Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Leonard usually sleeps in step daughters bed and more than a few times, she's been woken up by him attacking her arm.  In the morning, he'll sit next to me on the arm of the couch & when he wants petting, he'll gently grab (i.e. bite down) my shirt sleeve & pull it towards him. Once when I was wearing short sleeves, he went to grab (bite down) my arm. I asked him in a stern voice if he thought that was a good idea. He's never done it since when wearing short sleeves. Long sleeves are still fair game.

Toilet paper is Leonard's paper of choice to eat.

Our kittens pay absolutely no attention to a stern voice , water gun works a little, but still very cute , I think getting them when they were 4 months old caused some of the problems, never had these issues with other kittens. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, George C said:

Our kittens pay absolutely no attention to a stern voice , water gun works a little, but still very cute , I think getting them when they were 4 months old caused some of the problems, never had these issues with other kittens. 

Well they are Siamese.  That explains a lot.  Just like our Tortoise Shell has what the vet call "tortitude". Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, George C said:

But they are adorable though

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Plenty of opportunity to ski in Adirondacks & nearby Vermont. 

I went to school at RPI in Troy, NY near Albany, and we would drive to Killington for several ski weekends during the winter.  Loved it...especially with a stop at the Wobbly Barn après-ski. 😁  It looks like the Wobbly Barn is a little more upscale now than I remember it.  

26 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Well they are Siamese.  That explains a lot.  Just like our Tortoise Shell has what the vet call "tortitude". Lol

We had a Siamese kitten some 30 years ago and he was a great kitten never destroyed furniture extremely friendly 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

Jade is hit and miss with the stern voice routine depending on her mood. When she wants to be petted she can also be a bit aggressive if I don't respond to her voice. If I'm walking she will grab my leg and sometimes she jumps up and swats my hand with her paw. She knows how to make herself hard to ignore, sort of like the cat version of my Weimaraner.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Jade is hit and miss with the stern voice routine depending on her mood. When she wants to be petted she can also be a bit aggressive if I don't respond to her voice. If I'm walking she will grab my leg and sometimes she jumps up and swats my hand with her paw. She knows how to make herself hard to ignore, sort of like the cat version of my Weimaraner.

Getting two kittens that were bonded already helps they play and wrestle together then give each other baths , we feel better taking vacations since they have each other . 

• Like 6

22 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

This morning I woke up with my entire body shaking.My BP was 191/70.I immediately took my BP medication and an hour later it was down to 141/60.

I had an 11:00 appointment scheduled with my Neurologist due to foot numbness that kept me confined to my bedroom the past 4 days.The doctor prescribed Gabapentin 100mg, 3 times a day stating it was the only medication that would address the numbness immediately.I was on the medication in 2018 but stopped it because it was causing extreme dizziness.

Hope the Gabapentin helps.  I took it when I had cancer.  It did make me so dizzy I couldn’t drive or work but it sure helped my nerve pain. I was very happy to wean off of it when my tumor began to shrink. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Hopefully your lunch with your Therapists will come to fruition quite soon!❤️

Thanks,Maryann.I hope so.Both have never been on a cruise.I have been telling them how great cruising is and having the opportunity to meet people and even become friends.They both hope to cruise in 2025.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Hope the Gabapentin helps.  I took it when I had cancer.  It did make me so dizzy I couldn’t drive or work but it sure helped my nerve pain. I was very happy to wean off of it when my tumor began to shrink. 

I was on Gabapentin a few years ago and nearly fell from getting dizzy.I had at that time 34 falls due to my many medical problems and I took myself off it.So far I have had 4 capsules without a problem.I am glad that it helped you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I went to school at RPI in Troy, NY near Albany, and we would drive to Killington for several ski weekends during the winter.  Loved it...especially with a stop at the Wobbly Barn après-ski. 😁  It looks like the Wobbly Barn is a little more upscale now than I remember it.  

My cousin Gil is a RPI grad.He became an Opthalmologist and is still practicing at age 81.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Not a great way to start the day. Hope the medicine works but without the side effects this time.

Thank you H.My in home OT was here today .Her husbands father works for the Mets and she is a huge fan.She told me she will be rooting for the Yankees in the WS because they are a NY team.

I think this has the potential to be one of the best WS ever.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

I know, right?  She and her mom actually spent all day Sunday shopping for winter clothes…I don’t think she’s had to wear a coat in the 2 years she’s been down here!

One of my daughters went to college in Albany .My wife and I went to Parents Weekends four times in Octobers,It was not much colder than NYC where we lived at the time.

6 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

So weird!  I had to prove I was not a Robot before getting onto our Dani Thread just now.  🤔🤔🤔

Since I am posting right now, it's obvious that I passed;  I am indeed not a Robot!😁

I had to prove I am not a robot too.  They must have done an update or are doing one because then I got an error message about ten minutes after I successfully identified buckets.  Reloaded page and it is working again.