Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That’s right, I thought of you when I saw this sign today. 

IMG_1153.thumb.jpeg.5b3ec0cfd3cbf8dd922d59a4d47a2fb6.jpeg

I read one today that I thought was funny. We have a lot of crows and one that is very persistent for peanuts. She lost her fledgling a few weeks ago, I think he might have hit the fence and the stairs. We found him on the stairs) she has been hanging around a lot. And she purrs at me. 

"Before crowbars were invented, most crows tended to drink at home." ☺️

Edited by Coralc
  • Haha 16

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

My Grandson Jack has been at it again!  Last week, we attended a Congressional Art Contest for High School Students, where the winner's picture would be hanging in Congress for an entire year.  The whole affair was lovely...it was catered prior to the Awards.  There were 100 entries that were judged, and Jack's picture called "A Cup of Sea".  Jack came in 7th Place and several people came up to him saying that his picture was their favorite.

Today, at the New Jersey State High School Film Challenge 2024,  Jack was awarded "Best Film Director" for the film that he and his group had entered into the Contest.

His group consists of 6 students.  They spent many days filming this film that could only be 3 minutes long.  Jack would spend endless hours editing, etc.  Jack's group also won "Best Overall Film" for their film titled "Fire".  The group also won "Best Production Design" for their film.

Last year, Jack won "Best Documentary" for his film. 

This kid, though...❤️

Kudos to your grandson Maryann, for his awards and his dedication!  Is film production, editing, etc. something he’s interested in pursuing as a career eventually?  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We have had almost all of your suggestions. 

Wow, you were watching a perfect game for 7 and 1/3 innings. So cool!

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'm going to have to bounce around the stadium for this one. Which is a good thing, burns calories and helps digestion.

The fries look really tasty so maybe the chicken sandwich from Flashpoint Grill (sec 105/123)

Then, grab some Funnel Fries from Sweets in Sec 112 on the way to Steakadelphia (sec 117) for Philly Cheese steak.

That's pre-game.  Once the game starts, take a break, have a few beers to cleanse the palate and then nibble on a pizza from Hungry Howies. Probably personal size so it shouldn't be filling.

Around the 4th inning, walk past Frankx - they look too messy to be ball park food - and grab a Pulled Pork sandwich with Mac-n-Cheese (back to sec 112).  Cause, you know, that's not going to be messy😉

Finally, just before closing time - is it sill 7th inning?? - grab some Street Taco's from Sala's (sec 116). That's good for mopping up any residue alcohol in the stomach.

Make sure you take an antacid before & after the game.

Yes , they do make you work for it to find the food you want to eat, may have to take a cheat sheet so I don't miss anything. 🙂

Our seats are in section 108, have to devise a game plan for the attack! Hopefully in the shade from the research I did for day games in this park. I'm sure it will be steamy North Carolina weather, even for early June.

May have to hit this pub before going home after the game too for some of those  Bang Bang Shrimp !!

https://grahamstnc.com/#section-2077

There is also a George Strait/ Chris Stapleton Concert the same day at Bank America Park where the Carolina Panthers play football at, so I'm sure the area will be loaded with a lot of people.

https://www.panthers.com/news/george-strait-chris-stapleton-set-to-take-over-bank-of-america-stadium

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

The project to bring a new kitten into my daughter's house is going well. They are enjoying playing together, chasing each other around the house.  They no longer need to be kept separated.

IMG_7725.thumb.JPEG.86875cf6692926ae4ebd75be44a277f4.JPEG

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

19 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

The project to bring a new kitten into my daughter's house is going well. They are enjoying playing together, chasing each other around the house.  They no longer need to be kept separated.

That's a great picture!

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love this picture! Glad they are getting along.

• Like 3

@bobmacliberty

Since we're on the "subject" of adding new "dwellers" to the household....

In the end, it was decided to call my newest [step]kitty - NEKO (should mean "cat" in Japanese).

She's "dealing" quite well with the aggressiveness of Lychee, the veteran 😉

Apparently, my friend didn't take any "adaptation" lessons, though.

image.thumb.jpeg.dd26afbfbf37df55df6dd5528bfedf56.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Kudos to your grandson Maryann, for his awards and his dedication!  Is film production, editing, etc. something he’s interested in pursuing as a career eventually?  

Thank you, Deb.  That is exactly what Jack is planning on pursuing.  He amazes me with the knowledge in his head.  He is our "go to" guy.  He actually built his own computer years ago as a young boy.  He requested and got all of the parts for Christmas.  This was way before he started high school.  Jack is now a Junior.  He spends so much time producing and editing.  He always has a camera in hand also.  The school trusts him and his small group with any equipment that he needs.  He went to a College upstate last year and saw that the equipment he uses in his school is much more updated than what this particular College offered.  The kid knows his stuff!😉

Deb, how is your daughter doing?

• Like 12

51 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

What a great picture!!!  Also, they are beautiful, Bob!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@bobmacliberty

In the end, it was decided to call my newest [step]kitty - NEKO (should mean "cat" in Japanese).

Poor Neko!!  (who is adorable, btw)  I hope Lychee warms up to Neko soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Any more exotic meals while you’re alone?!

Not yet.  I'm working up the enthusiasm to take the whole chicken out of the freezer and try the rotisserie tomorrow.  As you know, there are a lot of good restaurants nearby that are competing for my attention (and winning).  I had a couple of Ahi tuna tacos and a couple of local IPAs at Slider's Tiki Bar last night while watching golf on TV, looking at the ocean, and listening to live music.  It's hard to compete with that.  

• Like 12

30 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@bobmacliberty

What a cutie!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@bobmacliberty

Such pretty cats.  Before long they will be friends or at least tolerate each other.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

As you know, there are a lot of good restaurants nearby that are competing for my attention (and winning). 

Yes, I do know!!  George is an excellent cook…but with all he has to do solo now that I’m in a wheelchair I hate to have him cook and clean up as well.  So we’ve been getting lots of takeout!!  Willie Jewel’s BBQ last night…Ahan Thai tonight…

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@bobmacliberty

Neko is definitely a cutie.  I'm sure that they will get used to each other.  Neko just needs to get a little bigger. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, helen haywood said:

Willie Jewel’s BBQ last night…Ahan Thai tonight…

We love Ahan Thai.  We just found out about it a couple of months ago.  We've been known to coordinate trips to Lowe's around dinner time just so we eat there. 😁

The thing that we're missing around here is good Indian food.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

I read one today that I thought was funny. We have a lot of crows and one that is very persistent for peanuts. She lost her fledgling a few weeks ago, I think he might have hit the fence and the stairs. We found him on the stairs) she has been hanging around a lot. And she purrs at me. 

"Before crowbars were invented, most crows tended to drink at home." ☺️

Usually when you see a lot of crows sticking together they are Vel-crows.

• Haha 22

28 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Yes, I do know!!  George is an excellent cook…but with all he has to do solo now that I’m in a wheelchair I hate to have him cook and clean up as well.  So we’ve been getting lots of takeout!!  Willie Jewel’s BBQ last night…Ahan Thai tonight…

How are you doing with your leg, Marian?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is sunny and 74°F here.

17160458127947018910198319685772.jpg

I've forgotten what the sun looks like.  We had our sprinkler fixed last week, and haven't used it, since Mother Nature insists on daily rain, as well as cool (some days cold) weather.  Today it is mild out, but cloudy, with rain (would you believe!!) expected this evening,

Enough complaining from me.  Enjoy the rest of your day, Graham, please say hi to Pauline for me!

Wishing everyone on here a wonderful, and hopefully for you all...a sunny, lovely day!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5