Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Luckynana  OMG Maryann. As I was typing my response, she just called to say we should come get the girls. They were at the grocery store and she either wet her pants or her water broke lol.  Update to come!

Waiting for good news!

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Luckynana  OMG Maryann. As I was typing my response, she just called to say we should come get the girls. They were at the grocery store and she either wet her pants or her water broke lol.  Update to come!

How exciting.  

• Like 3

IMG_3223.thumb.jpeg.523bbf209eb336e1b26f3db0db613093.jpeg

The last few days we’ve been taking Emma on the Montour Trail near our house.  She enjoys riding in the truck and we need to take breaks getting out of the house.  Too many memories of Oliver all over.  Luckily I have a good stock of bourbon 😁

That picture is the Montour Run Creek which is very high from heavy rains last night.  Cut the grass twice in 4 days it been raining so much.  😩 

Heres Emma conked out after her adventure.

image.thumb.jpg.e1482d38531b5943ea490eff60ee4000.jpg

• Like 19

12 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

IMG_3223.thumb.jpeg.523bbf209eb336e1b26f3db0db613093.jpeg

The last few days we’ve been taking Emma on the Montour Trail near our house.  She enjoys riding in the truck and we need to take breaks getting out of the house.  Too many memories of Oliver all over.  Luckily I have a good stock of bourbon 😁

That picture is the Montour Run Creek which is very high from heavy rains last night.  Cut the grass twice in 4 days it been raining so much.  😩 

Heres Emma conked out after her adventure.

image.thumb.jpg.e1482d38531b5943ea490eff60ee4000.jpg

Emma looks very comfortable and she is a very pretty dog.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann, here's another yiddish word that goes with "nachas".  It's "kvell" -  which means to burst with pride or excitement, especially for someone else.  I know this explains how you feel about your wonderful Jack. 

May you always continue to "kvell" with "nachas" from your family!!

A bit of kindergarten: I went to kindergarten when I was 5 in a NYC public school.  My teacher, Mrs. Grinnon, remembered having my sister in her class 2 years before.  When I was in 6th grade, I became her monitor, setting things up.  I don't recall when I had the time to do this during class but it was the highlight of my day.

Thank you, Bonnie.  I really appreciate your lovely words, as well as your increasing my Yiddish vocabulary at the same time!🥰😘

What a lovely and special relationship you and your kindergarten teacher shared through the years.  One of my daughters has been a friend on facebook with her 5th grade teacher for many years now.  

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Congratulation on Jacks achievements.

Thank you, Lenny!😊

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

And I presume they know where the can opener is…😁

I was waiting for someone to bring that up!!!  LOL!

I'm glad it's working out for you with the wheelchair and good to hear you'll have the boot to help.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Awesome news, Deb!!!!  That is fantastic!!  How far away does your daughter live from you?  My memory is so bad....Congratulations!!!  👣

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here in PA.   We've been stuck in this pattern of rain almost every day.   Weather forecasters initially said the rain would stop around 2 pm today but now saying 8 pm.    Guess no yard work today.   Looks like Sunday through Wednesday will be nice but of course I will be at work Monday thru Wednesday.   

We will be staying at the house June 15th to June 29th then it is fully booked up through end of September.

I'm so over this weather, Debbie, as are many of us.  Meanwhile, back in Naples, my friends are dealing with very hot, humid (but dry) weather there.

Good to hear that you'll get to enjoy the two weeks in June at your Summer home.  Friends of ours are in the process of selling their home in Seaside Park.  I'll miss getting to see them in the Summer.  

• Thanks 1

It was a beautiful, sunny day for a change here.  A good day for a surprise party, and our friend was surprised.  

Afterward, we headed out to find a nice, shady trail to get our daily exercise.   This one was nice, because it was about five miles of shade. 

IMG_1155.thumb.jpeg.c4f404ceec553da4b1992cee693da95a.jpeg

Before you know it, and we logged over 22,000 steps. 

IMG_1157.thumb.jpeg.ab3ba43c24fe6bbac4a47a704b315902.jpeg

Tomorrow is our granddaughter’s concert, so we will be listening to her singing all afternoon.  

• Like 14

20 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

@Luckynana  Maryann we had a foggy morning today in Michigan but once it burned off around 11am it turned into a beautiful day so I am hopeful this will come to you tomorrow!!!

Thank you, Jen!  As the saying goes "from your lips to God's ears!" 

When do you leave for Italy and your cruise?  Has Dave been feeling okay since his trip to the hospital last week?

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Cheers friends.  Had a bit of 1792 12 yr neat and going with some Old Forester 1910/water next.  At least it hasn’t started raining again 🤣

Maybe smoke some meat tomorrow if the weather holds up.

IMG_3224.thumb.jpeg.877f650249833a6dabc42ff91bd87fce.jpeg

Cheers!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I will make sure it is clearly displayed😁

LOL. We were at a house in the Outer Banks one year, and the flies were really bad when we were BBQing. (Wild Horses) . So, we bought a flyswatter at Food Lion. Poked around the cabinets some more...and found 5 of them, that others had purchased. 😁

I do remember the can opener lady! 😁

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Over 70 years, I still cherish that card and keep it in my "treasure box" of wonderful memories. 

Kudos to all the teachers out there who made a lasting, positive impression on a child.

Big oopsie.  I have the card 54 years, not over 70.  I was thinking of when I was in Kindergarten,

• Like 4

Sorry folks, nothing to see here. False alarm.  On the plus side, we got to have our granddaughters sleep over 🙂.  

@Luckynana they live about 40 minutes away, so time is of the essence when we get “the call”. Especially considering baby #2 was born only an hour after they got to the hospital.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

I didn't cook anything for dinner last night, but I did do some breakfast sandwich meal prep yesterday.  I play golf 3-4 times a week, usually with an early tee time that has me leaving the house without eating breakfast.  Sometimes, I'll grab a protein bar, or maybe a hard-boiled egg. 

I decided to make a bunch of sandwiches like a McDonald's sausage, egg, and cheese.  I scrambled 8 eggs with salt and pepper in a glass dish.

IMG_1288.thumb.jpg.fbbcaa9ad83fb3977a09d05d0b6ee873.jpg

Baked for 25 minutes at 350F

IMG_1289.thumb.jpg.53e80c703e0eb4e1ba19b8e8cfddfac6.jpg

Split a half dozen English muffins.

IMG_1290.thumb.jpg.a52c6de8e262d35841c93092be40d418.jpg

Cut the cooked eggs into 6 squares and put on the muffins

IMG_1291.thumb.jpg.dc7399cf5766b51e3e958b64b692128a.jpg

Top with a slice of American cheese.

IMG_1292.thumb.jpg.0be55c1056097e6dc453690f75c8ab50.jpg

Add a pre-cooked pork sausage patty.

IMG_1293.thumb.jpg.f168a489e1fac69a0e16099304a368f1.jpg

Add the English muffin top and you have 6 sandwiches.

IMG_1294.thumb.jpg.9c65c7463df776a5c6e9b29869427403.jpg

I individually wrapped each one with wax paper and a zip lock bag and put them in the freezer.  I will hopefully be able to microwave one to thaw and heat up as I'm getting ready to leave in the morning.  If that doesn't work well, I'll have to remember to move one from the freezer to the fridge the night before golf. 

I'm sure this will help my golf score tremendously.  🤣

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 14
  • Haha 5