Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bucky and Laurie did share a really delicious warm Maine Blueberry pie with ice cream yesterday!  😋

Last week we went around the corner to the pick your own blueberry farm.  We picked 6.5 lbs. and I made a wonderful cobbler.  I think we need to go back and get more though to have enough for more cobbler, some pies, pancakes and muffins.  They are so good.  Now I just need them to put in some strawberries and blackberries.  LOL

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Would those be instant grits?

Oh gosh no...a true southern girl would never make instant grits...yuck!! 😜

Old fashion grits, and one bag of red grits from Edisto SC (birthday present)...and oh so tasty.  

Yes, you may reference "My Cousin Vinny" now.  😄 😄😉 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hiked nature preserve near Deer Island yesterday.  Was nice hike, and enjoyed exploring the shoreline when we got out there.  Mosquitos through the woods were a little too hungry though!  Forgot my bug spray, and need to wear long sleeves!  😮 

20210606_102315.jpg

20210606_104350.jpg

20210606_105132.jpg

20210606_112812.jpg

Did you find any treasures on the shoreline? Looks like Bucky has something in his hand or is checking to see if it is raining!!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keksie said:

Last week we went around the corner to the pick your own blueberry farm.  We picked 6.5 lbs. and I made a wonderful cobbler.  I think we need to go back and get more though to have enough for more cobbler, some pies, pancakes and muffins.  They are so good.  Now I just need them to put in some strawberries and blackberries.  LOL

Sounds yummy!!!  Love them when they are so fresh!  Unfortunately those delicious sweet tart tiny wild Maine Blueberries won't ripe yet until mid August...but we will be ready and waiting for them!!  🥰

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Where is the farm?

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh gosh no...a true southern girl would never make instant grits...yuck!! 😜

Old fashion grits, and one bag of red grits from Edisto SC (birthday present)...and oh so tasty.  

Yes, you may reference "My Cousin Vinny" now.  😄 😄😉 

Do you make shrimp and grits?  That is one of my favorite grit dishes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruise wizard said:

Did you find any treasures on the shoreline? Looks like Bucky has something in his hand or is checking to see if it is raining!!!!!

LOL...Yeah, he was finding Quartz pebbles on the beach.  There was a lot of white and pink Quartz everywhere.   I found several Quartz veins along the shoreline...and thought of my kitchen counters.  😉 

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Do you make shrimp and grits?  That is one of my favorite grit dishes.

Mmmm...love shrimp and grits as well.  Charleston SC always seems to have some of the best!  I don't make it often, mostly my grits are for breakfast as a side to eggs.  Those red grits were really good!  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

We live in a very mild climate, so in our brief winter we make the most of it. We reserved an ‘igloo’ on the Brisbane river Saturday afternoon for cocktails 😁

D9F8C3F8-4720-444F-AB22-D9218996AB34.jpeg

000C9F98-E703-4E04-AF4B-60DD4E97DD3D.jpeg

I've never seen that before.  I agree with Graham...Brilliant!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, island lady said:

We have another week here at the house we are currently renting...then we move on to the next one for two weeks, which is literally right over the rocks on an inlet north of Bar Harbor.  Tiny little typical Maine summer cottage,  probably 50 years old.  Will be a total difference from this brand new modern large home!  😮  

Sounds wonderful.🍾👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Would be a long drive but the blueberries are very good.

I just did a google search for blueberry farms near me..............no luck.............2 were marked "temporarily closed". So, I guess I will continue to go to Publix and pick my own plastic container of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries.

We do drive over to the Port of Tampa and have seen miles of strawberry farms - some with stands and some pick your own. Maybe it is time to stop and pick the berries!!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Spotted this on the wall at the vet clinic. Hope it is not invasive but it sure looks pretty. 

FCBD4A9B-B4AE-4895-955F-563FF7D64024.thumb.jpeg.eb7e5a0dda4e149c1ae953d95062b198.jpeg

7559309B-F724-4BF5-B2BF-17DE0EE39176.thumb.jpeg.bc655cf2f8395c5c95eb2868e8263a8d.jpeg

Hyalophora cecropia, the cecropia moth, is North America's largest native moth. It is a member of the family Saturniidae, or giant silk moths. Females have been documented with a wingspan of five to seven inches (160 mm) or more. These moths can be found all across North America as far west as Washington and north into the majority of Canadian provinces. Cecropia moth larvae are most commonly found on maple trees, but they have also been found on cherry and birch trees among many others.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Just now, cruise wizard said:

I just did a google search for blueberry farms near me..............no luck.............2 were marked "temporarily closed". So, I guess I will continue to go to Publix and pick my own plastic container of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries.

We do drive over to the Port of Tampa and have seen miles of strawberry farms - some with stands and some pick your own. Maybe it is time to stop and pick the berries!!!!

I love strawberries.  We started a bed of them this spring.  It will take a year to really get going but the ones that we ate this year were good.  I want to find a blackberry farm next year.  I love raspberries but they need cold weather and that we don't have enough of.  

• Like 1

I'll combine a few recent discussions from this thread into talking about our dinner last night.  DD26 lives about 15 minutes away from us (in Ohio) with her BF.  Her BF is a chef.  They come to our house for dinner fairly frequently and he often cooks.  He claims that he really likes doing it, but I think he just doesn't want to say no to his girlfriend's mother.  My part in the whole situation is to make sure that his beer doesn't get empty.

Last night, they invited us to their apartment for dinner.  He made duck using his sous vide cooker and then seared, topped with a blueberry compote.  For a vegetable, he sautéed mushrooms and bacon and put them in a béchamel sauce with asiago cheese.  The starch was a rustic garlic mashed potatoes.  DD23 was with us and doesn't like duck, so he made her some shrimp with a vodka lobster sauce.  It might have been better than the duck.  Amazing meal.  Still recovering from the food coma.  Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I am so far behind on this thread, I don’t know if I will catch up.  

Walked by this Airstream this morning and thought maybe it was @xpcdoojk on the way to Andrew’s place to park it.  

BA9B8B6A-E031-4C6A-AA02-B01DC2F5AEFF.thumb.jpeg.ed0c6dc4e7a75423dd0e4491c41120c7.jpeg

By the way, there was a story in Car and Driver this month about getting one of these sideways on the interstate.  Unintentionally, of course. 

Read that article.  Nice Airstream.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

I find the Maine wild blueberries at Walmart from the big producer up here...Wymans.  They are frozen, but still sooo good when I can't get the fresh ones.  🙂 

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I find the Maine wild blueberries at Walmart from the big producer up here...Wymans.  They are frozen, but still sooo good when I can't get the fresh ones.  🙂 

Haven't tried them but will look for them. We usually buy the fresh (sometimes from Chile and Mexico).

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'll combine a few recent discussions from this thread into talking about our dinner last night.  DD26 lives about 15 minutes away from us (in Ohio) with her BF.  Her BF is a chef.  They come to our house for dinner fairly frequently and he often cooks.  He claims that he really likes doing it, but I think he just doesn't want to say no to his girlfriend's mother.  My part in the whole situation is to make sure that his beer doesn't get empty.

Last night, they invited us to their apartment for dinner.  He made duck using his sous vide cooker and then seared, topped with a blueberry compote.  For a vegetable, he sautéed mushrooms and bacon and put them in a béchamel sauce with asiago cheese.  The starch was a rustic garlic mashed potatoes.  DD23 was with us and doesn't like duck, so he made her some shrimp with a vodka lobster sauce.  It might have been better than the duck.  Amazing meal.  Still recovering from the food coma.  Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures.  

OMG...that sounds fantastic!  I would definitely say he can cook doing dishes like that!!  🙂 

50 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope Lucy is okay.

Many years ago when we took my black Persian cat to the vets he would get agitated and scratched me.

Our cat, peed all over me, the first time I took her to the vet.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3