Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

My DH cried when he saw the dress at a first look. Oh. The cost. 

Circa 1953 my moms dress was the dress of the month. $$$
Circa. 1991 my Demetrius was dress of the year. $$$$$

Circa 2021. Christina’s dress was dress of the month. $$$$&$

And what is freaky is all the dresses have similar swarski crystals. 

Um. Yup. 
“it is what it is.”

Let us just say DDs dress cost more than what I paid for my 2006. GTO. 

OH. 

Enough wedding

With the massive rain and flooding in Ohio we lost our green beans tomato and peppers. 

What is still struggling are corn, zucchini cucumbers and squash. 

A picture of today’s first harvest. 

Be safe. 

F974DF51-7F17-48FF-ADEA-597FA18ACAB0.jpeg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

You know, Graham, me being quite glued to the news [you absolutely HAVE to be in our "special" country], mainly following [now] the Covid situation.

It seems that those who have been sick have a much better immunization against Covid that the one provided by the vaccine. Nevertheless, the PM held a press conference this evening and urged every one to get vaccinated.

We have enough of them for all the population, but people are complacent.

A batch of 700.000 vaccines bound to expire we managed to swap with South Korea, so, at least here, nothing was wasted.

But it's a pity to throw even one dose !!!

A small local pharmacy was on the evening news the other night saying they had 1000 doses of pfizer that is set to expire this weekend.    The pharmacist said he tried handing out notices, big signs on the curb, etc. etc. but barely anyone has showed up for a vaccine shot in weeks.   He decided he is going to try a different angle and focus on the teenagers as they do not need a parent's permission.      

He is setting up a mini clinic Friday and Saturday and has been getting flyers out to the local rec centers and social media hoping he gets their attention and can use up these doses.

Hopefully the teenagers will show up and get vaccinated.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

I do something similar with yellow squash.  Slice and place on a pam sprayed sheet pan.  Sprinkle with garlic salt, pepper and a spoonful of parmesan cheese.  Bake at 425 for 20 min.

That sounds good.. With squash or zucchini being the main vegetable I get a big bowl and slice up the squash, brussel sprouts,  cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, potatoes, sometimes green beans and other veggies.  I pour olive oil over all and mix it up.  I sprinkle with sea salt and ground peppercorn. I then spread it out over parchment paper on a sheet pan.  Turn the oven on broil and when it brown’s up I flip it.  I like it when it is crispy.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Just checked with my daughter and she said my grandson is doing fine.  He coughs some about every two hours. Thanks 

Tell him to drink plenty of water too.     As most children don't always like drinking plain water (at least mine didn't) sugar free gatorade or Zero powerade would be good to do along with water. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

My DH cried when he saw the dress at a first look. Oh. The cost. 

Circa 1953 my moms dress was the dress of the month. $$$
Circa. 1991 my Demetrius was dress of the year. $$$$$

Circa 2021. Christina’s dress was dress of the month. $$$$&$

And what is freaky is all the dresses have similar swarski crystals. 

Um. Yup. 
“it is what it is.”

Let us just say DDs dress cost more than what I paid for my 2006. GTO. 

OH. 

Enough wedding

With the massive rain and flooding in Ohio we lost our green beans tomato and peppers. 

What is still struggling are corn, zucchini cucumbers and squash. 

A picture of today’s first harvest. 

Be safe. 

F974DF51-7F17-48FF-ADEA-597FA18ACAB0.jpeg

OMG!   that is an expensive dress.    

When I was planning my wedding I told my parents I don't want them spending any more than X amount as my alterative motive was to get money as a gift to go towards down payment on our first house we were buying together.  It worked!

I bought my dress and I was very happy with my selection and paid under $500 almost 30 years ago.

I had a very nice wedding at a country club with something like 125 guests.   If I was do it again, I would elope on a beach in the Caribbean surrounded by close family and friends.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Our NY friends told us they will only visit us in NJ if we sit outside.  They won't come into my daughter's house.  Everyone is double vaxxed and my daughter and son in law will be at work anyway.  No bathroom visits!  They only go to restaurants if they can eat outside so that would be a better option. Everyone has their own comfort zone.

It is really truly amazing the difference in comfort zones. We are in NJ (near NY) and have been eating out in restaurants as long as it has been allowed (over a year). We typically eat sitting at the bar which has been allowed in NY state (outside NYC) for that entire time.  It was socially distanced for a long time, but not any more.  Since vaccination we have been visiting relatives / friends at their houses (and are comfortable inside). 

However, I understand people can only do what they are comfortable with and need to make their own decisions. 

My best to you all. My husband and I had our 3rd grandchild about 6 days ago.  They are all the children of our older son ... ages 4, 2, and almost a week. 🙂😉 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Lenny - Your post had me wondering, so I searched for Sorrento's Pizza.  One did pop up in the Bronx (Williamsbridge Rd) that has similar coloring but a different font.  Concidentally (??), there's a Portofino Cafe right next door.  There's also a Sorrento's Pizza in Lakeland, FL that is family owned and operated (i.e. not a chain), and a few others scattered around the country (and Mexico!).  And Royal's website says something about spending years perfecting their recipe, which makes me believe that what Ocean Boy said is true...Royal's Sorrento's is not related to other Sorrento's.  I'd guess it's just a common enough Italian name to be used by several restaurants.

My opinion of Sorrento's pizza on the ship??...Like most things Royal, it varies from ship to ship.  I've had some that's good, and some that tastes like tomato sauce on cardboard.  I'm always happy to eat it late at night though.

My wife describes Costco pizza as tomato sauce on cardboard but she likes Sorrentos on the ships.

8 minutes ago, mets07 said:

It is really truly amazing the difference in comfort zones. We are in NJ (near NY) and have been eating out in restaurants as long as it has been allowed (over a year). We typically eat sitting at the bar which has been allowed in NY state (outside NYC) for that entire time.  It was socially distanced for a long time, but not any more.  Since vaccination we have been visiting relatives / friends at their houses (and are comfortable inside). 

However, I understand people can only do what they are comfortable with and need to make their own decisions. 

My best to you all. My husband and I had our 3rd grandchild about 6 days ago.  They are all the children of our older son ... ages 4, 2, and almost a week. 🙂😉 

Congratulations on the new baby!    I hope Mom and baby are doing well.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Congratulations on the birth of your 3rd grandchild.  They are a blessing, aren't they!

We were cautious before getting double vaxxed.  14 days after our 2nd shot we starting going to restaurants and visiting friends we hadn't seen in a year.  Very liberating!

Would you feel comfortable enough to tell me the area you live?  I remember discussing our NY/NJ history but not sure we discussed location.

I lived in Rockland County for 27 years, 20 in Tappan a few short minutes from NJ and 7 years in New City.

• Like 2

Just now, BonTexasNY said:

Would you feel comfortable enough to tell me the area you live?  I remember discussing our NY/NJ history but not sure we discussed location.

I lived in Rockland County for 27 years, 20 in Tappan a few short minutes from NJ and 7 years in New City.

Hi, we live in Bergen County NJ .... and often eat in restaurants in Rockland County NY....   Piermont, Sparkill, etc.  

6 minutes ago, derorim said:

That's interesting.  I don't see acidity listed on the bottle in my pantry, but will look for that.  

That's funny....I did the same thing; went to the cupboard and checked the bottle.  😁

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Tell him to drink plenty of water too.     As most children don't always like drinking plain water (at least mine didn't) sugar free gatorade or Zero powerade would be good to do along with water. 

That’s a good idea.  I will pass it along. Thanks

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@dani negreanu   I sent a pic of one of your shoes to my daughter.  She loved them.  I am going to attempt to show you some of the shoes she has done.

image.thumb.jpeg.17eba3f69a9741deda2df13d91d120c3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bee8ae543492e4d45cf8633bb3a5ff52.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.99637670d69d326ac4f1e605f00a0fad.jpeg

Wow.  Your daughter is as talented as Dani's husband.  Are these just for show, or do your grandkids wear them?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That sounds good.. With squash or zucchini being the main vegetable I get a big bowl and slice up the squash, brussel sprouts,  cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, potatoes, sometimes green beans and other veggies.  I pour olive oil over all and mix it up.  I sprinkle with sea salt and ground peppercorn. I then spread it out over parchment paper on a sheet pan.  Turn the oven on broil and when it brown’s up I flip it.  I like it when it is crispy.

We do something similar with just brussels sprouts (cut in half), or just broccoli, or just cauliflower.  Toss them in olive oil, add sea salt/fresh ground pepper, and broil them on parchment paper.  The brussels sprouts in particular taste great with a crispy exterior.

• Like 4