Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, Arzeena said:

@Sea Dog
Greg,
Was thinking about you and Linda. Hope you are both fine now.
A very nice Christmas movie I saw last night triggered it and RJ asked!😁

We are both still not feeling great. This virus has been very stubborn but we are slowly improving. I have had it for over a week now. I read where it can last 7-10 days.

Which Christmas movie did you watch? Was it a Hallmark movie I assume?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We are both still not feeling great. This virus has been very stubborn but we are slowly improving. I have had it for over a week now. I read where it can last 7-10 days.

It was The Christmas Prince. I don't think it was Hallmark. But nice movie.

Feel better soon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, derorim said:

Bonnie, thanks for sharing the "things I learned in kindergarten."  The last line, "hold hands and stick together" reminds me of the people that on this thread that reach out to and support one another.  

Jane, you haven't held back in sharing the challenges you have been facing over the past years.  You have had to deal with so many difficult issues.  I am glad that you have found happiness in your new beautiful home with friendly people around you.  It wasn't easy, but you made it.  I'm happy for you.

I do think there is a mental health crisis in america. Being sick people can grasp but having issues with anger and all are harder to deal with. I'm glad I got thru this too. I left these boards and John's and came back after probably close to a year where i stepped out. More ready to be sociable but not all the way there. I still tend toward solitary behavior. It's me not you. Now I'm more ready to meet everyone at the schooner bar than i was bella1. I am a different person than that cruise. But I feel for people with mental issues. I can emphasize why they feel alone. 

Well i see a dentist finally today. Long wait and they cant schedule a cleaning until xrays. Hopefully I can get my teeth cleaned before oct. When i leave for a month on harmony.

• Like 11

43 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

It was The Christmas Prince. I don't think it was Hallmark. But nice movie.

Feel better soon!

The Christmas Prince is a trilogy of movies from Netflix staring Rose McIver. In 2023, we did the Brasov Romania post-cruise extension on a Danube River cruise and stopped at Peles Castle on the way. I realized that it looked familiar and looked it up, and sure enough, it was used for the exterior (establishment?) shots in that movie (movies?). Not sure if the actors were ever actually there.

image.thumb.jpeg.f803f17bb77b9fbdc3579e09dd6a40f3.jpeg

Then, shortly after leaving there, passed this billboard 😄:

image.thumb.jpeg.26f41fa87d74d40de7f51c1bc536ab56.jpeg

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

The Christmas Prince is a trilogy of movies from Netflix staring Rose McIver. In 2023, we did the Brasov Romania post-cruise extension on a Danube River cruise and stopped at Peles Castle on the way. I realized that it looked familiar and looked it up, and sure enough, it was used for the exterior (establishment?) shots in that movie (movies?). Not sure if the actors were ever actually there.

image.thumb.jpeg.f803f17bb77b9fbdc3579e09dd6a40f3.jpeg

Then, shortly after leaving there, passed this billboard 😄:

image.thumb.jpeg.26f41fa87d74d40de7f51c1bc536ab56.jpeg

Sounds very interesting.
I am not usually a holiday movie fan, but I will watch sometimes and this one I seemed to quite like actually! 😁So I will also look up the other two movies (you mentioned a trilogy). Thanks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Sounds very interesting.
I am not usually a holiday movie fan, but I will watch sometimes and this one I seemed to quite like actually! 😁So I will also look up the other two movies (you mentioned a trilogy). Thanks.

A Christmas Prince (2017)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7608418/?ref_=nm_flmg_t_15_act

A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding (2018)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8709036/?ref_=nm_flmg_t_12_act

A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby (2019)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10006006/?ref_=nm_flmg_t_8_act

And then there's The Princess Switch trilogy (2018-2021) starring Vanessa Hudgens. Which seems to take place in the same universe. But what's really strange, is that in the first movie, the characters are watching A Christmas Prince. But then in the second movie, Amber (Rose McIver) and Prince Richard from the Christmas Prince trilogy make a cameo at the coronation. So, would that make A Christmas Prince a documentary in that universe?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I had a cat named Tenzing as well!  Due to her climbing prowess.

IMG_1364.jpeg

Looks like you chose that cat to blend with the gorgeous couch, or chose the couch to blend with her.💖

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

Looks like you chose that cat to blend with the gorgeous couch, or chose the couch to blend with her.💖

When lockdown finally drove me insane with boredom on May 1, 2020 and I went to the shelter to get a cat…they only had two.  Diana, my gray and white cat, and Tenzing who was a scrawny waif curled up in a basket.  The shelter attendant said the waif got along with other cats but didn’t socialize with humans.  

Not only could I not leave the little thing all alone in the shelter…but it seemed her chances of getting adopted wouldn’t be great it they told everyone she didn’t socialize with people!!  So we took both cats.  

Tenzing was shyer than Diana but gradually came out of her shell.  Diana was an absolute love looking after Tenzing who wanted nothing more than to be with her at all times.  We were all very happy for three months…when one day Tenzing ran unconcernedly past me…and I found her dead five minutes later.  I have no idea why.  Congenital heart failure?

I went back to the shelter and got Minnie the next day…not so much to “replace” Tenzing but I’d so enjoyed watching the two cats interact.  Here are some pictures of Diana and Tenzing.

IMG_1441.jpeg

IMG_1440.jpeg

IMG_1427.jpeg

Edited by helen haywood
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Greg,Praying for you and Linda 🤞🙏

Thanks we will be fine. Just frustrating not feeling 100%. I have too many things I need to get done. I did work out today and was surprised that it did not zap my energy as much as I thought it would after not working out all week. Thank you for your thoughts.

• Like 7

Good evening.

We have been watching a new.

Below Deck Adventure on the yacht Mercury in the Norwegian Fjords with Captain Kelly.

I hope everyone is safe and in good health and y'all have a great day.

• Like 6

Thursday check  in starts for the first of 5 cruises on Freedom. Glad to see her back as a cruise ship, instead of a ferry boat to the beach. 

Anxious to see what it will be like without my lovely wife by my side. It has always been the 2 of us up till now.  There will be friends cruising there with me, so there is that.  I imagine I will frequent the lounges more than in the past, she didn't particularly care for them, while I didn't mind them. WE always had our happy hour sitting outside the pub. I might see if I can enjoy a little wine, heaven knows we get enough free wine as it is. I think my step daughter hauled away about 5 cases of the free wine that we had brought home. Get to visit the LA  and try to change or stop the freebees.

Ken is rebooking the future cruises as singles.. Says They should be about 25% less than for the two of us.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry to hear you are both not well Greg.

Take care of yourselves and drink plenty of water.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Thursday check  in starts for the first of 5 cruises on Freedom. Glad to see her back as a cruise ship, instead of a ferry boat to the beach. 

Anxious to see what it will be like without my lovely wife by my side. It has always been the 2 of us up till now.  There will be friends cruising there with me, so there is that.  I imagine I will frequent the lounges more than in the past, she didn't particularly care for them, while I didn't mind them. WE always had our happy hour sitting outside the pub. I might see if I can enjoy a little wine, heaven knows we get enough free wine as it is. I think my step daughter hauled away about 5 cases of the free wine that we had brought home. Get to visit the LA  and try to change or stop the freebees.

Ken is rebooking the future cruises as singles.. Says They should be about 25% less than for the two of us.

Bon Voyage!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Have a great time Fran!  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StanleyandGus said:

@helen haywood it’s nice you have those pictures of Tenzing! 

But how did you keep fabric upholstery from getting shredded by cat claws? We have scratching posts, but Gus can’t resist fabric between his claws.

Well, I was lucky with Diana and Tenzing.  Neither were interested in clawing the furniture.  The arrival of Minnie, however…. I put towels on chairs to protect them…. I had to put clear tape over sofa corners and other tempting spots…. They do outgrow the instinct.  At least in my experience.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don’t post photos of food ordinarily but to me my daughter’s ratatouille looks like art. She also cooked for her dad a MN hotdish because he is from the twin cities. 

IMG_0951.jpeg

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

I am happy you are getting out to sea. Have a great time and enjoy time with your good friends.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear you are both not well Greg.

Take care of yourselves and drink plenty of water.

Thanks Graham will do.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Well, I was lucky with Diana and Tenzing.  Neither were interested in clawing the furniture.  The arrival of Minnie, however…. I put towels on chairs to protect them…. I had to put clear tape over sofa corners and other tempting spots…. They do outgrow the instinct.  At least in my experience.

Oh well. Gus is seven, so I guess he’s set in his ways! Luckily, most of our furniture is leather. The dining room chairs, on the other hand, are finely shredded.

I took a photo today of them cuddled up together.

IMG_0132.jpeg

• Like 22

34 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I don’t post photos of food ordinarily but to me my daughter’s ratatouille looks like art. She also cooked for her dad a MN hotdish because he is from the twin cities. 

IMG_0951.jpeg

Wow, that is beautiful!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, NHProud said:

IMG_0951.jpeg

Ratatouille would have been my favorite dish if I’d ever seen it prepared like this!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm loving the cuddly kitty pictures.  @helen haywood @StanleyandGus.  I had to dig up one of Miss Priss and Marcel.  Our house is so different now without them.  

As far as furniture clawing goes, I invested in double-sided tape and put it where they liked to scratch.  Once they learned not to claw, I took it off.  But when we bought new furniture, I had to start over again with the tape deterrent.  

image.thumb.jpeg.c43edee12056f1a871b3d7b24d98367d.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, derorim said:

I'm loving the cuddly kitty pictures.  @helen haywood @StanleyandGus.  I had to dig up one of Miss Priss and Marcel.  Our house is so different now without them.  

As far as furniture clawing goes, I invested in double-sided tape and put it where they liked to scratch.  Once they learned not to claw, I took it off.  But when we bought new furniture, I had to start over again with the tape deterrent.  

image.thumb.jpeg.c43edee12056f1a871b3d7b24d98367d.jpeg

Double sided tape works really well with the clawing.  Except with my Annabel who gets one of the other cats to get tangled in it so she has a straight shot at the door jambs.  Not interested in furniture just the door jambs.  We have most of them protected with plastic corners now.  LOL

• Like 4
  • Haha 1