Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

27 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Yesterday we had the funeral service for Maureen.  It was very nice. It  was arranged by her children, Any and Curt at the funeral home, All 4 of Maureen's siblings were able to attend, all from New England.

Maureen will be buried at sea.  We had Adventure of the seas booked for the middle on Feb, I figured that would give them time to make arrangements.

I will be on freedom starting the end of Sept, and final payments start soon.

I am thinking of you. I am happy that is was a nice service. I think viral at sea is a wonderful thing and will be the way that I want to go too.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I am thinking of you. I am happy that is was a nice service. I think viral at sea is a wonderful thing and will be the way that I want to go too.

WE had discussed that a while ago and decided on cremation and burial at sea for both of us.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We got home a short time ago from our fantastic cruise on P&O Arvia June 9th- June 23rd.

We had an amazing time and I have started a thread on the P&O forums giving a detailed review and pictures.

I would love it if any of you went on the P&O forum to read it.

IMG_20240622_100231.jpg

IMG_20240616_123320.jpg

IMG_20240616_124615.jpg

Love having a true aft view , great review on P&O board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2024 at 5:22 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

Interesting about your koi.  I never knew heat impacted outdoor fish behaviour this way.

They were ravenously hungry..so much so that they were practically climbing on each other to get to the food!  I looked it up (thank you, google) and it said that when it gets hot out, the Koi get more active and need more food.   As the weather gets cooler (in the Fall here) they are fed less and less, preparing them for Winter when they hibernate.  We close down the waterfall and filter once they've stopped eating in the Fall, and have  what we call a "bubbler"" that keeps oxygen in the water and a small ring that produces just enough heat that keeps a small opening in the iced pond.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Yesterday we had the funeral service for Maureen.  It was very nice. It  was arranged by her children, Any and Curt at the funeral home, All 4 of Maureen's siblings were able to attend, all from New England.

Maureen will be buried at sea.  We had Adventure of the seas booked for the middle on Feb, I figured that would give them time to make arrangements.

It’s nice to read that Maureen’s service went well.  I think that I would like to have some of me buried at sea as well. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

You are in my thoughts, Francis.  I am glad to hear that Maureen's service was nice and that all of her siblings were able to attend.    (((Hugs)))❤️

How are you doing?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

WE had discussed that a while ago and decided on cremation and burial at sea for both of us.

That is exactly what Susan and I plan.  

I am glad to hear that Maureen’s family could be there for her service, and that it went well.  Please know that you are in our thoughts. 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

That is exactly what Susan and I plan.  

I am glad to hear that Maureen’s family could be there for her service, and that it went well.  Please know that you are in our thoughts. 

Thanks,  I was glad the all could come. Too bad it only happens when someone dies. Last time it was their dad. Now, it is one of their generation.

She would have turned 70 next month. Way too young, And nobody knows why.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Please accept my deepest condolences.  I’m glad you felt her service went well.  Often nobody ever knows why…except God.  It reminds me of the graves of unknown soldiers that are marked “Known Unto God.”

• Like 8

We just finished watching a really good series on Apple TV+. I don't know if many of you have it but the series, "Defending Jacob." I don't want to give too much of the story away but the basic premise is "after a shocking crime rocks a small town, an assistant district attorney finds himself torn between his sworn duty to uphold the law and his unconditional love for his son".

It is a great who done it that will leave you with questions to the very end. Very well done and acted. I highly recommend this one if you have it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We just finished watching a really good series on Apple TV+. I don't know if many of you have it but the series, "Defending Jacob." I don't want to give too much of the story away but the basic premise is "after a shocking crime rocks a small town, an assistant district attorney finds himself torn between his sworn duty to uphold the law and his unconditional love for his son".

It is a great who done it that will leave you with questions to the very end. Very well done and acted. I highly recommend this one if you have it.

I definitely need to buy Apple it’s the only major streaming service I am missing. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I read the book.  Amazing and highly recommended.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I think viral at sea is a wonderful thing and will be the way that I want to go too.

13 hours ago, mo&fran said:

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I think that I would like to have some of me buried at sea as well. 

We did that with some of my Dad's ashes on an Alaskan cruise a few years back.  Royal was wonderfully caring and kind throughout the whole process.  

• Like 9

7 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Thanks,  I was glad the all could come. Too bad it only happens when someone dies. Last time it was their dad. Now, it is one of their generation.

Sorry that they don't know why and 70 is definitely way to young. Mike and I also want to be scattered at sea. You are in our thoughts. Please take care.

• Like 8