Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

We used to bring Nissen rolls back in the car, like 6 packages. Give a couple away and freeze the rest. 
Now Publix carries Pepperidge Farms split top rolls…I’ve been buying them for at least three years.

Our stadium concession stands started using them for hotdogs and we started getting hot dogs at every game. Then Publix started selling  them. I think they’re labeled Bakery Classic. 
I spread some butter on the outside and toast them in a frying pan. They turn hot dogs and shrimp rolls into gastronomic delights! Not low carb or low calorie, though!

The other night we grilled up some burgers with blue cheese and swiss cheese then I buttered some brioche buns with KerryGold Garlic and Herb butter and lightly grilled them.     Delicious!

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

In the US 🤔😱

He played in the US but the players were born in many different countries such as Italy ,Spain and England.He saved a team photo which I have .

I never played Soccer but my grand kids play and are on school teams.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

The best seats in the stadium were next to Mary Hart and Larry King.

We sat between dugouts behind home plate. So low you could barely see outfield. 

Think of the place the radar gun guy sits

25 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I also went to minor league games and Independent League games.

We actually were the fans for Major League 2.

Took forever, very boring. Kept having to change seats depending on the camera angle they needed

They used Camden Yards because it would look similar to the new Cleveland stadium that was under construction.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I also went to minor league games and Independent League games.

Huntsville, AL was minor league. Reunion was spring training for Braves. 

Disney's ESPN Complex

And I've also been to Williamsport complex. Home of the Little League World Series. Cute park

Edited by John&LaLa

27 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

He played in the US but the players were born in many different countries such as Italy ,Spain and England.He saved a team photo which I have .

I never played Soccer but my grand kids play and are on school teams.

No idea it was popular back then. 

11 hours ago, Paul from Maryland said:

I'm curious about this.  One of the largest makers of automotive glass says their windshields block 98% of UVA and 100% of UVB rays.  Your post says "from window" but I don't know if you meant the two front door windows or the windshield?  If you meant the windshield, I'm curious why you added the clear tint?

You are right, it is a bit of over kill but it’s just who I am. I have taken to tinting every window on my cars, including the windshield. It is also blocks 98% of the rays on top of the factory glass. Definitely overkill. 

I put clear tint on the windshield, pre-tinted factory windows and sunroof of the car if it has one. I put a light tint version, of the same 98%, on the non factory tinted windows. I don’t like dark tint, I like a slight tint which means I don’t need to wear sunglasses but have good vision a night. We have decent tint laws here, and none is allowed on the windshield but one would never know that it’s there. The other windows are all compliant. 

I am a bit “obsessed” when it comes to cars. I PPF wrap the entire front end of our cars, front quarters, A pillars, leading roof edge, mirrors, lower portions of doors and any other areas that have debris contact zones.  One is wrapped 100%.  When they ceramic coat the vehicles, the wheels come off so the coat the barrels over and above the faces. Kinda sad when most of them only get out from late April to mid November. 

I often say, I love to cruise… in cars and on ships. Looking forward to the return of being on water. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 8

7 hours ago, MJSailors said:

While some disappointed fans may agree with your version of the lyrics, the actual ones are- “ Meet the Mets, Meet the Mets,come on out and greet the Mets”

or something like that...

Growing up in Queens, not too far from Shea Stadium, I would often go to Mets games with my Dad. 

He was very glad when the Mets came along as he was without a team to root for after the Dodgers left Brooklyn. 

Maybe this is the Mets’ year. Seems that diehard fans say that every year. 

I have not been saying that every year but I am saying it this year .All they are lacking is a quality Manager and TV announcers who do not root for the opposing team.

5 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Hello Bon TexasNY

I think it may have been you that mentioned that the trainers  department could be causing problems for the Mets’ ability to win. I think this may be the case. Now, deGrom  is having issues.

No Sorry it wasn't me.  I know nothing about The Mets.  I was a Yankee fan for many many years even after we moved to TX.  I almost was booed out of work on "spirit day" in TX when the Rangers were playing The Yankees and I wore my Yankees ballcap.  Texans are so territorial....hiding.

My nephew is a Mets fan and named his dog Shea.

And it's a pleasure to meet another NYer.  I grew up on the LES - lower east side.  We locals KNEW it was in Manhattan; now in the Dallas area still missing my morning bagel.  

image.jpeg.435e3e4230d77a8469e447b4e162b321.jpeg

• Like 3

Busy day here today, unless your name is Lucy. She’s finishing the day the same way she started it. 

EE89AAC5-93BA-43AA-A111-2C6A13488227.thumb.jpeg.5476efbdf9d698ea7e0c462bbae95866.jpeg

Meanwhile we were busy putting together this sunshade. 200lbs of sand, and a few bolts she was assembled.  Maybe a few curse words too. Lisa chases the sun and I take what I get along the way. I don’t necessarily go looking for extra, so this will be appreciated.  It rotates 360 degrees, and tips both ways with 11.5’ of coverage. 

64136A02-CE11-4C87-B52E-9E5FE02C6E52.thumb.jpeg.4d209fdb32b80b55e96ea27b701cb4e4.jpeg

It has a protective covering too. The base is going to stay out all winter. No way I’m moving it again. 

9EEB2567-F444-4FBE-9F36-85AB00531214.thumb.jpeg.0ae9e279b55e39a8c84c4c90cb756b3c.jpeg

A few more flowers opening up and the lavender is progressing in the background.

3DDF1F01-959E-4167-9CAE-6544BB3BE6BF.thumb.jpeg.0f8ea3d9a48bc6f246f2c2abf3179974.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

You are right, it is a bit of over kill but it’s just who I am. I have taken to tinting every window on my cars, including the windshield. It is also blocks 98% of the rays on top of the factory glass. Definitely overkill. 

I put clear tint on the windshield, pre-tinted factory windows and sunroof of the car if it has one. I put a light tint version, of the same 98%, on the non factory tinted windows. I don’t like dark tint, I like a slight tint which means I don’t need to wear sunglasses but have good vision a night. We have decent tint laws here, and none is allowed on the windshield but one would never know that it’s there. The other windows are all compliant. 

I am a bit “obsessed” when it comes to cars. I PPF wrap the entire front end of our cars, front quarters, A pillars, leading roof edge, mirrors, lower portions of doors and any other areas that have debris contact zones.  One is wrapped 100%.  When they ceramic coat the vehicles, the wheels come off so the coat the barrels over and above the faces. Kinda sad when most of them only get out from late April to mid November. 

I often say, I love to cruise… in cars and on ships. Looking forward to the return of being on water. 

Curious as Eric had ceramic coat done to his Challenger last summer do you like PPF better than ceramic coat?     Cost wise which is cheaper?

As we were wrapping up Lisa starting getting a lot of notifications on her phone. Today was Owen’s unofficial non school associated photo get together.  It was all out doors, with 7 groups of kids arriving every 30 minutes getting individual photos. The photographer will merge all the students together into one photo.

Well the rain forecast for tonight changed to late afternoon.  We all had an hour to get ready for a sooner start time. No delays with three quick showers.  Owen was all dressed up and ready to go. 

Drive up diploma at the school is later this week. 

498BA88E-2BD2-4132-BE6E-09E8357CD728.thumb.jpeg.b09feb5c7d591fa771669323ee663610.jpeg

DF9C2F43-F0A4-4398-81E9-FD6B0AC02E02.thumb.jpeg.416677eed3aa913e3e730695e00c1dbf.jpeg

Gifts bags were placed out waiting to be picked up. 

1811F5EB-359D-467B-82BC-F64C657BFFAC.thumb.jpeg.10d0eb0682e73fcfd3110ae7dd7f5a30.jpeg

Some cupcakes too. The boys swarmed them, the girls were much more reserved. Owen said they were tasty. 

384DA5D3-C305-41CB-82AD-D25B03743960.jpeg.4ec535266b17966991bc24d06674099c.jpeg

8DF7250C-5127-4A3F-8E64-FE616C1707D2.thumb.jpeg.5c3b23fc66b790664707b11388a2fa4d.jpeg

Each graduate got a gift bag with donations from local business, and parents also included funds to go toward them as well. 

The outside of the bag. 

D8E6836F-7524-4917-9E2B-C6525CD5E9E4.thumb.jpeg.5b1b9961f7c0da1dfd7c3da73f2fe7cb.jpeg

The goods inside.

820FC81B-C72B-48CD-8CAC-6FAECC156235.thumb.jpeg.4222d58f5a4bf08525d7903b32189757.jpeg

5164A25B-30FA-435F-9374-26CF74FF4233.thumb.jpeg.bd169444d62f1b903548ff0095e4a835.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 13

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Curious as Eric had ceramic coat done to his Challenger last summer do you like PPF better than ceramic coat?     Cost wise which is cheaper?

You might not like this answer… ceramic coat gets applied to the PPF. Ceramic alone is a great product, the PPF is just an added layer of protection. 

When we had to redo the hood of Lisa’s car after a solid rock hit all PPF came off, then new was applied and then coated again with ceramic. No paint damage though. I have taken a stone solid hit to the Jeep and one of the Mustangs which tore the PPF as well with no paint damage.  

Lisa says I’m a “bit much”, but here car has no road rash at all over 5 years. As for the bit much, I remind her that she said yes to me when I proposed.  

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Two things  1) your yard is beautiful!  #2) Lucy, meet Mr. Kitty.  You guys have a lot in common.🤣

Thank-you.  Lucy and Mr Kitty would get along great. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We actually were the fans for Major League 2.

Took forever, very boring. Kept having to change seats depending on the camera angle they needed

They used Camden Yards because it would look similar to the new Cleveland stadium that was under construction.

We were background fans in "Angels in the Outfield" which was filmed at the Oakland Coliseum. It is a very long day, and they keep moving you to different sections for different scenes. It was interesting to watch the movie filming process though. :classic_biggrin: Most of the other seats were filled with cardboard people. :classic_biggrin: If we stop the movie at a particular scene, we are sort of visible. Bill was wearing a neon colored baseball cap. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We were background fans in "Angels in the Outfield" which was filmed at the Oakland Coliseum. It is a very long day, and they keep moving you to different sections for different scenes. It was interesting to watch the movie filming process though. :classic_biggrin: Most of the other seats were filled with cardboard people. :classic_biggrin: If we stop the movie at a particular scene, we are sort of visible. Bill was wearing a neon colored baseball cap. :classic_smile:

We had cardboard fans as well

• Thanks 1