Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

It's going to take a long time to clean up our city. There is tree and/or fence damage at nearly every house in our neighborhood, as well as in the medians on the main streets. We only saw a couple of homes with roof damage, which is surprising considering how many large mature trees were destroyed. We lost one of ours.

Wow Texas is really getting the storms this year.  Sorry about your tree but glad you are safe.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Good for you. I am still a lowly Diamond/Elite. Trying hard to get to D+ but it’s going to take a while unless they offer another double points promotion which I doubt we will ever see again.

We should be Diamond Plus by next march which I am excited about as we have a transatlantic in October.

t will be nice to match to elite plus even though it seems that the Royal benefits are better for the way we cruise I do like the 4 soon to be 5 drinks anywhere at anytime.  

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

It's going to take a long time to clean up our city. There is tree and/or fence damage at nearly every house in our neighborhood, as well as in the medians on the main streets. We only saw a couple of homes with roof damage, which is surprising considering how many large mature trees were destroyed. We lost one of ours.

Texas has been taking a beating it seems. I hope you all remain safe.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, clochette said:

We should be Diamond Plus by next march which I am excited about as we have a transatlantic in October.

t will be nice to match to elite plus even though it seems that the Royal benefits are better for the way we cruise I do like the 4 soon to be 5 drinks anywhere at anytime.  

I think RCI has better benefits for me also. Celebrity's Zenith level looks good but I don't see where Elite Plus gets me much that I would value. Diamond Plus is a better fit for me.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Amazing how mother nature works, glad to hear you are all safe.

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

I am mostly knitting tops this year but I did manage to finish this shawl.

20240531_093400.thumb.jpg.7262b469cb2ccdfd65ed4accfd35b965.jpg

Beautiful 😍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Texas has been taking a beating it seems. I hope you all remain safe.

Corrected for you:

Texas is being whopped like a rented mule. Y'all stay safe, ya hear! 🤠

Apologies to rented mules, no offense intended. 😉😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 5/29/2024 at 7:29 AM, h20skibum said:

@Sea Dog Greg, @grapau27 Graham, thank you for the birthday wishes for my daughter.   

Is it just me, or does having your youngest turn 40 make you feel old?  I know these last couple years have aged us.

Not sure if I wished your daughter a happy birthday.If not wises for a very happy belated birthday.I have a daughter who is 50 and I feel old.

• Like 3

On 5/29/2024 at 10:17 AM, DaniDanielle said:

Our oldest grandson is graduating high school on Saturday, cannot believe how the years have flown by.  He is our first grandchild so I call him Number one! The other five get annoyed🤪His sister graduates grammar school at the end of June and my daughter’s son graduates next Friday.  They could have spaced these kids out better!!!!

Congratulations on all the upcoming graduations ,Marietta and Charlie.

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2024 at 7:37 PM, Luckynana said:

We've had two birthdays in our house, but haven't had birthday cake yet!  These boys are so busy, they haven't been around for us to really celebrate!  Jack turned 17 on Sunday, and was at a friend's barbeque, and today Ryan turned 15.  He came home from school, went back for Band practice, came home again, and left for Wrestling.

Jack went for his road test on Tuesday, and passed!  That makes 5 of my 7 grandchildren who now drive.

I went to the eye surgeon on Tuesday for the Laser treatment on my left eye.  I was concerned that the huge stye on my eye might be a problem, but luckily, it was not.  I was amazed that the Laser lasted perhaps a minute at best, and I didn't feel a thing.  Amazing!

Congratulations on your grandsons birthdays and your eye treatment ,Maryanne.

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2024 at 2:27 PM, HBE4 said:

I watched "Baby Reindeer" on Netflix the other night. Only 7 episodes, most of them around 30-35 minutes each. How can a show be riveting and hard to watch at the same time?  As uncomfortable as it is, I found myself having the watch the next episode immediately.

Very dark & disturbing show that is a must watch. As is Jerry Seinfeld "Unfrosted", a light hearted, totally fictional comedy about 2 rival cereal companies race to invent the pop-tart. I needed to watch it after "Baby Reindeer" to clear the mind so I wouldn't have nightmares. A lot of cameo appearances from other stand-up comics. Very enjoyable, simple comedy.

The lead actress in Baby Reindeer shoiuld receive many awards for her performance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

So delicate, intricate and beautiful!  I can't begin to imagine what the instructions look like in order for you to know how to do that.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

Great work that is very beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just drove Shelagh to hand doctor and she now needs surgery which will be Monday. Amazing how much damage that storm did even out stop sign was blown down , taxi driver had a chip in his windshield from hail .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, George C said:

Just drove Shelagh to hand doctor and she now needs surgery which will be Monday. Amazing how much damage that storm did even out stop sign was blown down , taxi driver had a chip in his windshield from hail .

What did they say got injured that needs repairing?

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wasn’t in the office with her , I was definitely surprised surgery was needed .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Hopefully she won't have much downtime and heals quickly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George C said:

So sorry to hear she needs surgery. Hope she will heal up quickly afterward.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

They told her because of the exposed bone surgery was needed not sure if they can save fingernail. 

• Like 5