Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Growing up in lower Manhattan, I was privileged to visit most NYC attractions.  I've visited most museums, top of the Empire State bldg., old Yankee Stadium, Statue of Liberty, South St. Seaport, Staten Island Ferry, Central Park, the Bronx Zoo and so many others. When I met Jack, who was visiting from Israel I became his tour guide.  

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My father took us to all the touristy spots.  He made sure, we as New Yorkers, didn’t miss any.  Loved the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty.  I remember being amazed at 42st.!  I was a child!! 

Now that I'm thinking about it, my dad took me on the Staten Island ferry & to the Bronx Zoo. Also, the 1964-65 Worlds Fair but I was *ahem* less than one year old at the time so no memories. 🙂

One fond memory as a child is he took me on the subways & would give me his wallet to hold. Because who would think to pick-pocket a 5 year old?  I felt so important and gown-up!

• Like 10

47 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@BonTexasNY

Thank you so much, Bonnie, for the EXACT words and feelings I have. Very well said.

Speaking of happy moments.... I'm so looking forward to Bella 2 cruise. Hope to make it.

Struggling with the complicated strategy of flights... Only direct flights right now are to Miami. And the less expensive. Through NY or Atlanta the rates are plain outrageous.

Also, no flights to Miami every day. The latest I can get to Miami is 3 days before the cruise, which is OK (more than 900$ for 3 hotel nights is another story...).

Was thinking at least to leave the day the cruise ends, but the flight to Israel from Miami leaves at 1PM. Don't think I can make it...

Which means another night in a hotel -- Port Canaveral or Miami. Any thoughts how much time to allow from PC to Miami?

I'm posting here instead of the roll call, since the majority of cruisers are from "here", with the additional bonus of other experienced cruisers 😎

Looking forward to seeing you Dani.

It can take anything from 3 hrs 45 mts to 4 hrs 30 mts from PC to Miami.
There is the train (Bright Line) from MCO to Miami. If one is up to it.
I think going to Miami (to catch the 1 pm flight, consider checking in for international flight 3 hrs ahead?) from PC on the day that the cruise ends may be a rush in this case.
If you are flying back from Miami and looking at hotels for the night, it makes sense to look for one in Miami or closer and not in PC.

Just some thoughts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

If you are flying back from Miami and looking at hotels for the night, it makes sense to look for one in Miami or closer and not in PC.

Thanks, A.

It seems that I'll have to look for a one night hotel in a nice area (shops, restaurants) to spend the afternoon and evening there. And quite close to the airport to be there at 10am...

Back to the drawing board 😎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks,  I have never noticed this.  I just tried it.  It says it is new. I have used "the eye" above pics in the photo gallery.  I will be using this more now!

It is new with One UI 6.1. I'm glad I could finally teach you something considering all the help you have given me with things in the past!

It works well for identifying plants. I take a picture then use the technique to get the name.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Now that I'm thinking about it, my dad took me on the Staten Island ferry & to the Bronx Zoo. Also, the 1964-65 Worlds Fair but I was *ahem* less than one year old at the time so no memories. 🙂

One fond memory as a child is he took me on the subways & would give me his wallet to hold. Because who would think to pick-pocket a 5 year old?  I felt so important and gown-up!

Definitely did 1964-1965 worlds fair a lot , went with family and sometimes by bus with friends, loved Bronx zoo , how about Radio City Christmas shows ? Also thanksgiving parade . My father loved to leave early going on vacation . So early you could see Statue of Liberty and it was lit up. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

My father took us to all the touristy spots.  He made sure, we as New Yorkers, didn’t miss any.  Loved the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty.  I remember being amazed at 42st.!  I was a child!! 

Marietta, it was also my father, who took us to all the touristy/cultural spots. The U.N. was a favorite of ours.  Such sweet memories.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Hmmmm. A Bella group summer gathering in RI??? Drivable for many here. Those that are wanting to visit NYC, it’s only a 2 hour train ride from here.  Boston only an hour away.  

What a great idea!  I was going to post on OB's post that it looks like Paradise!🥰

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George C said:

Definitely did 1964-1965 worlds fair a lot , went with family and sometimes by bus with friends, loved Bronx zoo , how about Radio City Christmas shows ? Also thanksgiving parade . My father loved to leave early going on vacation . So early you could see Statue of Liberty and it was lit up. 

Never did any of the parades but did see the Radio City Christmas show several times.   Our family vacations were leisurely road trips up and down the east coast. Dad was a road warrior and had no problem driving all night to come back home while we all slept in the car.  Pretty good chance we were arriving home about the time you & your dad were leaving for vacation.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, A.

It seems that I'll have to look for a one night hotel in a nice area (shops, restaurants) to spend the afternoon and evening there. And quite close to the airport to be there at 10am...

Back to the drawing board 😎

We are all so looking forward to greeting you and meeting you and Aaron in person, Dani!!!  ❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

20240628_154256.thumb.jpg.96da48a8043b5db6ce5e7061e913b899.jpg

20240628_154927.thumb.jpg.290e806ebdcece5c6e5f83e52e8fc378.jpg

20240628_160038.thumb.jpg.3458b0f61341f4ca9e0ed68cc17a40ec.jpg

20240628_160312.thumb.jpg.64e438fd435f1553ec503ff32bafab04.jpg

20240628_160144.thumb.jpg.6af053532df6db21f256cc3481e31f12.jpg

20240628_131618.thumb.jpg.f8a22fc1aa00870987b467b59497e605.jpg

20240628_151338.jpg

Pre cruise on Liberty of the Seas out of NJ we took a 6 -7 hour bus tour of NYC. Best tour ever even though we had to hire a pricy car service to get us from our hotel in NJ to NYC to meet the tour & then come back to get & take us back.  It  was well worth the money. We got to see all the free stuff and take the ferry, at our age that was the only way we could do it. I'm sorry we did not get to see the underground museum seeing the outdoor memorial was so touching and peaceful. 

Thanks so much for your pictures.  

Edited by Lorey2007
  • Like 3

🧨Our Township Fireworks will be starting within the hour here.  Our street is filling up with over-flow cars from the High School parking lot, where the fireworks will be set off.  Bands already started over there.  We are so fortunate to watch from our front yard.

Our grandson Jack has his high school friends over for a barbeque since this afternoon, then they'll all head out front for the show.  The only one not looking forward to this is poor Lola.  Luckily, the Vet prescribed new meds.

Happy 4th of July tomorrow!!!🧨💥🧨💥

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

🧨Our Township Fireworks will be starting within the hour here.  Our street is filling up with over-flow cars from the High School parking lot, where the fireworks will be set off.  Bands already started over there.  We are so fortunate to watch from our front yard.

Our grandson Jack has his high school friends over for a barbeque since this afternoon, then they'll all head out front for the show.  The only one not looking forward to this is poor Lola.  Luckily, the Vet prescribed new meds.

Happy 4th of July tomorrow!!!🧨💥🧨💥

Enjoy the festivities!  and Happy 4th of July for tomorrow!

• Thanks 1

A lot of the 4th of July things here are cancelled or postponed because of the heat and (fire risk). We are on day 2 of 100+ degree weather. We did the grocery shopping today. It is one of those rare heat spells that have most of us in the Bay Area wishing we had air conditioning. 😛

• Like 6

Happy 4th everyone from Michigan.  We went to our friend's lake last Saturday for their annual fireworks display.  Since they legalized buying and shooting fireworks in MI several years ago it has become crazy in our neighborhoods.  Makes me so nervous that a house will go up in flames.  I actually am not looking forward to tomorrow night.  

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Happy 4th everyone from Michigan.  We went to our friend's lake last Saturday for their annual fireworks display.  Since they legalized buying and shooting fireworks in MI several years ago it has become crazy in our neighborhoods.  Makes me so nervous that a house will go up in flames.  I actually am not looking forward to tomorrow night.  

Firework sale & use are banned here for personal use.  Thankful for that.  I recall the eye & hand injuries that occurred during my childhood before the bans came into place.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Coralc said:

A lot of the 4th of July things here are cancelled or postponed because of the heat and (fire risk). We are on day 2 of 100+ degree weather. We did the grocery shopping today. It is one of those rare heat spells that have most of us in the Bay Area wishing we had air conditioning. 😛

Hope the temps cool for you soon.  It’s been cold & wet here all week.  We rush to put the heat cycle on our air conditioning on as soon as we walk in the door at home  & we have our individual heaters going at work (in addition to the aircon).

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

I actually am not looking forward to tomorrow night.  

I actually hate 4th of July for many reasons but mainly as I  had to work covering the news that night for many years. I can’t tell you how many stories I did about people blowing their hands off with fireworks. I love a good display but leave fireworks to the professionals. 

• Like 14