Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 5/16/2024 at 1:07 AM, Momof3gurlz said:

Glad to see you posting Dani.  I (we) worry when we don’t hear from you but understand you may not be in the right frame of mind with all that’s happening.  Just know you are so often in my thoughts.  

@Momof3gurlz

Thank you Deb (and Andy, of course). You're so right. I'm living with a constant heavy stone literally on my chest, not enabling me to breath.... I'm enjoying some "glimpse" of normal life, like the trip we took to my roots.

But, otherwise, all is dark. This war could have been ended months ago, with the same results, but without so much loss of lives on both sides and useless damage. And the hostages are still there, and the Red Cross still didn't manage to visit/supply meds to any one of them.

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@taznremmy  Welcome home, Pat!  Good to hear from you.  Bummer about your cold.  There seems to be a lot of that going on around here where I live.  I hope you feel better quickly!

+ 1 Pat @taznremmy

12 minutes ago, derorim said:

@Sea Dog Greg, Happy Birthday to one of the nicest people on this thread. Cheers!

@Sea Dog

+ 1 Greg 💐 🥂 😘 [had a good laugh, much needed, at the "sea fog"]

@SteelCityCruiser10

Mark, may I join all the other posters in saying that I'm so sorry you've lost your regal Oliver 😢.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

May have received a upgrade just before the sailing and is maybe enjoying a large suite for their anniversary. If so I would give up a decorations in that case with no  problem.

3 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

The "real" anniversary couple are in the room next to us. I see our second hand decorations on their door! 😆.

Nice theory Jimbo but apparently an upgrade to the captain's quarters didn't happen.😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you Maryann! Will be going out to a nice steak dinner with Linda and son Jonathan!

Happy Birthdah, enjoy your dinner.  🎉🥂🎂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, taznremmy said:

@Sea Dog Wishing you a very happy birthday Greg.  Cheers!

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Greg, 

Wishing you a very happy birthday!

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

@Sea Dog

Greg. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Be safe. 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

@Sea Dog Happy Birthday Sea Dog. I'll raise a Kraken to you tonight!🍸

2 hours ago, derorim said:

@Sea Dog Greg, Happy Birthday to one of the nicest people on this thread.  Best wishes also to your lovely wife Linda from Andy and me.  Cheers!

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

@Sea DogHappy Birthday.  Have a wonderful day!

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@Momof3gurlz

Thank you Deb (and Andy, of course). You're so right. I'm living with a constant heavy stone literally on my chest, not enabling me to breath.... I'm enjoying some "glimpse" of normal life, like the trip we took to my roots.

But, otherwise, all is dark. This war could have been ended months ago, with the same results, but without so much loss of lives on both sides and useless damage. And the hostages are still there, and the Red Cross still didn't manage to visit/supply meds to any one of them.

+ 1 Pat @taznremmy

@Sea Dog

+ 1 Greg 💐 🥂 😘 [had a good laugh, much needed, at the "sea fog"]

@SteelCityCruiser10

Mark, may I join all the other posters in saying that I'm so sorry you've lost your regal Oliver 😢.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

@Sea Dog Happy Birthday Greg.   Having a kraken in your honor right now.   Or maybe it is because I need one tonight.

Have a great birthday celebration.

55 minutes ago, MancGirl21 said:

@Sea Dog Happy Birthday 🥳 

25 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Happy Birthdah, enjoy your dinner.  🎉🥂🎂

Thank you all very much for the birthday wishes. You are way too kind to me. Turning 68 is weird. I am now in the category of youngster at heart but my body tells me otherwise. I guess it’s all downhill now. Good thing is that I have 6 cruises booked so those will hopefully keep me young.

Had a fun day. Slept in and then had lunch at my favorite taco joint growing up. In-a-Tub.

IMG_4497.thumb.jpeg.fe04bcbaa69c26fa62800836d2a2c7be.jpeg

I’ve been going there for over 60 years. They are famous for their tacos which consist of meat and cheese clamped into a tortilla shell and then deep fried so the cheese and meat melt together. Then the shells are unclamped and lettuce and get this, powdered cheese is added. It’s definitely an acquired taste. 

IMG_4496.thumb.jpeg.c5fbc8311420d124a167b9403b729d49.jpeg

But I love them.

IMG_4498.thumb.jpeg.d3e0d7530129e65cab755200be6e616d.jpeg

Then tiki shopping at a high end bar and liquor  supply store. They have a very big selection of high end and hard to find rums. I picked up a couple of Ed Hamilton’s rums which are very good. His zombie blend is the best. Makes it so you don’t have to blend several runs together.

IMG_4499.thumb.jpeg.2469ee28a75910ba13d25e162acb2b48.jpeg

Jonathan came over and we went to a famous steakhouse here in KC, Jess and Jim’s. They have great steaks and their prices don’t break the bank. 8oz filet, loaded baked potato and salad for $45. Of course I had to have an old fashioned.

IMG_4500.thumb.jpeg.76e47ba8b134197a2f660543b960516e.jpeg

IMG_4501.thumb.jpeg.50d130f198514860af368ca78c4c596a.jpeg

IMG_4502.thumb.jpeg.50207ab0606face9ef4e8d3d08d10df5.jpeg

Steak was delicious and cooked perfectly at medium rare.

For presents Linda and Jonathan got me  a new iPad and a political gag gift that I can not show here for fear of having to play monopoly.

All in all a great day thanks to all of you who took the time to wish me a happy birthday. I am extremely blessed and grateful for all of you. 

Cheers!

the older dog.

• Like 24

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

The "real" anniversary couple are in the room next to us. I see our second hand decorations on their door! 😆.

OMG this is too funny!!!🤣

34 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you all very much for the birthday wishes. You are way too kind to me. Turning 68 is weird. I am now in the category of youngster at heart but my body tells me otherwise. I guess it’s all downhill now. Good thing is that I have 6 cruises booked so those will hopefully keep me young.

Had a fun day. Slept in and then had lunch at my favorite taco joint growing up. In-a-Tub.

IMG_4497.thumb.jpeg.fe04bcbaa69c26fa62800836d2a2c7be.jpeg

I’ve been going there for over 60 years. They are famous for their tacos which consist of meat and cheese clamped into a tortilla shell and then deep fried so the cheese and meat melt together. Then the shells are unclamped and lettuce and get this, powdered cheese is added. It’s definitely an acquired taste. 

IMG_4496.thumb.jpeg.c5fbc8311420d124a167b9403b729d49.jpeg

But I love them.

IMG_4498.thumb.jpeg.d3e0d7530129e65cab755200be6e616d.jpeg

Then tiki shopping at a high end bar and liquor  supply store. They have a very big selection of high end and hard to find rums. I picked up a couple of Ed Hamilton’s rums which are very good. His zombie blend is the best. Makes it so you don’t have to blend several runs together.

IMG_4499.thumb.jpeg.2469ee28a75910ba13d25e162acb2b48.jpeg

Jonathan came over and we went to a famous steakhouse here in KC, Jess and Jim’s. They have great steaks and their prices don’t break the bank. 8oz filet, loaded baked potato and salad for $45. Of course I had to have an old fashioned.

IMG_4500.thumb.jpeg.76e47ba8b134197a2f660543b960516e.jpeg

IMG_4501.thumb.jpeg.50d130f198514860af368ca78c4c596a.jpeg

IMG_4502.thumb.jpeg.50207ab0606face9ef4e8d3d08d10df5.jpeg

Steak was delicious and cooked perfectly at medium rare.

For presents Linda and Jonathan got me  a new iPad and a political gag gift that I can not show here for fear of having to play monopoly.

All in all a great day thanks to all of you who took the time to wish me a happy birthday. I am extremely blessed and grateful for all of you. 

Cheers!

the older dog.

A perfect day for you my friend!!🎂

• Like 3

@Sea Dog Wishing you a happy birthday ! Looks like you had a great day celebrating !  Nice gifts and your celebratory meals look delicious. 

Last week , I had to renew my DMV license and I think they had it in for me . I passed, thankfully.  You’re such a youngster compared to me . 

• Like 2

For those that watch Below Deck do you remember Camille the stew that dated Ben?   Surfing TV and I just saw she is now on a realty show called Lovers and Liars. 

Seems perfect for her😆

Also, she was a contestant on American Idol in 2021.   

• Like 6

Happy Birthday Greg! It sounds like an excellent day. 

We don't usually do much for holidays. Bill usually gets me a B&N gift card in June for my birthday and I get him an Amazon gift card for his in August. 

I told him not to bother this year. He has been selling things on eBay like mad and just transferred over $600 into my account. My dad's WWII flight jacket just sold for $275. I really loved that jacket when I was a teenager. I probably shouldn't have worn it out so much. Amazing. ☺️

We have a lot of photos from the 1906 earthquake from the Oakland side of the Bay, that my grandfather took. The newspaper used to borrow and publish them every year. I think we will see about donating them to the Oakland Museum. I already gave them an intact California mole to freeze dry. (And then took it off my taxes. 😛

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For those that watch Below Deck do you remember Camille the stew that dated Ben?   Surfing TV and I just saw she is now on a realty show called Lovers and Liars. 

Seems perfect for her😆

Also, she was a contestant on American Idol in 2021.   

Yes!  Interesting.  I was just watching BD last night.  The one where Ben is now “seeing” Sunny on that ship/season.  I’m not sure if this is the current season or not TBH.  I thought it was funny when he FaceTimed Camille trying to see her again and she wasn’t into it.  😂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jmh2006 said:

OMG this is too funny!!!🤣

A perfect day for you my friend!!🎂

Only thing more perfect would be a Perfect Day at Coco Cay! Thanks Jennifer.

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

@Sea Dog Wishing you a happy birthday ! Looks like you had a great day celebrating !  Nice gifts and your celebratory meals look delicious. 

Last week , I had to renew my DMV license and I think they had it in for me . I passed, thankfully.  You’re such a youngster compared to me . 

Thank you Judy! I always dread going to DMV.

56 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Sea Dog. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREG

Cheers🍹🧉🥂

Looks like you are having a perfect day.   Enjoy😊

Thank you Debbie!

30 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Happy Birthday Greg! It sounds like an excellent day. 

We don't usually do much for holidays. Bill usually gets me a B&N gift card in June for my birthday and I get him an Amazon gift card for his in August. 

I told him not to bother this year. He has been selling things on eBay like mad and just transferred over $600 into my account. My dad's WWII flight jacket just sold for $275. I really loved that jacket when I was a teenager. I probably shouldn't have worn it out so much. Amazing. ☺️

We have a lot of photos from the 1906 earthquake from the Oakland side of the Bay, that my grandfather took. The newspaper used to borrow and publish them every year. I think we will see about donating them to the Oakland Museum. I already gave them an intact California mole to freeze dry. (And then took it off my taxes. 😛

I told Linda not to get me anything as I considered my trip to Hilton Head my birthday present but she and Jonathan wanted to give me an iPad as she says I spend too much time looking at the small screen of my oPhone squinting when I looking at this thread.

• Like 8

@Sea Dog

Happy Birthday Greg!  Looks like you enjoyed your time. 

I also turned 68 in March.  We saw some grads riding around today.  When we graduated in the 70s 2024 seemed sooo far away.  Boy, time flies.

• Like 8

@SteelCityCruiser10 I was so sorry to read about your sweet Oliver's passing. So regal and loved.

@dani negreanu Dani what an emotional trip you took fulfilling your mother's wishes.  To be there with your son must have made it very special to delve into your roots.

@Sea Dog Greg, a very happy birthday.  You celebrated perfectly.  May all your birthday wishes come true.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.

I have been awake since daybreak at 5am when it was foggy outside.

It is partly sunny and 52°F now at 09.53am.

I finally accepted my arthritis would prevent me ever playing golf again and sold my Callaway irons and Taylor Made putter last week and I have someone coming today to buy my King Cobra Driver.

I hope everyone is safe and in good health and y'all have a wonderful day.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Yes!  Interesting.  I was just watching BD last night.  The one where Ben is now “seeing” Sunny on that ship/season.  I’m not sure if this is the current season or not TBH.  I thought it was funny when he FaceTimed Camille trying to see her again and she wasn’t into it.  😂

Yes, at least she is smart enough to not play his game.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Yes, I watched that too.  Yes, that is current season.   Maybe she couldn't say she had a new boyfriend or talk about her being on dating show.   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog

Happy Birthday Greg!  Looks like you enjoyed your time. 

I also turned 68 in March.  We saw some grads riding around today.  When we graduated in the 70s 2024 seemed sooo far away.  Boy, time flies.

Yes time does fly. Hard to believe next year we will have our high school 50 year reunion.

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@SteelCityCruiser10 I was so sorry to read about your sweet Oliver's passing. So regal and loved.

@dani negreanu Dani what an emotional trip you took fulfilling your mother's wishes.  To be there with your son must have made it very special to delve into your roots.

@Sea Dog Greg, a very happy birthday.  You celebrated perfectly.  May all your birthday wishes come true.

Thank you Bonnie! I hope you and Jack are doing well.

• Like 2