Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ours was fine for about 5-6 years...then started to look like rust.  Did not let it get so bad as to crack,  like some do when they wait too long.  We are selling the Land Yacht this winter (other travel adventures getting in the way now).  So did not want that "first impression" to look like a rusty bus!  😉 

First impression is a lasting one. Great move on your part. 

11 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Wow, interesting. I just assumed you were talking about something that was sprayed on.  Shows how much I know about cars.  It must take some skill to get that on smoothly. 

There is removable spray coating which some people have used. From my understanding to remove it, it is a huge time consumer and hard to get out of tough spots. As for the PPF, it is a learned skill from what I have seen. Patience is a requirement. 

• Like 1

Leaving the Hilton, another bus took us to the pier. There was a cart there that provided us a ride to the  gangway. 

There our set sail passes were scanned.  This is the first time we used our phones for this functioned.  Turns out both of our phones have both set sail passes.

Then we were told that we needed to do the muster drill within 30 minutes.  What happened to emuster?

So, we went to our muster station. Nothing going there. Finally, found somebody to ask, At this point, DW is getting pretty  frustrated.  This is an evolving process, bound to be bugs, just be patient.  

Turns out, we went to B7, found the people. Got the standard muster instructions, and got scanned.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Bon TexasNY-

The Lower East Side is definitely a part of Manhattan and an area rich in history. I would really like to see the Tenement Museum there. It is an actual tenement building with different apartments showing life as it was for various immigrants during different years  beginning in the late 1800s until the 1940s.

I grew up in Forest Hills and have lived in a small town on Eastern Long Island for almost forty years. We live in a beautiful area of beaches,wineries and farms, but I  am still a City girl at heart.

Craving a morning bagel is something I understand. When we spend time during the winter in Florida, we do miss a good bagel and pizza. I am told the lack of the important ingredient of City water affects the taste of bagels and pizza made outside of NYC.

When things return to normal, you may consider taking a cruise leaving from Manhattan,Brooklyn or Bayonne with a pre cruise visit to NYC. Plenty of bagels for breakfast during such a trip !

We went to the Tenement museum a few years ago.Did you go to Forest Hills HS ? I have a cousin who was the Asst.Principal there for several years and his daughter graduated from the school as well.

I grew up in Brooklyn and lived there till 2003 when we moved to Long Island.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

If I had to do this again, I would seriously consider arriving a day or two early, hopefully not having the baggage claim mess.

1 minute ago, mo&fran said:

Leaving the Hilton, another bus took us to the pier. There was a cart there that provided us a ride to the  gangway. 

There our set sail passes were scanned.  This is the first time we used our phones for this functioned.  Turns out both of our phones have both set sail passes.

Then we were told that we needed to do the muster drill within 30 minutes.  What happened to emuster?

So, we went to our muster station. Nothing going there. Finally, found somebody to ask, At this point, DW is getting pretty  frustrated.  This is an evolving process, bound to be bugs, just be patient.  

Turns out, we went to B7, found the people. Got the standard muster instructions, and got scanned.

Thanks for checking in.

Hopefully, all the kinks are behind you. 

I wonder how this cruise will differ, if at all, to The Bird's cruise.  

How is the weather on Coco-Cay? Delightful, I hope.

Enjoy every moment to the fullest.

7 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Have a wonderful cruise!

if you wouldn’t mind, update us occasionally on how things are. 

Today started kind of cool (at least for us south Floridians) but very hazy. What Trainman would call a "lobster day". People would lay out thinking they are safe from the sun, and end up with a big time sun burn.  

I don't typically end up typing this much at once, and my fingers get cramped and I have to stop for a while,  but I think I can expand on Birds report on the WJ , and anything else I happen to find. Tomorrow is a sea day for our transit to Cozumel.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I’d be happy to have all the hassle just to be able to cruise! Sometimes on sailing day, it feels like forever till I can sink into the euphoria of actually being on the ship 

I’m thrilled to be cruising vicariously though you! Thank you!!!

• Like 4

Hello Lenquioxte66 (Lenny)-

I went to Christ the King HS in Middle Village. 

My root canal dentist grew up five blocks away from me and his mother taught at Forest Hills HS, probably about forty years ago. Her name is Mrs. Schmett. Does that name sound familiar ?

Isn’t it a beautiful day on LI ?

My DH and I are enjoying sitting on our screen porch right now.

Wishing you and all the fathers and men who have a significant role in a child’s

life a most enjoyable Fathers’ Day !

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Today started kind of cool (at least for us south Floridians) but very hazy. What Trainman would call a "lobster day". People would lay out thinking they are safe from the sun, and end up with a big time sun burn.  

I don't typically end up typing this much at once, and my fingers get cramped and I have to stop for a while,  but I think I can expand on Birds report on the WJ , and anything else I happen to find. Tomorrow is a sea day for our transit to Cozumel.

Enjoy your cruise. I would love to hear about it.

17 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

mo&fran-

Thank you for taking time to write about your cruise vacation.

Will you be posting any photos?

Enjoy!

I think I know how, but I have  never done it. I only have my Iphone, but stuff I have tried did not look good.  Bird had tons of wonderful photos on that thread, but I would like to try for some pictures of the royal Promenade at a busy time to show what it is like with the about 1000 passengers, which is what I have heard.am sure the MDR and WJ would be good too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

My root canal dentist grew up five blocks away from me and his mother taught at Forest Hills HS, probably about forty years ago. Her name is Mrs. Schmett. Does that name sound familiar ?

Wishing you and all the fathers and men who have a significant role in a child’s

I went to HS in Brooklyn.My cousin graduated Forest Hills HS in 1965.Her father was the AP there before she started HS.It is a very beautiful day on LI .

My Father’s Day gifts… see a theme? Caesar’s this afternoon and maybe some snacks. 

7062F807-F22B-4E48-AD22-2609816E73B5.thumb.jpeg.f6d22fcd771b8345e0e542c342d2cb4b.jpeg

Lisa’s card to me. We always get joke cards. 

DE9A3174-92B5-4536-B4B1-9B050400A036.thumb.jpeg.7a0d0edb24369f1fd6c722660efd8c0c.jpeg

D7414321-A400-4C68-BEBD-ED8DD78CE06E.thumb.jpeg.3833530ac132c785982b81a3baf16bed.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Went off to a car show today.  Perfect day for it, but at 90° and humid, it was a little warm on the street.  

They had a very large turnout, as you can tell by the view down the street. 

384CFA85-3E6F-4079-A84D-3A4B5F09B6B0.thumb.jpeg.c38816cfda90a2c81955b91f90b05bf6.jpeg

Just a few random shots from the 100’s of cars on display. 

Looks like Mater and Lightning made it. 

081EDAFC-3C6B-4DF5-8A0F-EF32E43A7E04.thumb.jpeg.297a39e6dda7507c5750c3d831ab5065.jpeg

4B9329BE-549F-45AB-BE34-813D0D925F96.thumb.jpeg.48802fdb04c5463ce945e1e5693eae06.jpeg

Someone had and old, rough looking VW bus. 

A6A76B4B-5DF6-4E7A-93F0-E9EC19858640.thumb.jpeg.f95eefd9dec3c4a0f9b894994eee305a.jpeg

Had to take a photo of this old 31 Ford.  My dad had this model that he drove back and forth to work. 

7C9C9B8D-C907-4CC3-A84F-47C8085757D0.thumb.jpeg.badc9007a351c4b49cd460bcf55f75df.jpeg

Someone had a nice looking split window coupe. 

1E2AB3E4-022E-4F6B-AFFF-E937A8886141.thumb.jpeg.617c9b76410f8d1553d623a755cfe389.jpeg

Always did like the looks of the Zimmer. 

780B4FDB-6E90-4948-AAFC-850E27C0E82E.thumb.jpeg.205297f523a7b28923196e3167836577.jpeg

Someone did a unique wrap on their Honda. 

6F324260-70AF-430A-9633-538CCBF2D0D3.thumb.jpeg.3836b418b534f288f828f18df4a02378.jpeg

My family had this model Impala when I was growing up, but it sure wasn’t this color. 

47FF3283-F27B-419E-A562-2A6449E1ADAF.thumb.jpeg.4f61b65d844ebe59551a4e00b68beb44.jpeg

53 Corvette anyone?

11C74261-2B99-4BD7-AA3B-951C45145646.thumb.jpeg.4210ba74ef4e7a6afc3c2f983c0ca3a8.jpeg

Quite a few street rods there too. 

B90BB52B-8382-4F09-8829-64CC51944106.thumb.jpeg.64f701cd7c49124ed3c155617ce33ec4.jpeg

Not sure of the year on this one. I am sure @A&L_Ont can probably come up with one. 

79BE35D6-628F-4CED-A40F-BA55F5165A62.thumb.jpeg.60d593a8a3b056ba886710ce5d1719aa.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Happy Father's Day to all of the dads out there!

MJSailors, you are certainly right about the City water affecting the taste of bagels and pizza.  I grew up on Staten Island, and  always had delicious bagels and pizza.  The best!  We moved to NJ four years ago, and tried so many pizza places, but to no avail.  Any time we go back to the Island, our grandsons ask us to pick up a pizza and bring them home.  One of our great Italian restaurants on the Island, Denino's, has opened two restaurants here in NJ, and they have the water shipped to them here.  I can attest to how delicious their pizza is here.  Both restaurants are only a half hour from us in each direction. 

mo&fran, enjoy your cruise!!!!!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

I had friends that went to Christ the king , I lived in Ridgewood.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

We went to the Tenement museum a few years ago.Did you go to Forest Hills HS ? I have a cousin who was the Asst.Principal there for several years and his daughter graduated from the school as well.

I grew up in Brooklyn and lived there till 2003 when we moved to Long Island.

I heard theTenement museum was very interesting, hopefully we will go next trip , problem is there is so many things to do in NYC.

• Like 2

One thing that  bothered my after I first arrived in Nassau was the number of people in the terminal collecting their luggage. Then I realized , everyone was required to have the Bahamas Health  Visa, showing them to be fully vaccinated, or a negative PCR test.

I hope I am not missing something.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, George C said:

I had friends that went to Christ the king , I lived in Ridgewood.

I heard theTenement museum was very interesting, hopefully we will go next trip , problem is there is so many things to do in NYC.

If you tour the Tenement Museum,about a block away is a candy store that sells candy that kids ate in the 1950’s and not at high prices.

Yes,so many things to do in NYC.In 2014 my wife and I joined a Senior Tours organization .From that year to 2019 we went to many places that we never went to ,amazing.

I had friends living in Ridgewood.One still does,on Stanhope St.

Edited by lenquixote66

41 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

22 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Not sure of the year on this one. I am sure @A&L_Ont can probably come up with one. 

I’d guess about 2008 or so from the headlights. Lots of aftermarket goodies on this car. 

Edited by A&L_Ont