Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes time does fly. Hard to believe next year we will have our high school 50 year reunion.

You youngster, you!   My 50 year college reunion is this year.

My wife will have her 50 year high school reunion next year too.  She will be matching ages with you and John when she has her birthday next month. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

My wife will have her 50 year high school reunion next year too.  She will be matching ages with you and John when she has her birthday next month. 

Long story but I am one of the older members of my class as I took 3rd grade over.

Why? We moved to a new house in the middle of the year. The school district I came from used the old math method. The new district used new modern math teaching. Even though I did ok my teacher talked to my parents about taking third grade over to firmly grasp the concepts. My parents asked if I was ok with it. Not knowing any better I said sure. The one advantage it did give me besides understanding math better was  when I got to high school I was one of the first to get my drivers license thus making me very popular. I guess it was better to be one of the older members of my class than one of the youngest.

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

You are a youngster too! My 50th wedding anniversary is this summer.  Guess what we’re doing to celebrate - we’re cruising!  We couldn’t find a special one we liked on the actual date, so we’re going early.  We got married on Labor Day weekend so that Dave could work as long as possible and we could have a few days before college classes began.  We were poor married students for 2 more years before we graduated and got real jobs.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes time does fly. Hard to believe next year we will have our high school 50 year reunion.

I graduated in 74.  I've been getting reunion letters.  Several events packed into about 3 days.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sorry Graham, it is hard to accept that we can’t do what we used to.  I am sure you will find plenty to do instead!

Thank you Marietta.

I last played golf about 7 years ago around the same time I joined cruise critic.

We like to cruise and travel and go to church on a Sunday and eat out a lot.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you Maryann! Will be going out to a nice steak dinner with Linda and son Jonathan!

@Sea Dog HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend. Hope you enjoyed that steak and Old Fashioned. You still have 2 more years to catch up to me, but I'm still going to keep running, (okay, walking & limping) ahead of you.🤣😂

Edited by cruisingpeople
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

52 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I graduated in 74.  I've been getting reunion letters.  Several events packed into about 3 days.

I graduated in '73 & '74. They liked me so much, I was invited to come back for 6 more months so I could make up that 1/2 credit that I was missing. The nice thing is that I can go to twice as many reunions.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well. 
This upcoming August 10, 2024 our 33 wedding Anniversary- I will be celebrating with fellow classmates our 50th class reunion. 

Seems like just yesterday I was the 

“who’s that kid”. 
Quiet, blended into the woodwork. 

Times have changed. Now they will say”Sue who?  

I wasn’t very popular. Plus our class graduated 356. It was easy to be lost in the shuffle. And it didn’t help being a  16 years old senior  and turning 17 in my senior year. 

This will be the second reunion I will be attending.  Went to 10 year. 

I missed the 

3 month

6 month

9 month

1 year

5 year

15 year

20 year

25 year

30 year

35 year

40 year 

60th birthday celebration. 

You see one of our classmates parents owned a banquet hall and we just got it for free. Also,  they liked to party.  
They sold the hall when they retired. 

70 students got suspended senior year for consuming alcoholic beverages at a football game.  They started young and continued, that’s why the group parties continued. 

I kinda want to go. 

The committee has been busy and were able to raise almost the complete cost of a party weekend. 

The final cost for a weekend with DJs, social hours dinner and surprises is $19.74. (1974) the year we graduated. 

Oh well. Should be interesting. 

Be safe. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Nice thing is that I have many friends from the class of 1974 that I still keep in contact with.

28 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

@Sea Dog HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend. Hope you enjoyed that steak and Old Fashioned. You still have 2 more years to catch up to me, but I'm still going to keep running, (okay, walking & limping) ahead of you.🤣😂

Thanks Joe! I would run after you but probably would trip and fall. 😁

6 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Well. 
This upcoming August 10, 2024 our 33 wedding Anniversary- I will be celebrating with fellow classmates our 50th class reunion. 

Seems like just yesterday I was the 

“who’s that kid”. 
Quiet, blended into the woodwork. 

Times have changed. Now they will say”Sue who?  

I wasn’t very popular. Plus our class graduated 356. It was easy to be lost in the shuffle. And it didn’t help being a  16 years old senior  and turning 17 in my senior year. 

This will be the second reunion I will be attending.  Went to 10 year. 

I missed the 

3 month

6 month

9 month

1 year

5 year

15 year

20 year

25 year

30 year

35 year

40 year 

60th birthday celebration. 

You see one of our classmates parents owned a banquet hall and we just got it for free. Also,  they liked to party.  
They sold the hall when they retired. 

70 students got suspended senior year for consuming alcoholic beverages at a football game.  They started young and continued, that’s why the group parties continued. 

I kinda want to go. 

The committee has been busy and were able to raise almost the complete cost of a party weekend. 

The final cost for a weekend with DJs, social hours dinner and surprises is $19.74. (1974) the year we graduated. 

Oh well. Should be interesting. 

Be safe. 

Have a great time. I always have fun at our reunions.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Arzeena said:

This came as a surprise....Our anniversary is in September but some kind soul at Celebrity decided it will also be celebrated today.....

20240516_114548.jpg

20240516_114511.jpg

Every day in a marriage should or could be a day to celebrate each other.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Thank you Lenny.

I am sorry for your friend.

Close friends and family know about Christopher John.

Some friends and colleagues are not aware  of our loss.

People deal with grief in many ways.

Our faith has seen us through. 
We believe we will see him again in heaven.

I think of him as our guardian angel.

Not that we no longer think of him and love him, but we are blessed with many children in our lives, especially our “adopted” grandchildren who keep us young(er).

Our GS was just initiated into the National Honor Society.

Our GD plays the bass in the school orchestra and was given first chair in a recent concert given by a LI regional student orchestra. 
Beyond being good students , they are good people with kind and generous hearts!

We are grateful.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

You are a beautiful soul

22 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Thank you Lenny.

I am sorry for your friend.

Close friends and family know about Christopher John.

Some friends and colleagues are not aware  of our loss.

People deal with grief in many ways.

Our faith has seen us through. 
We believe we will see him again in heaven.

I think of him as our guardian angel.

Not that we no longer think of him and love him, but we are blessed with many children in our lives, especially our “adopted” grandchildren who keep us young(er).

Our GS was just initiated into the National Honor Society.

Our GD plays the bass in the school orchestra and was given first chair in a recent concert given by a LI regional student orchestra. 
Beyond being good students , they are good people with kind and generous hearts!

We are grateful.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

You are a beautiful soul,MJ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

My 60th.year college reunion will be next year .In three years I will be married 60 years.Even with all my medical problems I do not feel that old.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My HS has a very active alumni association .When the 50th.reunion was being planned the reunion organizer found it impossible to find 100 alum which was the requirement for the restaurants party room.She found a guy who moved after his Junior year and invited him and a guy who never went to our HS,that was a bit strange.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ATG said:

You are a youngster too! My 50th wedding anniversary is this summer.  Guess what we’re doing to celebrate - we’re cruising!  We couldn’t find a special one we liked on the actual date, so we’re going early.

We will be cruising for our 44th wedding anniversary this summer, and it will be on the actual date.   It wasn’t as if we were planning it that way, because we are taking grandkids along.   It will also be the anniversary of our first cruise.

• Like 6

I can’t believe no one has mentioned the Rangers game yet.  There had to be a lot of celebrating when Kreider got his third period hat trick to come from behind against the Canes.  

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

This is cool it came out to $19.74!  Not only cool but very reasonable.   Our committee sent 3 events.  One was dining $100 or $50 each Another was confusing, I saw $35 and $50 each mentioned.   Then there was golfing ️ and the cost wasn't mentioned, that I noticed. 

Where we live now they have a reunion the weekend of a football game.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I can’t believe no one has mentioned the Rangers game yet.  There had to be a lot of celebrating when Kreider got his third period hat trick to come from behind against the Canes.  

All I heard was how hot the stadium got after the game ....... I heard it started getting hot right after all the fans left.  😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How are the kids and she doing?

The kids seem a lot better but my daughter is still dealing with a lot. She misses him, they were together 23 years so it makes sense.  Thank you so much for your support.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1