Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Okay, now I need to know - what’s a shrimp roll?  Is it just like a lobster roll, but using shrimp instead?

I make them the way the lobster rolls in Maine are made. Anywhere in Maine I’ve had them, anyway. 
Cut boiled shrimp into chunks and mix with a little Mayo, salt and pepper. 
Toast your split top (New England style)rolls in butter in a frying pan till they’re golden. 
If I have lettuce on hand, I’ll lay a lettuce leaf in. Then stuff with the shrimp. 
Connecticut style,  like with lobster,  would be serving it warm with the shrimp just tossed in melted butter. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

@lenquixote66 and @John&LaLa...Cubs all the way. I grew up in a house full of Mets fans. 👎

Even though I lived 5 blocks from Ebbets Field I never went there because my parents were not interested in baseball and neither were my friends.I went by myself by subway in 1962 to Yankee Stadium and saw my very first game.I was also mugged that afternoon .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Even though I lived 5 blocks from Ebbets Field I never went there because my parents were not interested in baseball and neither were my friends.I went by myself by subway in 1962 to Yankee Stadium and saw my very first game.I was also mugged that afternoon .

I could have been born that day😉🤣🤣

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My Brooklyn brother in law a die hard Dodgers fan, switched to The Mets when the Dodgers moved to CA. He, as scores of others were outraged.  Were you always a Mets fan?

I was a Dodgers fan from the first time I saw them in 1953 on TV.Even though I root for the Mets I still want to see the Dodgers do well.I was not outraged when they went to California as I never saw the Dodgers in person ,even though as I posted to Dave ,I lived 5 blocks from Ebbets Field .Your BIL lived a lot further as we previously discussed on the other board.😀

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was a Dodgers fan from the first time I saw them in 1953 on TV.Even though I root for the Mets I still want to see the Dodgers do well.I was not outraged when they went to California as I never saw the Dodgers in person ,even though as I posted to Dave ,I lived 5 blocks from Ebbets Field .Your BIL lived a lot further as we previously discussed on the other board.😀

I saw a Dodger game in LA. It was boring. To laid back

Edited by John&LaLa

15 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never saw the Dodgers live.I have been to baseball games in NY ,Ohio ,Montreal,Toronto and PA.

KC, St Louis, Atlanta, Baltimore, Huntsville, and Reunion, FL

No stubs

Edited by John&LaLa

34 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I make them the way the lobster rolls in Maine are made. Anywhere in Maine I’ve had them, anyway. 
Cut boiled shrimp into chunks and mix with a little Mayo, salt and pepper. 
Toast your split top (New England style)rolls in butter in a frying pan till they’re golden. 
If I have lettuce on hand, I’ll lay a lettuce leaf in. Then stuff with the shrimp. 
Connecticut style,  like with lobster,  would be serving it warm with the shrimp just tossed in melted butter. 

Thank you! (I hit the ha-ha button by mistake)

32 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

😲

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Party day today for us.  It's a combination b-day party for me (June 16), b-day party for my daughter (June 22), father's day party for all dads, and neighborhood going away party (since we're outta here on the 25th!).  It was supposed to be in our backyard using the pool but we had a nasty storm roll through last night, with more storms predicted for later today.  If we get lucky, the rain will hold off until after the party ends.  If not, we'll be inside a mostly empty house using rented folding tables and chairs. 😁

Hope you guys had an amazing day.  Lots of things worthy to celebrate. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Well, this will not be a routine day in lockdown.  We are getting packed for our 50 minute flight from FLL to Nassau. Our driver is picking us up at 1130 , and will be in plenty of time for our 340 takeoff. JetBlue says to arrive 3 hours before an international flight. Our arrival time to check-in for the ship is 530. WE booked a GTY and ended up in 6622,  nice location close to the aft elevators. Tonight we sleep on the ship.

Our last cruise was on Serenade , ending Feb 10, 2020. It was a B2B, 10 and 11 nights, so we did get 21 days in 2020.

So Jealous!    Have a wonderful trip and cannot wait to hear about your travels.    Our last sailing was on Serenade too!     We did a b2b of the 10 and 11 nights Jan/Feb and did an Allure sailings for 7 nights before we hoped on Serenade for our b2b.     We had a wonderful trip and enjoyed exploring Colombia as that was a new port for us.

I am sure you will have a great time being back on a ship🤩   

• Like 1