US halts passport services

On 9/24/2020 at 10:54 PM, sharktums said:

Sent my daughters old passport away on Tuesday 9/22.   Kids (even renewals) are basically treated like new applications every time so we'll see how long it takes. 

And got it back in the mail today. So less than seven weeks. Also they've updated the site saying they're not offering Expedited Service again for extra cost...not that any of us can go anywhere! 😃

On 4/3/2020 at 6:16 PM, Coralc said:

We submitted renewals for Global Entry in Jan. and Feb. respectively and paid the $100. Both renewal applications still say "pending review". 

Update: :classic_smile: Last Saturday (10/31) I received an email that the status of my Global Entry renewal application had changed. And it was approved. I received the new GE card this week. Hopefully, DH's will be approved and arrive soon. :classic_biggrin:

So 10 months....that's not bad with everything that is going on. :classic_huh:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

We ordered our renewed passports about three months ago.  Just got notification that they are on their way!  Expect today or by monday.  We did all by mail and had the picture taken at the drug store.

But who knows when we will sail again!  

Edited by Cruise a holic

• 4 weeks later...

Received approval for application Global Entry and instructed to schedule interview.   Not... no locations open now or in future.   Called and told to check back with no guesstimate of when they will re-open.   Bummer

1 hour ago, CK57 said:

Received approval for application Global Entry and instructed to schedule interview.   Not... no locations open now or in future.   Called and told to check back with no guesstimate of when they will re-open.   Bummer

That's too bad. :classic_sad: Still haven't heard about DH's renewal for GE. Fingers crossed he is not selected for an interview. 

8 minutes ago, Coralc said:

That's too bad. :classic_sad: Still haven't heard about DH's renewal for GE. Fingers crossed he is not selected for an interview. 

I know our granddaughter's renewal came through months ago and needs an interview,  actually it's probably because age and that the end new photo, she's 7.  My son had said there was nothing open in the LA area so they hadn't done it. Not sure current status. When we did our last year no interview for renewal needed

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2020 at 9:43 PM, CK57 said:

My TSA pre-check expires in February and I was contemplating GE. Given the time it may take, looks like I’ll renew Pre-check, since that can be done online. Maybe GE in 2026!!!!,

33 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

My TSA pre-check expires in February and I was contemplating GE. Given the time it may take, looks like I’ll renew Pre-check, since that can be done online. Maybe GE in 2026!!!!,

You apply for GE online.  The interview, photo, and fingerprints are in person after approval.   Problem is that many of those offices are closed.  Not all renewals need in person appointment. 

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

You apply for GE online.  The interview, photo, and fingerprints are in person after approval.   Problem is that many of those offices are closed.  Not all renewals need in person appointment. 

My wife and I applied for GE RENEWAL on the same day.  I got instant approval.  She is still waiting 7 months later.

Edited by zalusky

3 hours ago, zalusky said:

My wife and I applied for GE RENEWAL on the same day.  I got instant approval.  She is still waiting 7 months later.

We submitted for GE renewal in October. Mine was approved in 2 days. My husband’s still has not had a status change either way, two months later. Your wife status does not instill confidence in a quick resolution. 

But they did extend the expiration of our GE 9 extra months so that’s nice. 

He regularly travels from Chicago to New York/PA/CA for work. I have traveled more overseas than him in the last few years. 

I wonder how they decide who gets immediate approval and who has to wait? 

I suppose it’s not a big deal because sadly we have no plans to travel any time soon.