Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, SGTTUBA75 said:

I looked for it this morning to read the ramblings of ACE. 

Always a good way to start the day. Or end the evening.

I guess I have a twisted mind. I enjoy reading his post and chuckle at them. I don't  take anything he says seriously as I think he is messing with people. Sometimes he outdoes himself.

I still crack up at the massive tower computer in the cabin....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

🎵 Beat the Mets, beat the Mets, step right up and beat the Mets. 🎵

Or something like that.  

While some disappointed fans may agree with your version of the lyrics, the actual ones are- “ Meet the Mets, Meet the Mets,come on out and greet the Mets”

or something like that...

Growing up in Queens, not too far from Shea Stadium, I would often go to Mets games with my Dad. 

He was very glad when the Mets came along as he was without a team to root for after the Dodgers left Brooklyn. 

Maybe this is the Mets’ year. Seems that diehard fans say that every year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

The METS also have potentially the best infield and outfield when all are healthy .

My Brooklyn brother in law a die hard Dodgers fan, switched to The Mets when the Dodgers moved to CA. He, as scores of others were outraged.  Were you always a Mets fan?

45 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Party day today for us.  It's a combination b-day party for me (June 16), b-day party for my daughter (June 22), father's day party for all dads, and neighborhood going away party (since we're outta here on the 25th!).  It was supposed to be in our backyard using the pool but we had a nasty storm roll through last night, with more storms predicted for later today.  If we get lucky, the rain will hold off until after the party ends.  If not, we'll be inside a mostly empty house using rented folding tables and chairs. 😁

Happy Birthday to all!!   And happy Dad's Day as well!  Birthday cake Royalty Free Vector Image - VectorStock

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Party day today for us.  It's a combination b-day party for me (June 16), b-day party for my daughter (June 22), father's day party for all dads, and neighborhood going away party (since we're outta here on the 25th!).  It was supposed to be in our backyard using the pool but we had a nasty storm roll through last night, with more storms predicted for later today.  If we get lucky, the rain will hold off until after the party ends.  If not, we'll be inside a mostly empty house using rented folding tables and chairs. 😁

More reasons for your family to celebrate!  Hope it’s a great day for all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Well, this will not be a routine day in lockdown.  We are getting packed for our 50 minute flight from FLL to Nassau. Our driver is picking us up at 1130 , and will be in plenty of time for our 340 takeoff. JetBlue says to arrive 3 hours before an international flight. Our arrival time to check-in for the ship is 530. WE booked a GTY and ended up in 6622,  nice location close to the aft elevators. Tonight we sleep on the ship.

Our last cruise was on Serenade , ending Feb 10, 2020. It was a B2B, 10 and 11 nights, so we did get 21 days in 2020.

Have a wonderful cruise!

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I still have fond memories of the 1996 World Series. 😇

Although this year, the Yankees seemed determined to be out of contention by 4th of July. 😠

Seems like Braves were NL East champions for around 15 straight years. A couple of Pennants and one WS ring. Crazy

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

🎵 Beat the Mets, beat the Mets, step right up and beat the Mets. 🎵

Or something like that.  

Mets didn’t exist when I was young, I have been a Yankee fan my entire life hard not to be with Mickey Mantle and them playing in the World Series every year for a decade or more , wife gave me a autographed Mantle baseball and a autographed plaque. 

• Like 1

Hello Bon TexasNY

Yes, a Mets’ fan by inheritance and neighborhood. The Mets were the home town team.

Since Shea was a short train ride away, I went to games when I was a teenager with a group of friends and on dates with boyfriends ,in addition to the games I saw with my Dad.

When we moved to Eastern Long Island, my DH and I traveled into Shea and then CitiField for games at least once a season. Now, the trip is a bit long for us, but we usually catch a Spring Training game in Port St Lucie when we are in Florida during the winter. 

The 1969 season was filled with hope and excitement. Then, some ballgames were televised in the afternoon. During the series, the HS teacher,a Mets fan, of our last period class would put the game on TV,so we could see the beginning of the Series’ games. By the time we got home, we could watch the final innings. I was very glad that my Dad could enjoy that Mets’ World Series win.He passed away in 1980, but I am sure he would have been rooting for the 1986 Mets’ team.

Gary Carter was my all time favorite Mets player. I liked his personality and spirit and I thought he was cute too. He resembled my DH which may have added to my liking him!

I think it may have been you that mentioned that the trainers  department could be causing problems for the Mets’ ability to win. I think this may be the case. Now, deGrom  is having issues.

The Mets have new owners. Maybe this is the year for them to go to the Series. Time will tell.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is 68°F and sunny.

We are at Harrogate again today.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

IMG_20210619_131743.jpg

IMG_20210619_123552.jpg

IMG_20210619_123526.jpg

I wish my DH enjoyed eating out like you two do. He’d rather eat dry toast at home. 
you both look wonderful, as always!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

I make them at home as well!  Almost once a week for lunch. 😋

Used to make the shrimp sandwiches...but have switched to shrimp rolls ...or actually shrimp wraps using low carb soft tortilla shells.  Prefer them over the heavy bun.  I saute the shrimp with blacken seasoning and butter.  

Can't get the NE style hot dog buns in Florida...so wraps it is.  😉 

We used to bring Nissen rolls back in the car, like 6 packages. Give a couple away and freeze the rest. 
Now Publix carries Pepperidge Farms split top rolls…I’ve been buying them for at least three years.

Our stadium concession stands started using them for hotdogs and we started getting hot dogs at every game. Then Publix started selling  them. I think they’re labeled Bakery Classic. 
I spread some butter on the outside and toast them in a frying pan. They turn hot dogs and shrimp rolls into gastronomic delights! Not low carb or low calorie, though!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

Bird Travels did a fantastic "Live" report this past week called Adventure of the Seas-1st voyage. It is loaded with pictures, menus, rules, regulations, times and all sorts of cruise related items.

I know.

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So two things Florida doesn't have... real hot dog buns and real lobsters.

Lobstergram delivers live lobsters and Publix sells split top rolls!!! 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Yup...not a fan at all of the "warm water tails"....the mushy kind with no claws from Florida and the Carib.  Yuck!  My sister loves them and actually dives for them during season from her other home in the Keys.  

And nope...have never seen the NE style rolls in Florida.  But we really do like the wraps anyway.

What I can't get up here....grits of any kind, and decent shrimp.   Sooo...Lobster and crab it is, and my suitcase was packed with grits from home.  😄 

Maine’s ocean shrimp is like our river shrimp. Our cousin was one of the people umpteen years ago to be part of a State of Maine oyster farming experiment. I think they gave up on it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Oh...I forgot to mention....we can buy the "Red Hots"....up here as well.  Not found in Florida.  

For my southern friends...the Red Hots are not spicy hot, but instead refers to the color of the hot dog skin.  Very popular up here...and really good!  Have four of them in the fridge right now waiting to meet the grill!  😉 

Outside of LLBean’s front door in Freeport is a hot dog cart. For many years we bought one on the way in and in the way out again. I don’t know why they’re so good, they just are!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Outside of LLBean’s front door in Freeport is a hot dog cart. For many years we bought one on the way in and in the way out again. I don’t know why they’re so good, they just are!

Maybe they use moose meat????? I suspect that the dog tastes better for the same reason they are more delicious at a baseball or football game stadium.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Maybe they use moose meat????? I suspect that the dog tastes better for the same reason they are more delicious at a baseball or football game stadium.

Everything tastes better in Maine, anyway. I think it’s the air!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, island lady said:

I make them at home as well!  Almost once a week for lunch. 😋

Used to make the shrimp sandwiches...but have switched to shrimp rolls ...or actually shrimp wraps using low carb soft tortilla shells.  Prefer them over the heavy bun.  I saute the shrimp with blacken seasoning and butter.  

Can't get the NE style hot dog buns in Florida...so wraps it is.  😉 

Okay, now I need to know - what’s a shrimp roll?  Is it just like a lobster roll, but using shrimp instead?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Belated birthday wishes for you and Happy Birthday wishes for your daughter on Tuesday.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am quite a fan of eating at home, too.

After a high proportion of the last 15 months in various UK lockdowns it is nice to actually be able to eat out and have 2 nights in a hotel like we did on Thursday and Friday night.

• Like 3