Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I just posted this on Bella's thread.  Thought to share in here as well:

I had to change my email password.  I received an email from Walmart letting me know my order was received and should arrive July 6.  Huh?  $52.00.   I scrolled further and found the person who ordered the Whey Protein Powder lives in CA.  So thankful I have no credit card on file AND the email that was used was the one used for job searches not the one I use to order from Walmart.com.  I usually change my password periodically but it got away from me this time.   I called Walmart and the order was cancelled.  Their fraud security has been notified.  Scary.

Please remember to change your password periodically!

We now resume our regular "broadcast".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Very tasty looking.  I miss the NJ grown corn we used to buy at farmer's markets when we lived in NY.  So sweet it tasted like it was cooked in sugar.  

We had a huge garden growing up in NJ, would go pick the corn and could eat it without cooking it was so sweet.  Do miss the corn and especially the tomatoes.  Got spoiled and am very picky now, hard to find anything that even comes close here.

Tip I learned for cooking corn, smell the steam coming off the pot, as soon as you smell the corn take it out, fresh corn only needs a minute or two, older can take much longer.

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I had to change my email password.  I received an email from Walmart letting me know my order was received and should arrive July 6.  Huh?  $52.00.   I scrolled further and found the person who ordered the Whey Protein Powder lives in CA.  So thankful I have no credit card on file AND the email that was used was the one used for job searches not the one I use to order from Walmart.com.  I usually change my password periodically but it got away from me this time.   I called Walmart and the order was cancelled.  Their fraud security has been notified.  Scary.

Sounds like this was a legitimate mistaken order since Walmart cancelled the order, but this is also a common scam.  People will send an email or text message talking about an order arriving that you don't recognize.  Often, people will reply, which let's the scammers know that they have a "live" address or phone number.  They will then sell lists of live addresses to other scammers.  They may sell 1000 addresses with a guarantee that 95% are active.  If a scammer buys the list and finds that there are fewer than 950 active addresses, they can contact customer service for the organization from which they bought the addresses and get their money back.  Yes...it's a real business and worth a lot of money.  Worst case, they will convince someone to send them their password or credit card info to someone fix the "mistake".

Never reply, and never click on any links provided...even if they look legit.  Always separately contact the company involved (e.g. Walmart) through a known good phone number or email address from their web site.  No legitimate company will ever ask you to provide them with your password.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm continually amazed Dani that you can remember so many names, countries, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.  Well done!

I thought the same thing. I have a hard time just keeping up with everything going on in this thread. To everyone, please excuse me if I miss something or do not comment on something. I am paying attention and I do care. I have a lot of stuff going on right now in my life and trying to keep up to date is hard sometimes. My apologies.

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Excellent advice.  Those scammers are disgusting.  They never stop trying to find new ways to steal.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm continually amazed Dani that you can remember so many names, countries, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.  Well done!

Thanks, it is actually very simple....

If one of the "regular" posters mentions an anniversary, I take note. If I may say so, I'm good at that 😉

• Like 8

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We went to my daughter and son in laws July 4 party today.I took my mask as there were 52 people present.I did not wear it outside as I socially distanced and forgot to wear it inside.

Hope you enjoyed the day.  

15 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Very tasty looking.  I miss the NJ grown corn we used to buy at farmer's markets when we lived in NY.  So sweet it tasted like it was cooked in sugar.  

I, too, love NJ grown corn.  Should start to be available later this month.

I'm not sure where the corn we got this weekend is from, it's okay, nowhere near as sweet as NJ corn.

3 hours ago, island lady said:

I grew up in Michigan.  The local favorite was a variety called "candy corn".   My Dad would soak the corn with husks still in place in a huge pail of water for an hour, then put them right on the grill.  Oooohhh so good!  🙂 

I do the same with my corn.  Love it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

You did great!  Nice job and very inviting area!  🤗

That is pretty much how I do it.  Snap with phone, send it email to myself, download, go into downloads, transfer picture to "pictures" file with folders (I have a big one titled Maine 2021 right now)...then select from that to post.  Most likely an easier way...but it works for me.  😉 

Glad I'm not the only one!

49 minutes ago, akcruz said:

We had a huge garden growing up in NJ, would go pick the corn and could eat it without cooking it was so sweet.  Do miss the corn and especially the tomatoes.  Got spoiled and am very picky now, hard to find anything that even comes close here.

Tip I learned for cooking corn, smell the steam coming off the pot, as soon as you smell the corn take it out, fresh corn only needs a minute or two, older can take much longer.

I grew tomatoes, cukes, peppers and scallions in NY.  NJ sold the best corn and tomatoes.  When I tasted how good NJ tomatoes were I stopped growing them myself. We lived on the NY/NJ border and had multiple farms to buy home grown produce.

37 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sounds like this was a legitimate mistaken order since Walmart cancelled the order, but this is also a common scam.  People will send an email or text message talking about an order arriving that you don't recognize.  Often, people will reply, which let's the scammers know that they have a "live" address or phone number.  They will then sell lists of live addresses to other scammers.  They may sell 1000 addresses with a guarantee that 95% are active.  If a scammer buys the list and finds that there are fewer than 950 active addresses, they can contact customer service for the organization from which they bought the addresses and get their money back.  Yes...it's a real business and worth a lot of money.  Worst case, they will convince someone to send them their password or credit card info to someone fix the "mistake".

Never reply, and never click on any links provided...even if they look legit.  Always separately contact the company involved (e.g. Walmart) through a known good phone number or email address from their web site.  No legitimate company will ever ask you to provide them with your password.

Good advice.  It seemed legit. They cancelled as soon as I stated my problem. I never clicked on a link in the email but called the # for Walmart that I googled.  I hate to think what would have happened if I had a saved credit card on file.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

but a couple of friends said that watching the Edge come in was like the movie "Speed 2" with Sandra Bullock. It was coming straight at the starboard side of us until Captain Kate spun sideways and parked herself right into position.

I had a feeling that Captain Kate strongly resembles someone.... Mystery solved -- Sandra Bullock !!!😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, sgmn said:

So this is my happy place,  Perranporth Beach. My Nana lived here and all our holidays as a child were spent here.  One of the best surfing beaches in Cornwall. 

I've just mentioned this beach to my DS1, who is an avid surfer. He said: "Yes, it is well known, but it is COLD, VERY VERY COLD"..... 😢

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I've just mentioned this beach to my DS1, who is an avid surfer. He said: "Yes, it is well known, but it is COLD, VERY VERY COLD"..... 😢

🤣 yes it is !!! It's northern Atlantic ocean. One of those dots in the water in the second photo is me, one of a handful without a wet suit.  I've been swimming there all my life before wet suits for surfers were fashionable.  Currently in a VERY hot bath and looking forward to dinner in the local pub

Hubby absolutely refuses to come in unless it's the Med or Caribbean, which is weird as our first date was when he asked me if I would like to come to the local scuba diving club where he was a member and he dived off the British Coast all the time. But that was 35 years ago. 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2