Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, cruise wizard said:

Haven't tried them but will look for them. We usually buy the fresh (sometimes from Chile and Mexico).

Walmart frozen fruit section.  Wymans brand in a large blue and white bag.  They are soooo good!  I like to break down the bulky bag by taking them all out and then putting them back in the freezer in pre portioned small zip locks bags into a larger gallon bag.  Makes it so easy to just take one out at time for blueberry pancakes.  🙂 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just a regular visit today. She has no cares in the world and lives the vet. She rides to the appointment in a mini crate and rides home sitting on the passenger seat. She loves rides in the truck. 

I guess it would be nice to have a cool cat like Lucy.

Us on the other hand inherited from our daughter 8 years ago when Christina went to college Psycho cat.

AKA Carrie, who never walked for the first two years of life......she was carried everywhere.

The first year we had her cat, she would hide or  stalk us from around corners.  For months on end we never saw her, but the food dish was empty.

Then one day a dark spot was in the corner in family room, my husband goes look Carrie.

Soon, she made it to the middle of the room.

One day she jumped on couch and sat next to the DH as he watched TV, as she still does to today.

She currently snuggles up to me at night on the bed.

In regards to the VET.  They do not want to see her, she still has psychotic manic events from the moment she gets in the carrier, till they make an attempt to examine her.  

They only want to see her every 3 years unless we need to take her in for whatever reason. She is an indoor cat.

Yup we get billed for major sedation at any appointment just for a routine visit.

But she is now calm at home.  That is if you stay away from the "start button" on her lower back".

Then she is psycho cat again.

Just saying.

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Us too.  Can't stand middle seat set ups!  😜

When we fly economy - we try to get the row of two seats together - if not we do the aisle seats across from each other. We do have first class for our flights to Hawaii for May next year (use FF miles).

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

OMG...that sounds fantastic!  I would definitely say he can cook doing dishes like that!!  🙂 

Oh yeah, he can cook.  Unfortunately, he doesn't have a job right now.  The restaurant where he was working last year shut down for Covid.  He has plenty of job opportunities right now but is waiting for the job that he really wants at a new restaurant that will open in the next month or 2.  He knows the owner and executive chef there.  He's done the Cheesecake Factory/Bravo, type of chain restaurants and much prefers to work where he can be more creative.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

When we fly economy - we try to get the row of two seats together - if not we do the aisle seats across from each other. We do have first class for our flights to Hawaii for May next year (use FF miles).

Indeed yes...use miles frequent flyer miles quite a bit.  Visa points add up!  😉 

We like to go first class on long flights, but will opt for "aisle and aisle" on short flights or flights with no first class.  Love the little jets with the 2/1 or 2/2 configuration! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

She loves rides in the truck. 

What a blessing. Our cats cry and whine the whole way to and from the vet. I feel bad for them. They sound like they are dying with their meows. Maybe they are just trying to get back at me.

• Like 1

Hello everyone. Getting caught this morning on all the threads. Life is getting back to normal. For the first time in a year we had a full weekend social calendar. Friday night prewedding reception with over 100 people, outside at a beautiful farm with great food and friends I had not seen in over a year. Saturday the wedding. Then Sunday a graduation party for Linda's niece. I can honestly say last night I was exhausted. I'm not used to all this socializing. It was great to be out, no masks as everyone was vaccinated but I'm out of partying shape. I need to step up my game if I am going to ready to cruise this fall. Being cooped up all year has gotten me out of socializing shape. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Oh gosh no...a true southern girl would never make instant grits...yuck!! 😜

Old fashion grits, and one bag of red grits from Edisto SC (birthday present)...and oh so tasty.  

Yes, you may reference "My Cousin Vinny" now.  😄 😄😉 

Watched "My cousin Vinny" last night. We have it memorized.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George C said:

My wife had to talk me into flying first class that was about ten years ago , wouldn’t go back .

We upgraded about 15 years ago and have never looked back. My husband says that's the only way he can fly because of the free drinks!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

I guess it would be nice to have a cool cat like Lucy.

Us on the other hand inherited from our daughter 8 years ago when Christina went to college Psycho cat.

AKA Carrie, who never walked for the first two years of life......she was carried everywhere.

The first year we had her cat, she would hide or  stalk us from around corners.  For months on end we never saw her, but the food dish was empty.

Then one day a dark spot was in the corner in family room, my husband goes look Carrie.

Soon, she made it to the middle of the room.

One day she jumped on couch and sat next to the DH as he watched TV, as she still does to today.

She currently snuggles up to me at night on the bed.

In regards to the VET.  They do not want to see her, she still has psychotic manic events from the moment she gets in the carrier, till they make an attempt to examine her.  

They only want to see her every 3 years unless we need to take her in for whatever reason. She is an indoor cat.

Yup we get billed for major sedation at any appointment just for a routine visit.

But she is now calm at home.  That is if you stay away from the "start button" on her lower back".

Then she is psycho cat again.

Just saying.

My daughter must have Carries littermate. Harleee is a mean and even kitty to most people. She sizes you up as soon as you walk in,  hisses and walks away from you. Don't even attempt to pet or pick up if you have been a recipient of a unwelcoming hiss. My daughter had to board her overnight when she moved and when she went to pick her up the next morning the vet asked my daughter to get her out of the cage because everyone else was too scared to put their hand in get her. If Harlee likes you, she is really sweet.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

What a blessing. Our cats cry and whine the whole way to and from the vet. I feel bad for them. They sound like they are dying with their meows. Maybe they are just trying to get back at me.

Major ordeal to get our cats into pet taxi for there annual visit , even though vet is less than a mile away. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

I kind of feel bad now. I posted on "Absolutely Disgusted,,," thread that I had a headache, and it got closed to further replies. Geesh, just trying to be funny????

I don’t think you are the guilty party on that one.  I am surprised it only got locked and not poofed.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'll combine a few recent discussions from this thread into talking about our dinner last night.  DD26 lives about 15 minutes away from us (in Ohio) with her BF.  Her BF is a chef.  They come to our house for dinner fairly frequently and he often cooks.  He claims that he really likes doing it, but I think he just doesn't want to say no to his girlfriend's mother.  My part in the whole situation is to make sure that his beer doesn't get empty.

Last night, they invited us to their apartment for dinner.  He made duck using his sous vide cooker and then seared, topped with a blueberry compote.  For a vegetable, he sautéed mushrooms and bacon and put them in a béchamel sauce with asiago cheese.  The starch was a rustic garlic mashed potatoes.  DD23 was with us and doesn't like duck, so he made her some shrimp with a vodka lobster sauce.  It might have been better than the duck.  Amazing meal.  Still recovering from the food coma.  Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures.  

Love Duck. Sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing. Might put our SousVide to work. 

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

I don’t think you are the guilty party on that one.  I am surprised it only got locked and not poofed.

Yes agreed. At this point I don't want to get into the arguments. In the end I have no control. I'll do whatever they tell me. I just want to get on a ship.

• Like 6

Such yummy food chat.  I used to pick fresh blueberries and blackberries at summer camp on believe it or not, Staten Island.  Mom would give me a small pail to bring them home in,  So Little House on the Prairie!

For you Dallasites, Central Market sells Maine blueberry pie when in season.  So unbelievably good.

Having lived in NYC for most of my life I always thought a lobster roll was like a chinese egg roll but filled with lobster! First one I had was in Hyannis after I was married. Good but way too much celery. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I kind of feel bad now. I posted on "Absolutely Disgusted,,," thread that I had a headache, and it got closed to further replies. Geesh, just trying to be funny????

That thread lasted a lot longer than I thought.  I’m guessing it was the weekend. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Someone is going to the vet today and does not know it.

I remember you've mentioned a while ago that Miss Lucy has a vet appointment.

Wondering -- as she sometimes "walks the 'walk of shame' ", how are you sure she'll be around for appointment day???

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Our cat, peed all over me, the first time I took her to the vet.  

My cat used to panic if we tried to put him in the cat box to transport him by car to the vets.

Fortunately he never wet on me.

15 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Funny everyone here in New England longs for summer.  Now it's here and hot as hell and everyone bitches.  We can't win!

First time in years for the month of June, we didn't put the AC on. Very cold in the evenings, usually by this time we could entertain friends on our balcony...

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am quite happy with the weather. The traffic, not so much.

14 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Same here.

It seems that the nice weather brings along the "traffic".... can't have it all, can we? 😁

• Like 2