible for paying him as we did Not authorize the work and the person that hired him did Not own the home.     He looked shocked and kept apologizing.   

On this same trip to the house we noticed a couple of items that we said we would leave with the home in the shed and garage for the new buyer (snow blower, lawn mower, small pressure washer, leaf blower and some misc. garden tools that were hanging up) were all gone from the property.       Looks like some sneaky action by the prospective buyer but this was Wednesday so I we thought okay let's see if he closes by end of week.   

Back to current time, he did Not close and we advised him we will Not issue full refund of his deposit money until he provides proof he paid for the electrician he hired to insure we are not financially liable and we want everything that is missing from the home to be returned ASAP.    

Eric has been so stressed out about everything so last night we turned off the outside world and had a nice relaxing evening in front of the fireplace with a bottle of kraken (almost gone).  

Meanwhile our Realtor contacted a couple that had made a back-up offer and we accepted their offer last night and they are scheduled to close on November 10th.    Fingers and toes crossed this one happens.      

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 18

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Meanwhile our Realtor contacted a couple that had made a back-up offer and we accepted their offer last night and they are scheduled to close on November 10th.    Fingers and toes crossed this one happens.      

Great news Debbie.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

As you may recall we had a last minute problem with laundry sink in basement of his Mom's house that we were selling back up.    We did get a drain guy out there Monday night to look at and he came back Tuesday morning to do a clean out.     Said it was the drain pipe from Master bathroom and hall bath upstairs that had a clog.    Said all was clear and good to go.    

Closing was supposed to take place Tuesday at 2 pm and in good faith we asked our Realtor to let the buyers know that we had a last minute drain issue but all was resolved.     The buyers asked to extend closing until Thursday as they wanted to make sure themselves all was good.    We agreed.    Thursday came and went and they asked to extend closing until Friday afternoon.    We told him he had until 3 pm Friday to close.     Friday at 3:30 pm we received his request to terminate contract asking for full refund of their $10K deposit stating they had concerns about drain but were unable to get a plumber inspect.     

Twist to this story is the buyer had hired their own electrician to do some work in changing out main power line that connects to the house (that we did not authorize).    We stumbled upon this contractor working on Wednesday.     We immediately called our realtor and advised we did NOT authorize this electrical work.   He phoned the buyers and was told "he forgot to cancel the electrician as he had scheduled him thinking he was closing on Tuesday"    Now that he had the main power line for the whole house disconnected.    We told the electrician to finish up and reconnect/restore power to the house asap and that we are NOT responsible for paying him as we did Not authorize the work and the person that hired him did Not own the home.     He looked shocked and kept apologizing.   On this same trip to the house we noticed a couple of items that we said we would leave with the home in the shed and garage for the new buyer (snow blower, lawn mower, small pressure washer, leaf blower and some misc. garden tools that were hanging up) were all gone from the property.       Looks like some sneaky action by the prospective buyer but this was Wednesday so I we thought okay let's see if he closes by end of week.   

Back to current time, he did Not close and we advised him we will Not issue full refund of his deposit money until he provides proof he paid for the electrician he hired to insure we are not financially liable and we want everything that is missing from the home to be returned ASAP.    

Eric has been so stressed out about everything so last night we turned off the outside world and had a nice relaxing evening in front of the fireplace with a bottle of kraken (almost gone).  

Wow.  That stinks! Glad to see you have a backup plan!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Twist to this story is the buyer had hired their own electrician to do some work in changing out main power line that connects to the house (that we did not authorize).    We stumbled upon this contractor working on Wednesday.     We immediately called our realtor and advised we did NOT authorize this electrical work.   He phoned the buyers and was told "he forgot to cancel the electrician as he had scheduled him thinking he was closing on Tuesday"    Now that he had the main power line for the whole house disconnected.    We told the electrician to finish up and reconnect/restore power to the house asap and that we are NOT responsible for paying him as we did Not authorize the work and the person that hired him did Not own the home.     He looked shocked and kept apologizing.   

On this same trip to the house we noticed a couple of items that we said we would leave with the home in the shed and garage for the new buyer (snow blower, lawn mower, small pressure washer, leaf blower and some misc. garden tools that were hanging up) were all gone from the property.       Looks like some sneaky action by the prospective buyer but this was Wednesday so I we thought okay let's see if he closes by end of week.   

Wow, sorry you are having to go through all of that and when you were tryung to nice letting them know what had happened.  Home sales are never fun but that's crazy.  Our sale fell thru on our NJ home just under a week before closing, they had financing issues, took us a few months to get another buyer.  Sounds like you are set, hoping all goes well from here on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1