Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 10/11/2023 at 2:00 PM, BonTexasNY said:

Jack asked his sister the same thing knowing there are going to be shortages.  So far since yesterday, her place is well stocked.  Not sure how long that will last.  

And thank you for popping in and updating us.  I know your mind is elsewhere. 😢

Greg, here's hoping things work out for you and Linda in time for your cruise.  So sorry to hear about Linda's brother.

Marietta, thank you very much!  I'm sorry he's going through such a difficult time.  I hope his family is well.

Thank you Bonnie for thinking of me and Marietta for reaching out to me.Two friends that I knew since HS passed away .One had Cancer but the other was in good health .Her death was a shock to all who knew her.My god daughters mother who has been a friend for 50 years has a rare form of Leukemia and began treatment today.

My friends and relatives (30 people) are all okay.My granddaughter in college became friends with three young women ,studying at the college who are Israeli citizens.She called me today to tell me she does not know how to comfort her friends.My daughter flew out to the college to be with her daughter.

I hope and pray that Dani and family are okay.I will try and catch up tonight

• Like 9

On 10/11/2023 at 2:02 PM, Arzeena said:

I am glad to hear that he is OK. Wish him the best from me. I was kind of concerned but kept pushing that thought away and thinking positive.

It has been very difficult for me dealing with personal issues plus what is going on in Israel.I have not slept that much .I am trying to catch up.Thank you for thinking about me.

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

So I made it a me day and went to Santa Monica. Spent the afternoon at the pier and now I’m wandering and shopping  downtown just off Santa Monica Blvd on 3rd up and down the promenade.  DW is with DD for a few days so I’ve been baching it. Gorgeous weather and a great day so far today. 

I’m waiting to take some sunset pics from the beach around 615 PDT. Then I’ll plan the evening. 

IMG_1373.thumb.jpeg.2e0372d25108a9fa756e2f9f27a905bf.jpeg

sliders and HH margaritas. 

IMG_1376.thumb.jpeg.7d0c957444787a3baa06a58f5753c0bd.jpeg

IMG_1383.thumb.jpeg.e71d08f05ac4d69d1def070449f01445.jpeg

IMG_1382.thumb.jpeg.3d6675d6945cdc4c323c39c3b99f78a9.jpeg

IMG_1384.thumb.png.15f73270845033ef2d76f64c8c0abc26.png

You might want to consider Shutters on the Beach for happy hour drinks and nibbles .  They have a room available at $ 1, 054.00 for the night . Schwarzenegger used to own a restaurant on 3rd St promenade.  Must have sold it , don’t know ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

The doctor wanted me on statins. That was a big part of my motivation to get serious about my weight loss. There are all kinds of other benefits along with my lower blood pressure and lower cholesterol.

Yes that’s my motivation as well.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Nice pic. Where is that?

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

Sunset at Santa Monica beach

IMG_1393.thumb.jpeg.787591df8570e2baf4168571cc515a86.jpeg

IMG_1399.thumb.jpeg.15ef17744bd1a05a202d0091e317c32e.jpeg

IMG_1400.thumb.jpeg.b9233e24f8dc664b995371cc1c85a19b.jpeg

IMG_1402.thumb.jpeg.cb6a736b29872b4bcd4662f7174e9a47.jpeg

Beautiful photos !  My photo is of the Sheraton Wall Center hotel on Burrard across the street from St Paul’s hospital. We were in the south tower . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Oh my, I wish you could edit in a longer time.  I meant to write benign, but it was too late to edit.  

All I know is we will both rest easier once the results are back.  

Oh, thank God!  I hope you both get the results back quickly, so you can put this all behind you.  How is Susan feeling since her surgery?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Beautiful photos !  My photo is of the Sheraton Wall Center hotel on Burrard across the street from St Paul’s hospital. We were in the south tower . 

I love Vancouver so much...you're just a block or so away from one of my favorite 24 hr bakeries, Breka.

9 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

I love Vancouver so much...you're just a block or so away from one of my favorite 24 hr bakeries, Breka.

Next time , we’ll make it to the Breka bakery. The closest we came this time was in the elevator at the hotel . The man carrying a large Breka box would not share . I liked Vancouver and the residents are friendly. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

BMI is about one step above worthless and that is on the best of days.

I agree.  Reminds me when my middle daughter brought home a BMI report from school that said that based on her BMI she was borderline obese!  What a joke!  She had been in gymnastics several years and very muscular.   We were thankful she had not looked at the report.   We told the school not to do this report on her again.  Who knows what effect that would of had on her if she would of read she was borderline obese!

• Like 9

@dani negreanu Mike and I are heart broken over what is going on in Israel and with it’s people. Please know we thinking of you and your family, also @BonTexasNY you and Jack are also in our thoughts. Hoping this all ends soon for the last time. Take care.

On 10/12/2023 at 2:18 AM, Jimbo said:

Why can't all airlines fly like this?

$$$$$$

• Like 3

On 10/12/2023 at 2:08 PM, mo&fran said:

Looks like we will be boarding Adventure this Saturday. I have been eating real food, although I still have my tube. I will bring some food containers, but I shouldn't be needing much, WE cleared all of this with the oncologist. although we still have one last appointment tomorrow.

We will be on for three weeks.

On 10/12/2023 at 5:28 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

I would love to have it in January but I don't think it would work.   We were unable to get an accessible room for this cruise so I don't know if it would fit through the door.  Also I don't want to risk damage flying with it.  We are currently working on getting the Highlander set up to be able to haul it on a hatch but driving from here to Miami is almost a 17 hour drive without stopping so I don't think I could handle that.

We are in a guaranteed balcony.   I wish we could confirm the width of the door.  If we are unable to rent a scooter or electric wheelchair we have the Rollator that converts to a transport chair.

I am sure we will enjoy meeting up!

Definitely looking forward to meeting you and your family. We’ll have to have some drinks at the Schooner Bar. I’m sure @Ourusualbeach will also be in there.

23 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Just a word for @ReneeFLL

Re. solarium 18+... don't do it... don't engage... abandon all hope if you get sucked down into that vortex of contention. LOL 

🤣

Thanks for the warning as sometimes I just can’t help myself. 😁  He sure loves to stir the pot and he just won’t quit. After my comment where I had the wave hands, I wasn’t going to engage with him no matter how hard he tried. I haven’t been back over there since I needed to catch up here, but I’ll go and have a peek.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 10/12/2023 at 12:12 AM, Sea Dog said:

Yes my stomach is a lot better. My lymph nodes in my groin are still a little swollen and tender but they are getting better.

I know it’s crazy but I have most of the Christmas decorations up. I figured it was easier to do it before we cruise than trying to get it in before my surgery. The outdoor decorations are going to be scaled back. I’m not putting up the 3 animated trees, too much work and I won’t be able to take them down after Christmas. Here is a pic of the great room tree before it gets decorated next to some decorations for Halloween.

IMG_2213.thumb.jpeg.5e21e44c91e87ffd9cbbda4c17790deb.jpeg

Here’s our white Holiday tree we put up under the tiki hut. It wasn’t finished when I took this picture. There are candy ornaments still missing and the tree skirt. We love rotating tree stands. We will probably put this one up inside this year since it doesn’t take nearly as long as our bigger green one and we will be on a cruise over Christmas. 

IMG_0161.thumb.jpeg.0cf74d330b8a8f13d4d3ddfc7b45f667.jpeg

• Like 19

12 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Here’s our white Holiday tree we put up under the tiki hut. It wasn’t finished when I took this picture. There are candy ornaments still missing and the tree skirt. We love rotating tree stands. We will probably put this one up inside this year since it doesn’t take nearly as long as our bigger green one and we will be on a cruise over Christmas. 

IMG_0161.thumb.jpeg.0cf74d330b8a8f13d4d3ddfc7b45f667.jpeg

I love this! Looks fantastic!!

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I really don’t think the BMI is an accurate indicator of a healthy weight. According to every BMI, calculator that I have tried for myself, to get into the normal range, I need to weigh 194 pounds.

I haven’t been 194 pounds since 1989.  I was addicted to crack and living in my car. 

So happy you have kicked that habit and you now help others. I’m sure it means more to them coming from someone who has been there.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Oh my, I wish you could edit in a longer time.  I meant to write benign, but it was too late to edit.  

All I know is we will both rest easier once the results are back.  

Hoping it’s benign.

Just now, Sea Dog said:

I love this! Looks fantastic!!

Thanks. 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2023 at 2:08 PM, mo&fran said:

Looks like we will be boarding Adventure this Saturday. I have been eating real food, although I still have my tube. I will bring some food containers, but I shouldn't be needing much, WE cleared all of this with the oncologist. although we still have one last appointment tomorrow.

We will be on for three weeks.

So happy to hear you will be able to go on the cruises.

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2023 at 11:49 PM, Tree_skier said:

Just a word for @ReneeFLL

Re. solarium 18+... don't do it... don't engage... abandon all hope if you get sucked down into that vortex of contention. LOL 

🤣

He obviously has a horribly memory. I’ve read him say this so many times, but keeping it 🤐.

Can you please provide me with a statistical review of how many times I've said, "I like to play devil's advocate".  I don't seem to remember saying it more than MAYBE 2 or 3 times out of almost 5K posts.”

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, NHProud said:

I can't believe I never I didn't guess it... My old hometown never even crossed my mind. 🙂

• Like 1