Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

All SNL impersonations are usually spot on.  Two favorites are Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer and Maya Rudolph as Beyonce.  Of course Tina Fey as Sara Palin was amazingly real.

In the movie 54 ,SNL alum Mike Meyers portrayed my late friend Steve Rubell.

58 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

You live in such a beautiful area. We live 15 minutes from our beach which is about 20 miles long. It’s lined with condos, a few hotels, a very few restaurants, and at the southern end, huge homes you can only catch glimpses of through the trees and shrubs. 
There are beach access points, but nowhere along that strip to get a broad view of the ocean and sand. 

How about Ponte Vedra  Beach?  Only 18 miles to the south of Jax.  Most area pretty remote with lots of walkovers from the other side of A1A.  Pretty beach.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

How about Ponte Vedra  Beach?  Only 18 miles to the south of Jax.  Most area pretty remote with lots of walkovers from the other side of A1A.  Pretty beach.  

That’s way down in South Ponte Vedra. The part where we walked over the dunes as kids to the beach is now multimillion dollar homes hidden from view. 
You have to get to the Guana Lake Preserve area to be able to park and walk on the beach. There are beach access points sprinkled all the way down, but when you get closer to Ponte Vedra they’re all but invisible, and with extremely limited parking. 
Right now we’re in Crescent Beach south of St Augustine, and there are a couple of beach access points that allow cars. We’re house sitting for our DD and SIL and enjoying their panoramic view of the ocean. The beachfront is built up all the way from St Augustine Beach down. 
I envy the people who can still drive along and see the ocean. It’s few and far between here. 

804D3CA0-261F-4349-A71B-8ED8D84177EA.jpeg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@grapau27, @BonTexasNY,

Graham,

I truly admire your patience.

We all know that nothing "the state" gives us is "free" -- we have no choice but to contribute to the "freeness".... whether it is income tax, social security tax, sales tax, VAT -- you name it.

After paying all those taxes our entire life, we are at the point of even not being "aware" of it 😉

Some "states" give back more, some less, some -- not at all. It is what it is.

Dani, you sound like my Israeli sister-in-law.  Her mantra is  "Ain brayrah" - No choice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

How old is Lucy?  Seems my girls slept more as they got older.  Well...errr....I guess that goes for us older human folks as well.  😄 

She’s 7 now. On that note I could use a nap right now. 

39 minutes ago, Cracker55 said:

I don’t think I can agree. Some are very complex and opinionated.

It seems here, the posters have been able to avoid posting divisional messages. 

There are some that have different opinions at times but on this thread it is a peaceful place. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Cracker55 said:

Here are some pictures of my granddaughter and family.

Thanks for the share.  Congratulations to your granddaughter.  Her parents must be just as proud as you. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

One sort of politician that really had a sense of humor was Ross Perot he had Dana Carvey do his impression at a birthday party , also in his private museum he had those bits playing, my wife works for a Perot family business so I was able to meet him a couple of times. 

Dana is crazy funny.

Our friend used to see Ross Perot at a small barber shop in Dallas, Preston and Royal area.  Very personable guy.  Actually both our friend and Ross are (were).😃

I worked for Bank of America regional office a few short blocks from Ross's Plano EDS headquarters.  It was Ross who had the vision to move his business up to Plano when there was hardly anything there but farmland.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cracker55 said:

Blowing Rocks, unlike Florida sandy beaches, is a outcrop of limestone rocks. Here are a few pictures.  Just North of Jupiter. 

B13E4588-A1E6-4C39-BEAF-CDC865134D4B.jpeg

58D9B7E3-91AF-4901-A3D0-2CFB1F79A947.jpeg

A3FC2914-21C4-4C7F-99BD-F04C92FC6051.jpeg

4612DDA2-C7F6-46F0-B952-E2004A19D874.jpeg

53A7A2B3-6FA2-4BC0-BEB0-C27DCEDE073E.jpeg

F2A675B4-79A2-4177-9438-9D591C64A29E.jpeg

Reminds me of Aruba.... the side opposite the capitol and seaport.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Better book soon.............rumor has it that capacity limits are getting close on some of the early ones!!!!

I hope that you can make it.................the 6/26 will be very special as the first US port sailing!!!!!

After going back and forth on dates, DH picked the July 17 sailing. 

He was up in smoke having to go back to Florida in just 2 weeks if we picked July 3 sailing (MY CHOICE) since we just returned home from Florida last night. Home is in NJ.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

After going back and forth on dates, DH picked the July 17 sailing. 

He was up in smoke having to go back to Florida in just 2 weeks if we picked July 3 sailing (MY CHOICE) since we just returned home from Florida last night. Home is in NJ.

So Mean Mary and I are gonna miss you?

1 hour ago, Cracker55 said:

I don’t think I can agree. Some are very complex and opinionated.

It seems here, the posters have been able to avoid posting divisional messages. 

"We try harder" -- since "we" don't discuss "popular" items like tipping, bananas near mayo, dress code in MDR, etc. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1