Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

Five years ago, my son's teacher from second grade (who I'm still friends with) posted a fundraiser of sorts on FB where people pledged a $9 donation to be used to buy a student a Scholastic 99-cent book each month.  I think it only took a couple days for her to fill up all 24 spots -- most of us covered more than one student. 

Most of the students in her classroom were unable to purchase books each month when the Scholastic flyer came out, but they'd all get excited over the order form anyway, even though only a few would get to make a purchase.  Every month, there is always one book available that is only 99-cents, and with 24 people pledging $9, that would get a book a month for all 24 kids in her classroom.

Last year and this year, I took money from a extra shift and covered the cost for the whole class.  She tells the kids that they have a Book Fairy Godmother that bought the books for them (I don't let her give me credit).  I know what a game-changer it would have been for me to be able to get a free book as a child, and if I can help just one child learn to love reading, it's totally worth it to me.  

What a great thing to do.  We have a neighbor who works in the school system and creates a wishlist of books in Amazon each year to provide books to the less fortunate.  

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 62°F and sunny here at 11.24am.

It is our 43rd wedding anniversary today.

We had a family meal last night to celebrate.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a nice day.

IMG_20240817_194521.jpg

Happy Anniversary to you and Pauline 💖🥂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

IMG_20240817_194521.jpg

Happy anniversary!!!!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Happy happy anniversary! ♥️

• Thanks 1

Today is my husband Brian's 50th birthday. He was a surprise 2nd-born twin that no one knew about until his arrival. His birth was difficult, involved forceps, and resulted in a brain bleed and cerebral palsy on his right side. He never let it stop him. He is the happiest, most encouraging, positive person. The very best person I know. I'm so thankful that he is here and that we get to share life together. 

I think it's unfair that he looks younger than 50! (I am 51, so it's doubly unfair!)

IMG_8289.thumb.jpeg.7df05122eb1dc4115e36ba58bd7010e7.jpeg

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congratulations to you both. 🎉🥳

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Happy Anniversary Graham!  Wishing you many more happy years together.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Congratulations on your 43rd anniversary.  Wishing you and Pauline many more. 

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Happy anniversary. 

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Happy anniversary.  You and Pauline are such a lovely couple.

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Happy Anniversary Graham and Pauline!

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Happy Anniversary!

50 minutes ago, akcruz said:

What a great thing to do.  We have a neighbor who works in the school system and creates a wishlist of books in Amazon each year to provide books to the less fortunate.  

Happy Anniversary to you and Pauline 💖🥂

43 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@grapau27 Happy Anniversary you to you both Graham & Pauline 🥂💐

33 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 10  and Pauline 💐

27 minutes ago, George C said:

Happy anniversary!!!!!

15 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

@grapau27  Happy, Happy Anniversary!!!  You and Pauline are such a cute couple so cheers to many more! 🍾❤️

13 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Happy Anniversary Graham & Pauline.

6 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Happy happy anniversary! ♥️

Thank you friends for your lovely anniversary wishes.

IMG_20180524_123306.jpg

• Like 25

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

IMG_20240817_194521.jpg

Happy Anniversary wishes to you and Pauline. Your love for one another is a great inspiration for us all. Cheers to you two on your special day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Today is my husband's 50th birthday. He was a surprise 2nd-born twin that no one knew about until his arrival. His birth was difficult, involved forceps, and resulted in a brain bleed and cerebral palsy on his right side. He never let it stop him. He is the happiest, most encouraging, positive person. The very best person I know. I'm so thankful that he is here and that we get to share a life together. 

I think it's unfair that he looks younger than 50! (I am 51, so it's doubly unfair!)

Happy Birthday to your wonderful husband Brian. That’s a great story how he has persevered.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Today is my husband Brian's 50th birthday. He was a surprise 2nd-born twin that no one knew about until his arrival. His birth was difficult, involved forceps, and resulted in a brain bleed and cerebral palsy on his right side. He never let it stop him. He is the happiest, most encouraging, positive person. The very best person I know. I'm so thankful that he is here and that we get to share life together. 

Happy Birthday 🎉🎁🎂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

IMG_20240817_194521.jpg

Happy anniversary, Graham and Pauline!  Wishing you many more years of making memories, together.  

Everything looks perfect, always ! 

Edited by NHProud
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Today is my husband Brian's 50th birthday

Happy Birthday to Brian.  Wish him the best and welcome to the 50 club.🙂

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Brian!
Bethany, I love the pictures on your back wall.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Happy birthday Brian !!! Hope you are doing something to celebrate, I can barely remember 50 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, George C said:

Happy birthday Brian !!! Hope you are doing something to celebrate, I can barely remember 50 😁

We went to Del Frisco's last Saturday to celebrate, and will probably go out to eat again tonight. I made him a chocolate earthquake cake at his request. We celebrated with a big party with his twin and family a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Now that sounds interesting. What is all in it?

You sprinkle a layer of pecans & coconut on the bottom of the pan. Pour chocolate cake batter over those layers. Spoon on dollops of cheesecake mixture and swirl together with the chocolate cake mix, then bake. It's called earthquake cake because the cream cheese swirls make craters in the top of the cake. It's kind of ugly, but it's delicious! Brian often asks for that for his birthday.

• Like 15

16 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

You sprinkle a layer of pecans & coconut on the bottom of the pan. Pour chocolate cake batter over those layers. Spoon on dollops of cheesecake mixture and swirl together with the chocolate cake mix, then bake. It's called earthquake cake because the cream cheese swirls make craters in the top of the cake. It's kind of ugly, but it's delicious! Brian often asks for that for his birthday.

That sounds decadent, but lovely! I, on the other hand, am making zucchini bread, and we not quite done yet with zucchinis!

If anyone is similarly afflicted with zucchini, Smitten Kitchen has a great recipe, and it doesn’t require drying the zucchini.

• Like 6

Popping in just to say Happy Anniversary to you @grapau27 Graham & Pauline!  Warmest wishes for many more. 

Also, Happy 50th to your husband @TravelGirlinDallas!  

We are in the weeds here in upstate NY, cleaning out my MIL’s apartment.  I have a lot of catching up to do but plenty of time on the car ride home this evening.  I definitely need to go back and read more about this earthquake cake!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1